Volunteering 2020

DJL

1 minute ago, incident said:

All excellent advice, but just to add to that - if the website is taking ages - even literal minutes (it did last year, but didn't this year in priority) - it's far better to wait for it to finish rather than stopping and trying again.

Definitely - the website will be slow, I'd only refresh / start again if I got an error message.

I know this may have been covered in the last 32 pages but it will probably take me past 11:30 to find it!

Could anyone who's been before advise on the sort of shifts you're expected to complete? I know friends who've done 3 6-8 hour shifts spread out from say Wednesday to Monday at others, would this be similiar or would you be working at least some point every day?

Just now, AAlex said:

I know this may have been covered in the last 32 pages but it will probably take me past 11:30 to find it!

Could anyone who's been before advise on the sort of shifts you're expected to complete? I know friends who've done 3 6-8 hour shifts spread out from say Wednesday to Monday at others, would this be similiar or would you be working at least some point every day?

It has always been 3 8 hour shifts spread over three days of the festival

3 minutes ago, AAlex said:

page 29 gives an idea 

3 minutes ago, AAlex said:

C43CE83B-3471-4CBF-844E-B030C8DAFBAD.jpeg

1 minute ago, jfaragher said:

Indicative - as discussed above, your shifts may be completely unrelated to this, but you should bank on doing one morning, one evening and one overnight at some point Wed to Sun

Well my friends who have done it before said these are the shifts that always get given out... they had A last year.  So its a very good guide... if its not broke they wont fix it.