Volunteering 2020

DJL

3 hours ago, funkychick2007 said:

Most smaller volunteer groups are confirmed by January! Apart from those bigger charities mentioned here there are many many many smaller community groups tht have volunteer teams! 

I contacted a lot of the smaller ones, but no luck.  They all seem to be prefilled and are difficult to get into as a newbie.  The bigger charities organisations hold more chances.  I'm frustrated about festaffs organisation today.  I was working and managed to be ready at 10am, but was busy seeing patients when it went live.  We still have some more options and resale but its disheartening.  

Big well done to those that got through today. I hope you all get accepted :) 

x

5 minutes ago, Jensescapade said:

I contacted a lot of the smaller ones, but no luck.  They all seem to be prefilled and are difficult to get into as a newbie.  The bigger charities organisations hold more chances.  I'm frustrated about festaffs organisation today.  I was working and managed to be ready at 10am, but was busy seeing patients when it went live.  We still have some more options and resale but its disheartening.  

Big well done to those that got through today. I hope you all get accepted :) 

x

keep the faith still plenty of opportunities to come  ...

• Like 1

8 hours ago, efcfanwirral said:

Where on site is this? 

Near to gate B, maybe 5 to 10 minutes walk to the gate.

If you look on the map it's the fields above windilake farm to the left of purple 4 car park

Webmap-2019-v4-1.jpg

Edited by dondo

Well yesterday was anxiety inducing! I've just moved into a new flat with terrible internet connectivity, so at first I wasn't sure if it was my connection or the website, but with the phone also giving me problems I guessed it wasn't just me. Was like ticket day all over again!

i had to drive somewhere at 10.45 so I had given up, thank GOD for the tills at ASDA not opening until 11am and my nosiness meaning I refreshed the Twitter feed to see what people weee saying and seeing they had reopened that very minute.

i got lucky. Glastonbury and Neigbourhood Weekender. So now we wait! 

Edited by king_oxymoron
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, king_oxymoron said:

Well yesterday was anxiety inducing! I've just moved into a new flat with terrible internet connectivity, so at first I wasn't sure if it was my connection or the website, but with the phone also giving me problems I guessed it wasn't just me. Was like ticket day all over again!

i had to drive somewhere at 10.45 so I had given up, thank GOD for the tills at ASDA not opening until 11am and my nosiness meaning I refreshed the Twitter feed to see what people weee saying and seeing they had reopened that very minute.

i got lucky. Glastonbury and Neigbourhood Weekender. So now we wait! 

Snap

Apart from the Asda bit, I was on here and saw the posts!

• Upvote 1

55 minutes ago, Beerqueen said:

Any idea when WaterAid will notify people? And will they only get in touch with successful applicants or unsuccessful as well? 

Normally it's late March if you have been successful - they ask people to confirm, fill the spots from any withdrawals and then notify the remaining unsuccessful. I was notified last year on 6 April that I was unsuccessful, but then about two weeks later had an email offering me a place. 

Just now, sirjonnyp said:

Normally it's late March if you have been successful - they ask people to confirm, fill the spots from any withdrawals and then notify the remaining unsuccessful. I was notified last year on 6 April that I was unsuccessful, but then about two weeks later had an email offering me a place. 

Thanks. How did you like the work and the experience as a whole?

1 hour ago, Beerqueen said:

Thanks. How did you like the work and the experience as a whole?

I really enjoyed the work itself, my mate and I had an absolute hoot logging the different types of deposits that we found on our toilets :D I had a few issues with the organisation of it (did you notice how there was no hand sanitiser* for the toilets site-wide for 48 hours?!) and the pre-festival training that I've logged earlier in this thread and in last year's thread, but the further I get down the line the more I look back on it with rose-tinted glasses.

WA is a truly worthy organisation and there are a lot of perks that come with the job. I would happily do it again every year but I live on the other side of the world now so wouldn't be able to do it again due to not being able to attend training. I'm in the fortunate position that I have punter ticket this year though. We shared a base with @JayPee , he's also got very positive things to say about the role and I know has applied again this year.

* I would hope that WA/the festival have stocked in advance this year given the current situation.

9 hours ago, guypjfreak said:

All be camping in the garden listening to a locked in BBC radio station doing shit loads of pills that you'd got for your mates.. 

And it'll be lovely and sunny lol

Chin up old sons gardenbury be great 

That’s proper contingency planning right there! 

12 hours ago, Beerqueen said:

Any idea when WaterAid will notify people? And will they only get in touch with successful applicants or unsuccessful as well? 

Their latest Facebook post said end of April. I've no idea about whether they will contact you if you haven't been successful. 

52 minutes ago, Charm said:

Got this response from the Green Crafts people, really hoping I get this. 
Charm x

Hi Charmaine, realistically, we will get back to everybody by the end of march....hopefully around 23rd march....Regards Nic

I'm keeping absolutely everything crossed for you - any idea where the camping is, I presume there is a small site actually in the Green crafts area :-).

10 minutes ago, Funkyfairy! said:

I'm keeping absolutely everything crossed for you - any idea where the camping is, I presume there is a small site actually in the Green crafts area :-).

Thanks lovely. They camp in the Dragon Field next to the Craft Village and you can drive into the site to drop your stuff off. Can also turn up from the Sunday, which would be brilliant.  
Charm x