Volunteering 2020

DJL

3 minutes ago, Flysheet said:

Nightmare scenario with Festaff, I’m in, Mrs not...

Grovelling has commenced 

Oh heck!

My boyfriend has a place with Oxfam. I am checking everyday!

Does anyone know, in the event of a few people pulling out, do festaff recontact people to fill the places?

3 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Oh ffs ... What were the kind of things you had to answer ? 

Ya know, full CV, qualifications, experience, job history, interests.  I'm CRB checked, FCA approved, same job for years :mellow:

never mind!  I dare say there will be spaces with Oxfam soon or resale will be easier with all this corona-fear

1 minute ago, stuie said:

Ya know, full CV, qualifications, experience, job history, interests.  I'm CRB checked, FCA approved, same job for years :mellow:

never mind!  I dare say there will be spaces with Oxfam soon or resale will be easier with all this corona-fear

Stuie, I know your pain. Full CV and qualifications as well as 7 years of security and stewarding experience but yet another rejection. Not sure who got in at this stage!

9 minutes ago, rockandnoll said:

Stuie, I know your pain. Full CV and qualifications as well as 7 years of security and stewarding experience but yet another rejection. Not sure who got in at this stage!

Keep the faith!

2 hours ago, stuie said:

Yep it will that ... it’s odd though that nobody seems to be getting them ... must be time for oxfam campaigning roles to be announcing soon 

Hi, made an account just to post on here ahaa, did all of you just get a flat out rejection from festaff? Mine said I haven’t been accepted but they would like to keep my application on hold in case of withdrawals, and they’ve kept my deposit for now. Just trying to assess whether I should get my hopes up or not 🙈

6 minutes ago, LizzieRose said:

Hi, made an account just to post on here ahaa, did all of you just get a flat out rejection from festaff? Mine said I haven’t been accepted but they would like to keep my application on hold in case of withdrawals, and they’ve kept my deposit for now. Just trying to assess whether I should get my hopes up or not 🙈

That’s a very good positive I’d say you have a great chance 

13 minutes ago, LizzieRose said:

That’s what mine said too. 

6 hours ago, Beerqueen said:

I've been stressing and thinking and trying to work it out.  But my gut instinct (and a little logic) has prevailed and I think I'm going to go for Poo Crew over Shelter.  So there is going to be a space at Shelter back in the mix.

Thank you, moves me one down the waiting list! Hoping corona virus fears, people disappointed with the line-up and people choosing fest staff over shelter should mean a few more places too

2 hours ago, DJL said:

Thank you, moves me one down the waiting list! Hoping corona virus fears, people disappointed with the line-up and people choosing fest staff over shelter should mean a few more places too

There has been some discussion on Facebook suggesting more people than first supposed may not pay their balance due to this.  I think some people were expecting some sort of really astonishingly fantastic, global superstars all day type of line-up.  The talk almost made me think about giving up both my volunteer places and risking the resale!

Poo Crew have said that "we may have more spaces available as several bonds are still not paid, we still have people on the reserve list, but that may change.  If you have friends that want to be a part of the team get them to fill out this link:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfP-tBqKftnFjXARgGuUl8X9K7aBxBjTU-F9eNKhtFmz4u6UA/viewform

1 hour ago, Beerqueen said:

There has been some discussion on Facebook suggesting more people than first supposed may not pay their balance due to this.  I think some people were expecting some sort of really astonishingly fantastic, global superstars all day type of line-up.  The talk almost made me think about giving up both my volunteer places and risking the resale!

9 minutes ago, Beerqueen said:

Poo Crew have said that "we may have more spaces available as several bonds are still not paid, we still have people on the reserve list, but that may change.  If you have friends that want to be a part of the team get them to fill out this link:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfP-tBqKftnFjXARgGuUl8X9K7aBxBjTU-F9eNKhtFmz4u6UA/viewform

Thanks for bringing some (much needed) positivity! I'm on the reserve list for poo crew too so fingers crossed.

I absolutely love the line-up but it is no different from any other year at this point so if people were (slightly foolishly imo) expecting something different I can see how they'd be disappointed. 

1 hour ago, DJL said:

Thanks for bringing some (much needed) positivity! I'm on the reserve list for poo crew too so fingers crossed.

I absolutely love the line-up but it is no different from any other year at this point so if people were (slightly foolishly imo) expecting something different I can see how they'd be disappointed. 

Exactly!  Well put! 

Hope you get a place on Poo Crew - feel like we've been through everything here together and we'd make a great team!

Edited by Beerqueen

3 hours ago, Beerqueen said:

Exactly!  Well put! 

Hope you get a place on Poo Crew - feel like we've been through everything here together and we'd make a great team!

Me too - that first drink *when* we all finally get there is going to taste particularly well-earned this year! Has anyone suggested aTuesday night efests volunteers meet-up?

24 minutes ago, funkychick2007 said:

Isnt is it tradition for a tuesday night efests meet up! Although ive never actually made it! Shameful behaviour! Ax

No it's Wednesday as the festival is only open to campervans (I think) and workers on the Tuesday.

58 minutes ago, DJL said:

Me too - that first drink *when* we all finally get there is going to taste particularly well-earned this year! Has anyone suggested aTuesday night efests volunteers meet-up?

Don't know if anyone has suggested it but that's a great idea!

On 3/14/2020 at 1:16 AM, Beerqueen said:

I've been stressing and thinking and trying to work it out.  But my gut instinct (and a little logic) has prevailed and I think I'm going to go for Poo Crew over Shelter.  So there is going to be a space at Shelter back in the mix.

Did you contact Shelter? if so the plcae I have just been offered might have been yours, so thanks!

The joy is quite tempered by fear it won't go ahead... but the Glastonbury 2020 rollercoaster continues! 

• Like 1

On 3/14/2020 at 6:19 PM, funkychick2007 said:

Isnt is it tradition for a tuesday night efests meet up! Although ive never actually made it! Shameful behaviour! Ax

There isn't an efests one but last year I joined the recycling crew from Glasto Worker Bees group on FB on the Tuesday night which was good fun.  But an efests one sounds like a good plan too.

Edited by dondo

56 minutes ago, DJL said:

Did you contact Shelter? if so the plcae I have just been offered might have been yours, so thanks!

The joy is quite tempered by fear it won't go ahead... but the Glastonbury 2020 rollercoaster continues! 

Yes!  I emailed them over the weekend and they emailed me back this morning so it does sound like it!  So pleased for you!