Volunteering 2020

DJL

34 minutes ago, Jcatley said:

I’m incredibly nervous about tomorrow 

24 minutes ago, SecretFish said:

Same

If you get lucky tomorrow why not do a second festival with Oxfam , not only are you raising money for a good cause but in 2021 you will have priority and no worries about getting tickets

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, DeadAmos said:

If you get lucky tomorrow why not do a second festival with Oxfam , not only are you raising money for a good cause but in 2021 you will have priority and no worries about getting tickets

I wanted to do this whilst volunteering last year. But only a set amount of annual leave each year combined with family abroad means that one festival is the maximum I can go...

plus, kind of keeps that thrill of ticket/application day alive

37 minutes ago, zico martin said:

Last question, what's the choice of roles and which ones best? ;)

Only stewarding tomorrow, on the 11th campaigners and shops open applications , campaigners have to submit a short video and pass a phone interview, for shops you have to of been working in an Oxfam shop for at least 3 months , have your manager give a reference and pass a phone interview

50 minutes ago, DeadAmos said:

I would more than likely do boardmasters depending on their lineup which is also released tomorrow morning

4 hours ago, Pinhead said:

Bearded is relatively small and easy to work and has a dependable line up. Also know the crew there well. Plus save a days leave due to Bank Holiday Monday after.

Sounds great. Personally, I am contracted to work so many Bank Holiday hours per year, so that could be a bit of a negative for me. I'd be expected to make the hours up elsewhere.

But what about my other two questions?

Others here have mentioned that Boomtown has been a total 'mare on occasions.

Did you get a G ticket? I'm sure I asked on T day but that was months ago :dontknow:.

10 hours ago, StoneCircle said:

I would be very grateful for a helping hand, happy to DM you via Messenger if that's okay? :girlwink:

@StoneCircle if there is anything I can do to help you please let me know.

I will forever be in your debt for pointing me towards that volunteering in in '11, which has, to date, now got me in four times.

Just give me instructions via our old DM thread here and I'll do my best (never encountered the Oxfam application process/website before, so a step by step idiot guide may be necessary).

Likewise@crazyfool1 . I'd like to be able to assist you as I think you deserve it as you make such an effort. As stated previously, I feel that other people get given freebie ins with way less effort on their costumes than you do.

You can trust me with card details (but then, if I was a criminal, I would say that wouldn't I. You'll have to make that call).

Best of luck to everyone.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

22 minutes ago, MrZigster said:

I will forever be in your debt for pointing me towards that volunteering in in '11, which has, to date, now got me in four times.

Just give me instructions via our old DM thread here and I'll do my best (never encountered the Oxfam application process/website before, so a step by step idiot guide may be necessary).

Likewise@crazyfool1 . I'd like to be able to assist you as I think you deserve it as you make such an effort. As stated previously, I feel that other people get given freebie ins with way less effort on their costumes than you do.

You can trust me with card details (but then, if I was a criminal, I would say that wouldn't I. You'll have to make that call).

Thats is so full of the Glastonbury Spirit

• Upvote 2

Hello

For anyone living in the south east wanting a second event but short on annual leave etc, it is very worth considering Trailwalker.  The start is near Petersfield and the finish is in Brighton, takes place Fri afternoon to Sunday 25/9 to 27/9.

A walking challenge event, not a festival, but really good atmosphere and the participants/teams are amazing.  Last year I had 2 x 8 hour shifts, started 2pm Friday and was finished and back home by 4 pm on the Saturday, but you won’t know your shifts till nearer the time.  If you live within a reasonable drive you wouldn’t even need to set up camp!

Shifts involve welcoming participants, helping them get registered, etc, and then during the event you are likely to be at one of the check-ins to support, cheer on and encourage weary runners.

Edit, this is for Oxfam where folk would like to get priority for next year.  Good luck to all hoping to secure slots today x

Edited by Debani
  • Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Superscally said:

That wasn't the case last year...

There are some variants. I was E, but did Monday am instead of Sunday night for example. Also, some on C,D,E will have their first shift moved to Wed AM as that's the busiest time.  And some vehicle gates have weird times. 

Good luck today everyone.

7 hours ago, MrZigster said:

Thanks for the kind words .... im ok , but thanks for the offer,  fate will seal my fate and ive got quite a lot of offers of help for the resale which is incredible .... plus ill be around online quite a bit .... the fortunate thing about my job ..... best of Luck to everyone today :) 

21 minutes ago, jfaragher said:

There are some variants. I was E, but did Monday am instead of Sunday night for example. Also, some on C,D,E will have their first shift moved to Wed AM as that's the busiest time.  And some vehicle gates have weird times. 

Good luck today everyone.

Mine must have been very weird then. Even with a Weds am move mine doesn't fit any of those and I wasn't on a vehicle gate...

1 minute ago, crazyfool1 said:

Thanks for the kind words .... im ok , but thanks for the offer,  fate will seal my fate and ive got quite a lot of offers of help for the resale which is incredible .... plus ill be around online quite a bit .... the fortunate thing about my job ..... best of Luck to everyone today :) 

OK dude. Have to say I'm a little bit worried for you if you are banking on a resale spot. You're way more likely to get in via volunteering IMO.

Let me know nearer the time if you need another soldier for your resale army.

52 minutes ago, Superscally said:

That wasn't the case last year...

I think it was from the year before... it looks like it may be the image I posted last year before the festival.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Winslow Leach said:

I just quickly set up a new account 

If you've previously (within the last 3 years) completed Training, contact them afterwards to get the records transferred over, otherwise the new account will mean you need to attend again.