Volunteering 2020

DJL

Just now, Ayrshire Chris said:

Onwards to the resale, we were incredibly lucky in Oct to get tickets so nearer the resale time let us have details how to help you all out. 

I will ... don’t worry ... and thanks Ac :) my plans seem to be dwindling now :( no doubt I’ll bounce back in a day or 2 ... but it’s tday 2 again :( at the moment 

4 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

I will ... don’t worry ... and thanks Ac :) my plans seem to be dwindling now :( no doubt I’ll bounce back in a day or 2 ... but it’s tday 2 again :( at the moment 

Never rule out the competitions CF! There were a load last year and I imagine there will be the same again this year!

Couple that with the army of people who are here to help Resalers and I reckon you’ve a good chance :) 

1 minute ago, DareToDibble said:

Never rule out the competitions CF! There were a load last year and I imagine there will be the same again this year!

Couple that with the army of people who are here to help Resalers and I reckon you’ve a good chance :) 

Cheers .... I’m not sure I can fit anymore cider in my 1 bed flat ... it’s an issue finding the laptop these days  ... sometimes I feel like I’m gonna be lucky 🍀 others not so much .... the mallet has knocked me down today but hopefully the mallets will pick me back up 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Are you registered with Wateraid and Festaff?  We'll get there, we have faith!!

19 minutes ago, Tr234 said:

What are options other than oxfam that havent already sold out?

There's a list here: https://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/information/jobs/

These include some paid roles

Out of curiosity I had a look at the Oasis carnival one that do some of the traffic management outside of the fence and it says there that "Tickets will be handed out at 4pm on Thursday if you have completed one shift, if you have not completed a shift by that time it will be handed to you at the end of your first shift, there will be NO exceptions to this rule" which seems pretty strict.

5 minutes ago, StoneCircle said:

I got one from home in rural Cornwall, our internet is not known for its speed! :D

Haha i was more referring to it quality and ISP.... its a big corporate line on the same network/provider as Seetickets and ive always managed to get through using it...   Hence me not getting a ticket in October because I didnt use it.... FML haha 

2 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

Never give up and give yourself the flexibility. If youre prepared to give over your Oxfam details I can also keep glued to the Oxfam spots as they become available again - draft in all the help with the minimal risk you feel comfortable with

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Funkyfairy! said:

Never give up and give yourself the flexibility. If youre prepared to give over your Oxfam details I can also keep glued to the Oxfam spots as they become available again - draft in all the help with the minimal risk you feel comfortable with

I have said the same via DM! I got places for 3 friends last year by doing this! :good:

32 minutes ago, waltere said:

Shelter/Avalon bar staff is upcoming at some point

yes it should be although they only require 400 volunteers and I reckon it will be a mad scramble

shifts may be { although these are 2019 details }

- 3 days x 8 hours or
- 4 days x 6 hours or
- 2 days x 8 hours plus 2 days x 4 hours

Training sessions have previously been held in London and Sheffield.

just glad I don't have to hunt for a place.

So sorry to see that lots did not make it today.