Volunteering 2020

DJL

You must be prepared to work daily 12-hour night or day shifts starting on Tuesday 23rd June, working every day until Monday 29th June. This will still give you time to swap your traffic hi-vis for glitter and sequins.

I don't think this one is the one for most people here.

No where near enough time for glitter and sequins.

And sleep.

Received following confirmation from Shelter 20 mins ago..... see you all on the farm!

Hi, 

Please take this email as a confirmation you have a Glastonbury Volunteering place with Shelter this year, Congratulations!

We are aware the website crashed and some people weren’t able to complete the whole form after payment. If we need any more information from you, we’ll be in touch.

If you no longer wish to volunteer with us, you have until 31 March to get a full refund. Please let us know as soon as you decide to do this.

Have another read of the volunteer guidelines to familiarise yourself with the role and what’s expected.

Great to have you on the team! 

Do let us know if there is anything else we can help with. 

Best, 

Lucy 

Head Office | 3rd Floor | 88 Old Street | London | EC1V 9HU

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

15 hours ago, Kats1891 said:

Oh I feel your pain it’s horrible isn’t it did you apply dead on ten too? Oxfam has sold out too I’m waiting on wateraid now to get back to me. Thing is I much preferred volunteering it then going as a punter which is the saddest thing 😭😂don’t even want an actual ticket just to work it is so much more fun 

I just received an email from Shelter explaining they oversubscribed by 157 people. To make it fair they went off of the first transaction on the payment system. Completely understand it's not their fault but still gutted! 

Well done everyone who secured a place! Fingers crossed for the wait list x

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Amy12312 said:

I just received an email from Shelter explaining they oversubscribed by 157 people. To make it fair they went off of the first transaction on the payment system. Completely understand it's not their fault but still gutted! 

Well done everyone who secured a place! Fingers crossed for the wait list x

That sucks, sorry to hear that.  

Yeah, I was following this thread  yesterday, and frantically checking my inbox/spam folder to make sure I wasn't one of the unfortunate ones. 

Deeply gutted for those that missed out, especially after seemingly getting in. I get that they are a charity, they have limited resources, and spending on IT probably isn't top of their priority list, but nevertheless, if they get what Glastonbury means to people - which they should I think - they should make it their mission to prioritise the 157. Seems a big number for a waiting list though.

Fingers crossed  for you all. Hoping to share a shift  or  two with you.

Just checked my junk email fearing the worst and I’ve got the Glastonbury 2020- Confirmation email!

Relieved is not the word! I’d put off telling any of my friends until now because I was waiting for something to go wrong.

I’m so gutted for everyone who didn’t get a spot, I think wateraid applications are still live and they take quite a lot of staff? 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, DeadAmos said:

Does anyone know how many volunteers Shelter take to Glastonbury ?

1 hour ago, stuie said:

I think I read 600?

58 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

sounds about right.

there was about 40 of us assigned to each bar last year and i think they have 14 bars.

Shelter claim there is 400 although I believe ' sometimes ' Avalon will use Agency staff and other people { not part of the Shelter Contract } which may trick you into thinking they are all Shelter when some are not.

shelter44.thumb.jpg.5aca175b3ef33d5229c9367b8935763d.jpg

36 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

I had closed the oxfam steward alert group to new entrants but if anyone has been involved in that cockup with shelter and wants adding let me know ... 

Is this the Whatsapp group people have been talking about? I've got an application in for Campaigning, but in the likely event that is unsuccessful, I'd love to be added 🥰

I haven't heard anything from Shelter regarding them withdrawing my space as they thought I wasn't pre-registered.  But I've got my Poo Crew space confirmed and they say they will invoice me in March to pay my deposit so all's well(ish).  I don't know for sure that I would have chosen Shelter over Poo Crew as although bar work is more sociable etc I do think there's a danger of being rotaed every day of the festival whereas Poo Crew guarantee a day off over Fri-Sun.  As I say, I don't know which I'd've chosen but I wish I knew whether I had the choice to make!

10 minutes ago, Beerqueen said:

I haven't heard anything from Shelter regarding them withdrawing my space as they thought I wasn't pre-registered.  But I've got my Poo Crew space confirmed and they say they will invoice me in March to pay my deposit so all's well(ish).  I don't know for sure that I would have chosen Shelter over Poo Crew as although bar work is more sociable etc I do think there's a danger of being rotaed every day of the festival whereas Poo Crew guarantee a day off over Fri-Sun.  As I say, I don't know which I'd've chosen but I wish I knew whether I had the choice to make!

I imagine Shelter are currently dealing with emails from 157 majorly pissed off people right now!

I'd give them another email if I was you.

28 minutes ago, Beerqueen said:

What are the shifts like for Poo Crew?

3 hours ago, Sweet_pea said:

What are the shifts like for Poo Crew?

You arrive Tuesday, work 7 hours Weds, Thursday and two of Friday-Sunday I think.  But to be honest, I'm going on holiday tomorrow so have been really busy this week so need to read it all up more thoroughly.

The main thing is one guaranteed day off over the weekend of the main festival AND she says she will take into account which day you'd prefer.