Volunteering 2020

DJL

41 minutes ago, Pipine said:

Someone else who had the green tick on payment spoke with them and they said that isn't enough for confirmation.. so I guess I was too slow and places went while I was getting payment details in.  

I'll be ready next time! Well done to all that got places today, sounds like quite a few were relased.

Worth checking with your bank? If the payment goes through youre usually OK. I had six similar 404 errors last year and no confirmation email, but it turned out that I did indeed have a place (small issue of six lots of deposit taken, but that got resolved quickly). 

1 minute ago, hurdy said:

Worth checking with your bank? If the payment goes through youre usually OK. I had six similar 404 errors last year and no confirmation email, but it turned out that I did indeed have a place (small issue of six lots of deposit taken, but that got resolved quickly). 

I've emailed Oxfam and I'm watching my bank! Fingers crossed!

Just now, crazyfool1 said:

so did anyone thats on the spreadsheet get lucky ? I want to see that green spreading like corona virus .....( btw just an anology )  :) 

Assuming we get through the campaigner application I’ll be bailing out of the resale I reckon

2 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Id love to see some of the video uploads :) .... some creativity necessary id imagine ...

I sell at a boardroom level for a living, might have to adjust my style a tad

1 minute ago, SunnyDays10 said:

I got very lucky with Oxfam - Campaigner - 👍👌🙏🤞 would love to chat to someone who’s been successful with Oxfam Campaigning application about their video they made -  anyone? 

If you are on Facebook join this group and ask on there.  https://www.facebook.com/groups/oxfamfestivalsteam/  :)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

if anyone local was applying for a campaigner role I know of a great place to shoot the video .... just look out for marauding cattle ...

Wow - I happen to be in a developing world/global south/3rd world country atm - so should I shoot video

a) next to a corrugated shack? 😲

b) next to the rising Pacific ocean?

c) next to a grocery isle full of SPAM

???

how long is the video?

1 minute ago, SunnyDays10 said:

Wow - I happen to be in a developing world/global south/3rd world country atm - so should I shoot video

a) next to a corrugated shack? 😲

b) next to the rising Pacific ocean?

c) next to a grocery isle full of SPAM

???

how long is the video?

think it was 2minutes ... of those visually id choose the corrugated shack .... unless you can do some kind of time-lapse shooting involving the tide and the ocean .. thinking about it id go for the first one as the second is really relating to oxfam so much ... discount c I would say 

42 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

think it was 2minutes ... of those visually id choose the corrugated shack .... unless you can do some kind of time-lapse shooting involving the tide and the ocean .. thinking about it id go for the first one as the second is really relating to oxfam so much ... discount c I would say 

Go for correlated shack? Or Pacific ? You said go for shack as rising sea levels related so much to Oxfam?  Sadly, I can do any number of shacks  😞 

Any other ideas? I’m currently on a remote tropical island 🌴 in Oceania.

3 minutes ago, SunnyDays10 said:

Go for correlated shack? Or Pacific ? You said go for shack as rising sea levels related so much to Oxfam?  Sadly, I can do any number of shacks  😞 

Any other ideas? I’m currently on a remote tropical island 🌴 in Oceania.

worth having a look at things relating to current oxfam campaigns ... and where you are specifically ... and then look to see if there is any way of  linking it  with glastonbury maybe find something in the shape of a triangle / pyramid ? google should help on the campaign front 

13 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

worth having a look at things relating to current oxfam campaigns ... and where you are specifically ... and then look to see if there is any way of  linking it  with glastonbury maybe find something in the shape of a triangle / pyramid ? google should help on the campaign front 

Keep it coming...I live opposite a load of cows, I suspect cows might feature in mine, and mud, we’ve got lots of mud at the mo...

4 minutes ago, Flysheet said:

Keep it coming...I live opposite a load of cows, I suspect cows might feature in mine, and mud, we’ve got lots of mud at the mo...

Theres lots of info on the oxfam website about current campaigns .... one of them is relating to women's rights ... quite topical in terms of equality of performers at festivals at the moment ...  

Evening :) I was out and about visiting patients and missed all the fun with oxfam.  I hope those doing campaign videos get lucky.  @SunnyDays10 I'd go with option A for your video :)  @Pipine I've got my fingers crossed, you never know. Back to refreshing x100 a day for me.  If possible can I be added to the what's app, the more people from here checking the better? x

Edited by Jensescapade
addition
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Jensescapade said:

Evening :) I was out and about visiting patients and missed all the fun with oxfam.  I hope those doing campaign videos get lucky.  @SunnyDays10 I'd go with option A for your video :)  @Pipine I've got my fingers crossed, you never know. Back to refreshing x100 a day for me.  If possible can I be added to the what's app, the more people from here checking the better? x

pm me your details ill add you ... its an oxfam only one :)