Volunteering 2020

DJL

I hadn't seen Kats' post - mine was slightly different as they said I"We did not have this email address on our records and this email is only for people who have registered their interest with us." but they did say to contact them if I had indeed registered so there's still a little hope for me.  And of course I've been offered Poo Crews which is confirmed if I want it.  So not as badly off as @Kats1891 and others.  What an awful situation.

13 minutes ago, Amy12312 said:

Gutted :( 

A35AED58-077C-4D70-9CAD-15A4216BE51E.png

Oh I feel your pain it’s horrible isn’t it did you apply dead on ten too? Oxfam has sold out too I’m waiting on wateraid now to get back to me. Thing is I much preferred volunteering it then going as a punter which is the saddest thing 😭😂don’t even want an actual ticket just to work it is so much more fun 

25 minutes ago, Beerqueen said:

Shit, shit, shit - possibly literally as I may only have that instead of bar work!

Shelter have emailed me to say I wasn't registered!  I have emailed back to say I was and forwarded the email they have previously sent me to prove it so fingers crossed it will be sorted!  I think it's because some years ago, gmail was known as googlemail and I registered originally using myemailaddres@googlemail.com but today entered myemailaddress@gmail.com.  

I'm waiting to hear from them now.

Fingers crossed for you 🤞🏽

1 hour ago, MrZigster said:

A right pita that was. 'specially if you'd done it all before. Nothing new at all (though I did learn that Gate C shuts silly early on Tuesday. Never knew that).

Got there only to notice it was being filmed/livestreamed somewhere, so could surely have all been done from home somehow.

Best part of a day off and £30 I could have saved.

Everything seemed really late last year. Didn't we have to wait for March last time?

yes I know how you feel - it also happens with the WBC # Although Last Year  it was only Group Organisers they asked # led by someone with 15 years less experience than myself but it is held in their Pub and I knew there would be a few free drinks in it !!! - so I went along - walked in and the deputy chairman was puzzled that I was asked to attend - He burst out laughing when I said ' As you know deputy chairman I always follow orders '

Second time in a week I thought I was there. Thought I would be able to campaign with Oxfam but couldn't organise cover for the kids so I could do a second festival. I currently have two deposits with two charities on my credit card and zero places at the festival! 

Wateraid application pending, don't think i can do fest staff (2 festivals), going to go for poo crew and ask to be added to the resale spreadsheet (I would rather volunteer!). Don't think I'm missing anything?

2 minutes ago, DJL said:

Second time in a week I thought I was there. Thought I would be able to campaign with Oxfam but couldn't organise cover for the kids so I could do a second festival. I currently have two deposits with two charities on my credit card and zero places at the festival! 

Wateraid application pending, don't think i can do fest staff (2 festivals), going to go for poo crew and ask to be added to the resale spreadsheet (I would rather volunteer!). Don't think I'm missing anything?

Greencrafts looking for stewards - look up The Greencrafts Village of facebook and details are there, applciations close 27 Feb and isn't first come first served. Not a standard 'way in' but a possible way in

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, DJL said:

Apply for Poo Crew - I was initially told they were full but was offered a space just a day later!  

• Upvote 1

Hi everyone, long time lurker first time poster. 

I *think* I got a place with Shelter - they've taken the money and I've had no further emails but now feel nervous based on others' experience today! Am I better not to count chickens just yet? Glastonbury no.8 feels so close, and yet so far 😔

12 minutes ago, Funkyfairy! said:

Greencrafts looking for stewards - look up The Greencrafts Village of facebook and details are there, applciations close 27 Feb and isn't first come first served. Not a standard 'way in' but a possible way in

Ooh thank you, will do!

1 hour ago, Kats1891 said:

Oh I feel your pain it’s horrible isn’t it did you apply dead on ten too? Oxfam has sold out too I’m waiting on wateraid now to get back to me. Thing is I much preferred volunteering it then going as a punter which is the saddest thing 😭😂don’t even want an actual ticket just to work it is so much more fun 

Yep :( literally applied and paid all by 10:04. I've just applied for Poo Crew but I'm not holding out hope

Edited by Amy12312

4 minutes ago, Amy12312 said:

Yep :( literally applied and paid all by 10:04. I've just applied for Poo Crew but I'm not holding out hope

How did you apply for poo crew what’s the link? Anything will do at this rate haha I think I messed up didn’t realise we had to tick that little tiny circle next to £300 how annoying! 

29 minutes ago, Amy12312 said:

How long ago did you apply? The application seemed really straight forward for Poo Crew!

I think it was only last week but to be honest I can't remember!  The email from them saying they were full was on 18 Feb and the one saying someone had dropped out was on 19th.  The first said "All spots have currently been filled, however, there are always a few drop outs so there is still a chance that you may make it.  I have put you in date order of application to be fair and I will email you again if you make it to the confirmed list."  They seem very efficient at replying promptly too.

6 hours ago, marathonsteve said:

If they have taken you money and confirmed it in writing . Isn't that called a contact.

...but what can they do if the festival only give them so many spaces? Put us as top of the waiting list for spaces... and give us priority for next year?