Volunteering 2020

DJL

image.png.d0f152ec1702fdeab14d9e091b15c0b0.png

"We look forward to studying your applications and selecting the lucky candidates."

So if it's wasn't a fastest-to-apply type of application, as they read the applications and then select, why would they close the applications? Adds fuel to the fire that they never even opened for applications today.

• Upvote 2

I am now at the stage of assuming I’m not going, so I can only be suprised not disappointed at the time.

I’ve had a good run of 10 years and some people struggle to go once so I can’t complain. 

I’ve got Noisily, Ibiza and Houghton locked in for summer so I’ll survive. Can’t imagine being at home when it’s on though ☹️

4 minutes ago, 4519dennis said:

Got both Glastonbury and Boomtown 

Glasto and Kendal for me. 

I assume the deposit comes back pretty quick if we're not accepted? I've not got any special experience in my profile (though over 10 years of being an actual reliable employee) so I'm not too confident of actually getting accepted. But could do with the money back soon if so

Talked myself into going to Kendal regardless of being accepted for this though, lineup is really good for me

Phew! I didn't give up when it crashed, saw the Twitter message and still didn't give up and got the application for Glastonbury and Boomtown completed by 11.05am. So fingers crossed all will be well with it! Congrats to everyone else who got to apply!

• Upvote 2

Ok after my I’m not going / I’ve given up post earlier, I’ve applied for Glasto and Sundown. If I’m accepted that takes me to 4 festivals this summer with my 40th birthday at Noisily 😀

• Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, Steffie1986 said:

I’ve given up. The only other fest we could do was Run Fest due to childcare/location and for some reason that isn’t ab acceptable second one. 

Thats shite because there was no mention of that on the application page. I wanted RF too due to least time off work commitments.

11 minutes ago, Gilb said:

Thats shite because there was no mention of that on the application page. I wanted RF too due to least time off work commitments.

Yeah it is a bit. If we’d known in advance we could have potentially looked at other options but all the advance info said was that it couldn’t be BST or APE one day events.