Volunteering 2020

DJL

On 3/3/2020 at 8:43 PM, Gilb said:

I still have my Oxfam page-checker macro running throughout every day. No bites yet as it's still offering shop only but if that changes I should get an instant alert.

If anyone wants to join in let me know. 

How would I set one up for other festivals? Currently volunteering solo at Boomtown and a friend wants to join but stewarding places are sold out. 

On 3/4/2020 at 2:13 AM, Gilb said:

I still have my Oxfam page-checker macro running throughout every day. No bites yet as it's still offering shop only but if that changes I should get an instant alert.

My husband is still trying to get a place. How does this work, can we get in on it?

On 3/4/2020 at 7:43 AM, Gilb said:

Interested in getting involved with this, if possible. I’m overseas so starting to feel something like this might be my only chance. how does it work?

18 hours ago, daclown28 said:

I would like to join in, but have very little tech knowledge and only a phone. Is this possible? 

11 hours ago, Leyrulion said:

How would I set one up for other festivals? Currently volunteering solo at Boomtown and a friend wants to join but stewarding places are sold out. 

10 hours ago, Simsy said:

My husband is still trying to get a place. How does this work, can we get in on it?

5 hours ago, DropBeat said:

Interested in getting involved with this, if possible. I’m overseas so starting to feel something like this might be my only chance. how does it work?

No problem, I can add you to the SMS alert list. I just need a mobile number for the alerts to be sent to. Send me a PM on here and I'll set it up.

I won't take on any more people from here as i want to make sure it works well and (selfishly) give myself more chance of getting in first. Once I'm in I'll open it up some more.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Gilb said:

No problem, I can add you to the SMS alert list. I just need a mobile number for the alerts to be sent to. Send me a PM on here and I'll set it up.

I won't take on any more people from here as i want to make sure it works well and (selfishly) give myself more chance of getting in first. Once I'm in I'll open it up some more.

Ha ha ... I understand that from setting up the watts app group and failing :) 

22 hours ago, Beerqueen said:

Got the invoice to pay for Poo Crew today. It's payable by 16th so I would expect a few dropouts now and places to become available for those on the reserve list. 

What decision have you come to ? I'm down to waiting on PooCrew, WaterAid, and wether I can get an Oxfam place. I think I take whichever comes first if any. 

1 hour ago, stutheblue said:

What decision have you come to ? I'm down to waiting on PooCrew, WaterAid, and wether I can get an Oxfam place. I think I take whichever comes first if any. 

I still haven't decided! I'm on holiday at the moment so will sit down and weigh it all up next week. I think a spreadsheet and some sort of marking system may be involved!  My head says Shelter but for some reason I'm favouring poo crew - I think it's because their communication seems so much friendlier! 

On 3/4/2020 at 7:43 AM, Gilb said:

Any chance you could add me

Edit-nevermind just saw you aren't adding anymore. If you do open it in the future let me know

Edited by Brianae

13 minutes ago, Gilb said:

Just got a rejection notification from Festaff  :(
"...level of applications this year has been unprecedented..."

Now reliant on Oxfam and Wateraid and the resale 

Well done to those who got in!

Ah that's shit @Gilb 

Just checked email and nothing from Festaff yet.

Keep the faith.

2 hours ago, Gilb said:

Just got a rejection notification from Festaff  :(
"...level of applications this year has been unprecedented..."

Now reliant on Oxfam and Wateraid and the resale 

Well done to those who got in!

My boyfriend got a rejection email, but he does have a place with Oxfam.

I've not received anything 😔

29 minutes ago, Sawdusty Surfer said:

If the festival goes ahead there will be LOADS of volunteer jobs available, especially at short notice. Trust me on this.

Do you think there will be tons of people dropping out at the last minute ? If it’s on, unless I’m sick there’s no way I won’t be in those beautiful fields 

Okay that didn't take long. Rejected :(

my other application is still open though for the twinned event, have you guys cancelled your application for the sister event? It would have been a real stretch for me to do in terms of time off etc, but was something I was willing to do to get to Glasto. Now I don't want to annoy my boss by needing that time off if I don't need to, but on the flip side will this look badly on me for any future Festaff applications?