Volunteering 2020

DJL

Today is quite a special day. My youngest daughter is about to have baby boy and when I get home from work I have Priority with Oxfam. Looking at Download, Glastonbury (I've not volunteered there since 2005) , Boomtown and Shambala. I will have to pay £285 deposit now which covers ALL those festivals and gurantees my camper van gets on site. In about October I get my deposit back because I'm very dependable. I could, of course add more but that would lead to divorce which is stressful and expensive. It's a great option folks and always worth consideration.

• Upvote 3

31 minutes ago, Martin Ashford said:

Today is quite a special day. My youngest daughter is about to have baby boy and when I get home from work I have Priority with Oxfam. Looking at Download, Glastonbury (I've not volunteered there since 2005) , Boomtown and Shambala. I will have to pay £285 deposit now which covers ALL those festivals and gurantees my camper van gets on site. In about October I get my deposit back because I'm very dependable.

Congrats on the grandkid, and glad to hear you'll be at Glastonbury as a volunteer - we'll definitely grab a drink on Mon / Tues

Just now, Pinhead said:

Wow - The Long Road sold out already....

To be expected really. It's got the smallest Oxfam presence by far (especially with no River Cottage this year).

I should say, I found that the site coped a lot, lot better than it did this time last year, I was able to get my 3 festivals added painlessly within a couple minutes. Last year I remember sitting there for ages waiting for pages to load.

Just now, incident said:

To be expected really. It's got the smallest Oxfam presence by far (especially with no River Cottage this year).

I should say, I found that the site coped a lot, lot better than it did this time last year, I was able to get my 3 festivals added painlessly within a couple minutes. Last year I remember sitting there for ages waiting for pages to load.

Last year, try to log in at 11, fail repeatedly to get through to payment and confirmation, finally get Glastonbury place at ~1400

This year, log in at 1330, place secured 1331.  

See you all at the farm

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Martin Ashford said:

My youngest daughter is about to have baby boy and when I get home from work I have Priority with Oxfam

3 minutes ago, incident said:

I was able to get my 3 festivals added painlessly within a couple minutes.

1 minute ago, jfaragher said:

This year, log in at 1330, place secured 1331.  

See you all at the farm

Congratulations all round, guys!

Super news.

1 minute ago, DeadAmos said:

Well thats my place confirmed at Glastonbury , hope to see you all in a field soon

Brilliant! Well done.

Hoping that it doesn't fill on priority though :-)

15 minutes ago, incident said:

Don't know whether to pick two for Priority or not next year - did a count and looks like I'll have done >10 in the last 10 years in 2021 with Bearded in the bag now for this year:

2011 - Glasto,

2014 - Bearded,

2015 - Bearded and B-Days,

2016 - Bearded and Shambala,

2017 - Bearded and Boomtown,

2018 - Bearded,

2019 - Bearded,

2020 - Just signed up to Bearded again!

They don't forget all these on their database do they or something....?

Edited by Pinhead

7 minutes ago, Pinhead said:

Wow - Bearded has gone off the list already...!

Are you sure that it's not that it's hidden because you're signed up to it?

I can't see it or the other 2 I signed up for but that's normal.

Although, I can't see The Long Road either, which I didn't sign up for.

4 minutes ago, Pinhead said:

17 minutes ago, Pinhead said:

Don't know whether to pick two for Priority or not next year - did a count and looks like I'll have done >10 in the last 10 years in 2021 with Bearded in the bag now for this year:

2011 - Glasto,

2014 - Bearded,

2015 - Bearded and B-Days,

2016 - Bearded and Shambala,

2017 - Bearded and Boomtown,

2018 - Bearded,

2019 - Bearded,

2020 - Just signed up to Bearded again!

They don't forget all these on their database do they or something....?

No, they don't forget them. I was trying to get accepted as priority under the 10 from 10 rule. They had all mine done from 2012. I was hoping they would take into to consideration a couple of extra shifts I'd done at Tramlines due to no-shows but unfortunately not so I'll be on tenterhooks till next week.

3 minutes ago, stutheblue said:

No, they don't forget them. I was trying to get accepted as priority under the 10 from 10 rule. They had all mine done from 2012. I was hoping they would take into to consideration a couple of extra shifts I'd done at Tramlines due to no-shows but unfortunately not so I'll be on tenterhooks till next week.

I might mail them when the rush has died down just to confirm their records match mine, just in case I find I have to sign up to another before they are all gone!

9 minutes ago, Havors said:

My friend managed to get Bearded and Long Road.

Really hope there is a good amount of places left for Glasto next week! 

Keeping everything crossed!

We'll just have to wait and see.   Would be good to know though but they keep it secret, just like the number of GA tickets available in the resale!

5 minutes ago, stuie said:

Keeping everything crossed!

We'll just have to wait and see.   Would be good to know though but they keep it secret, just like the number of GA tickets available in the resale!

Well I believe there is like 2000 places ish over all?? Think i read that somewhere but I could be imagining things.... I would hazard a guess they open at least half those positions for priority?