Volunteering 2020

DJL

3 hours ago, blue6field said:

Finally uploaded my campaigner video, got my 500 words away, chose my second festival , booked training ...

quite stressful trying to marry it all together, finally all green ticks on my profile, fingers crossed

Good luck!  I decided in the end not to apply - I didn't have any bright ideas for a video and lacked time to give it a decent go, and I wasn't 100% sure about being able to/wanting to do a second festival.  And then I was offered Poo Crew so decided to go for that instead.

• Upvote 1

On 2/20/2020 at 11:25 AM, glasto-worker said:

with it being the 50th anniversary volunteer places will go fast so get your name down pronto.

Yeah, they were there last year and have sent an email saying they're expecting places this year so I've registered my interest, so fingers crossed.

Edited by MrHew

On 2/21/2020 at 12:32 PM, crazyfool1 said:

I had closed the oxfam steward alert group to new entrants but if anyone has been involved in that cockup with shelter and wants adding let me know ... 

Hi. I didn’t miss out on shelter but got my place very late at oxfam last year after months of obsessive page resfresjing at multiple and random times every day. If you do decide to open your alert group i would love to be added. But no worries if not. I’ll post on the forum if I do ever come across spaces. X

35 minutes ago, Lisanextdoor said:

Hi. I didn’t miss out on shelter but got my place very late at oxfam last year after months of obsessive page resfresjing at multiple and random times every day. If you do decide to open your alert group i would love to be added. But no worries if not. I’ll post on the forum if I do ever come across spaces. X

Need to clarify that I finally got my space after browsing efestivals and somebody posted that there were oxfam spaces up. 

19 minutes ago, Lisanextdoor said:

Need to clarify that I finally got my space after browsing efestivals and somebody posted that there were oxfam spaces up. 

Just out of interest ... I presume you were exempt from completing all of  the profile part at that stage ? Pm me details ... I’ve another to add first but think there will just about be room ... really ought to get myself sorted first too :) 

2 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

Just out of interest ... I presume you were exempt from completing all of  the profile part at that stage ? Pm me details ... I’ve another to add first but think there will just about be room ... really ought to get myself sorted first too :) 

When I got an Oxfam place the Friday before the festival last year I still had to get all the green ticks in my profile.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Pipine said:

When I got an Oxfam place the Friday before the festival last year I still had to get all the green ticks in my profile.

Same here, I got my Oxfam spot the Sunday before and someone from oxfam called Paul Eynstone helped me complete the form and get the green ticks on the Sunday night 👍

• Upvote 1

On 2/22/2020 at 2:14 PM, MrHew said:

Yeah, they were there last year and have sent an email saying they're expecting places this year so I've registered my interest, so fingers crossed.

Interesting to see where the crew site will be this year.

## As far as I know there was no Groups barred in 2019 so if they were at 2019 then they will be asked to bid for places for 2020 but best to double check##

Edited by glasto-worker

7 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

Thank you. I had to complete the profile and get a reference by email but t think they confirmed the details and sent info anyway. I got sent a training video to watch but didn’t have to attend training or complete a live online thing. It seems like quite a few places came up in the week before the festival. So there is always hope. I’ll send my details if I can work our how to send a pm. 

3 minutes ago, Cole89 said:

Where do you go to request your volunteers deposit back on Oxfam?

To cancel, please email us with 'CANCEL' as the subject heading to festivals@oxfam.org.uk with your details, the festival(s) you wish to cancel and the reason.

You will get a reply within 2 working days confirming that your cancellation has been processed. If you do not receive this confirmation, you should phone us on 0300 200 1266 (Monday to Friday 9am – 5pm) to confirm that your cancellation has been completed.

24 minutes ago, Stave_1974 said:

To cancel, please email us with 'CANCEL' as the subject heading to festivals@oxfam.org.uk with your details, the festival(s) you wish to cancel and the reason.

You will get a reply within 2 working days confirming that your cancellation has been processed. If you do not receive this confirmation, you should phone us on 0300 200 1266 (Monday to Friday 9am – 5pm) to confirm that your cancellation has been completed.

Thank you :)

hi all!

Poo Crew got back to me but I'm not sure I like the sound of the shifts. Has anyone volunteered with them before?

There will be cleaning shifts every day of 7 hours each (plus 1 hour unpaid for a food break). There are both paid and unpaid roles, if you take an unpaid role, you will not have to work on the Monday and also get one day off during the festival. Of course, it's a festival and we want you to enjoy yourselves so I always ask people who they want to work with and if there are bands they want to see, I can't promise anything but most of the time I can accommodate everyone.

On 2/21/2020 at 10:04 AM, Amy12312 said:

I just received an email from Shelter explaining they oversubscribed by 157 people. To make it fair they went off of the first transaction on the payment system. Completely understand it's not their fault but still gutted! 

Well done everyone who secured a place! Fingers crossed for the wait list x

I'm assuming there's a waiting list in case people drop out?

40 minutes ago, TenTonneBadger said:

I'm assuming there's a waiting list in case people drop out?

35 minutes ago, Amy12312 said:

Yes, I'm on the wait list however not holding out much hope! 

although this was some years ago {when there was not a balls up over recruitment} but the 2 people I know who were called up who were on the wait list ' got called up very close to the event in June '

so while it may look that the wait list is called up in April {this year the deadline is 31 March 2020} they may have others who pull out much closer to the event.

They were not even 1st and 2nd on the list - Shelter had called up others but they were moved to Voice mail so they wanted to speak direct to the person as ' they had to confirm they could make it straight away '

so try not to have your phone on Voice mail.

• Like 1

On 2/21/2020 at 10:04 AM, Amy12312 said:

I just received an email from Shelter explaining they oversubscribed by 157 people. To make it fair they went off of the first transaction on the payment system. Completely understand it's not their fault but still gutted! 

Well done everyone who secured a place! Fingers crossed for the wait list x

Thanks Amy I asked how the wait list works they go off whoever replied first asking to be on the waitlist 🙄I replied the next day great! Oxfam isn’t giving me much hope either I feel like no one will drop out this year 

6 minutes ago, Kats1891 said:

Thanks Amy I asked how the wait list works they go off whoever replied first asking to be on the waitlist 🙄I replied the next day great! Oxfam isn’t giving me much hope either I feel like no one will drop out this year 

Should probably add reason for replying later was that I thought perhaps I got sent that original email I posted in error so was waiting on their response so if you replied pretty quickly to be on the waitlist chances are your be on the priority for it x

Had an email from Shelter confirming my slot! Now need to decide between that and Poo Crew.  Advantages and disadvantages to both so it's a dilemma. Poo crew seem a nice bunch on fb but well it's toilets. More hours but guaranteed day off during festival. And can drive there with booze. Shelter harder work unknown days and have to get the bus - what about booze? Hmm. 

Edited by Beerqueen
  • Like 1