Volunteering 2020

DJL

2 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

I think you can mark yourself as a very exceptionally strong rumour ..... nah ... you are in ... congrats 

Thanks - don't want to presume but I have found it very hard to concentrate for the rest of the day and I'm still waiting for email confirmation. Shouldn't have used work email as it is has very efficient spam filter.

11 minutes ago, 4519dennis said:

Thanks - don't want to presume but I have found it very hard to concentrate for the rest of the day and I'm still waiting for email confirmation. Shouldn't have used work email as it is has very efficient spam filter.

Hi, Dennis,

Thank you for placing your deposit to volunteer with Shelter at Glastonbury 2020. We will be in touch shortly with more information, about what will happen in the lead up to the festival and whilst you're there.

Talia & Lucy
Shelter Events team

Oh happy days - email retrieved from Spam

vintagelaureate - you can remove me from resale spreadsheet but keep other members of group on. Many thanks

29 minutes ago, 4519dennis said:

Hi, Dennis,

Thank you for placing your deposit to volunteer with Shelter at Glastonbury 2020. We will be in touch shortly with more information, about what will happen in the lead up to the festival and whilst you're there.

Talia & Lucy
Shelter Events team

vintagelaureate - you can remove me from resale spreadsheet but keep other members of group on. Many thanks

Yay! I also contacted Shelter & they confirmed my place! I had missed off the .uk from the end of my email... I was rushing typing on my phone so must have just clicked off it by accident. Feel relieved to have confirmation now as also not been able to concentrate on anything all day! 

1 hour ago, gooner1990 said:

All training last year was held in London, and you had to go there no matter where in the country you lived.

Some were held at at Shelter offices, some were held in Brixton.

A right pita that was. 'specially if you'd done it all before. Nothing new at all (though I did learn that Gate C shuts silly early on Tuesday. Never knew that).

Got there only to notice it was being filmed/livestreamed somewhere, so could surely have all been done from home somehow.

Best part of a day off and £30 I could have saved.

1 hour ago, gooner1990 said:

first big email was 24th April 2019 then the final info was sent out 17th June 2019.

Everything seemed really late last year. Didn't we have to wait for March last time?

Edited by MrZigster

30 minutes ago, Charm said:

You know it, see you on the farm. 
Charm x

Apparently tickets are sent to lead booker, so when we are successful we can use secure delivery to cross that hurdle.

@4519dennis so keep the other names on? Can I add a solo to them if there is one?

13 minutes ago, vintagelaureate said:

Apparently tickets are sent to lead booker, so when we are successful we can use secure delivery to cross that hurdle.

@4519dennis so keep the other names on? Can I add a solo to them if there is one?

I sent a fellow efester a CV pass last time, used Royal Mail signed for, took a photo of it before just to be safe, seemed to work well. Will be pretty scary to send actual tickets though, Royal Mail can be useless. 
Charm x

1 minute ago, Charm said:

I sent a fellow efester a CV pass last time, used Royal Mail signed for, took a photo of it before just to be safe, seemed to work well. Will be pretty scary to send actual tickets though, Royal Mail can be useless. 
Charm x

We shall cross that bridge when we come to it but there are other options - couriers, meet up near site, carrier pigeons, etc.

9 minutes ago, Charm said:

Charm x

Please please please everyone remember that unless something changes this year, tickets are not barcoded / scanned in, and so can't be cancelled - which also means they don't get reissued if lost except under pretty exceptional circumstances.

If you do need to get a ticket from person A to person B, then consider the options carefully.

Edited by incident

1 hour ago, 4519dennis said:

Hi, Dennis,

Talia & Lucy
Shelter Events team

Hi Dennis I got that same email but just had an email in my junk folder saying my place has not been reserved looks like a blanket email to quite a few people did you get this?

9 minutes ago, Funkyfairy! said:

Why would it not now be reserved after it already had been ? Did they give a reason ?

Nope looks like a  blanket email to many says this see screengrabs. Honestly gutted as you'll see i did it at 10:01 i would say and then got email confirmation saying I am a volunteer at 10:01 and then cancelled at 4pm no idea. Anyone else had this?

Glasto Cancel.PNG

confirmation.PNG

24 minutes ago, incident said:

Please please please everyone remember that unless something changes this year, tickets are not barcoded / scanned in, and so can't be cancelled - which also means they don't get reissued if lost except under pretty exceptional circumstances.

If you do need to get a ticket from person A to person B, then consider the options carefully.

I've got to get one first! 

But it may indeed be the best option is meeting close to the site to avoid the stress!

5 minutes ago, Kats1891 said:

Nope looks like a  blanket email to many says this see screengrabs. Honestly gutted as you'll see i did it at 10:01 i would say and then got email confirmation saying I am a volunteer at 10:01 and then cancelled at 4pm no idea. Anyone else had this?

Glasto Cancel.PNG

confirmation.PNG

So sorry for you and everyone else , this sucks big time :(

6 minutes ago, Kats1891 said:

Glasto Cancel.PNG

confirmation.PNG

That's horrible @Kats1891

Wishing you luck to get to the farm.

It seems that Shelter don't have a good technical set up.   Their website let me apply the other day even though I wasn't on priority and they then though someone shared the link with me.  They didn't - I just went to the public pages and applied.

I get that they don't have a massive budget though.

@Kats1891 so sorry to see that happen to you. I know this won't make it any easier (I'd definitely email them and ask for some kind of priority should any spaces become available) but if you want to join the resale spreadsheet there is space in a few groups to boost your numbers?

• Like 1

Shit, shit, shit - possibly literally as I may only have that instead of bar work!

Shelter have emailed me to say I wasn't registered!  I have emailed back to say I was and forwarded the email they have previously sent me to prove it so fingers crossed it will be sorted!  I think it's because some years ago, gmail was known as googlemail and I registered originally using myemailaddres@googlemail.com but today entered myemailaddress@gmail.com.  

I'm waiting to hear from them now.

40 minutes ago, Kats1891 said:

Glasto Cancel.PNG

confirmation.PNG

7 minutes ago, Beerqueen said:

Shit, shit, shit - possibly literally as I may only have that instead of bar work!

Shelter have emailed me to say I wasn't registered!  I have emailed back to say I was and forwarded the email they have previously sent me to prove it so fingers crossed it will be sorted!  I think it's because some years ago, gmail was known as googlemail and I registered originally using myemailaddres@googlemail.com but today entered myemailaddress@gmail.com.  

I'm waiting to hear from them now.

Good luck to the two of you { and anyone else who had the same problem }

I know people in the past who were on the Shelter/Avalon wait list and very near the event ' they were called up and offered places ' - came right out the blue # so don't give up #