Volunteering 2020

DJL

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, MrZigster said:

Noticed this in the Shelter thread. Thought it would be appreciated here:

https://england.shelter.org.uk/support_us/events/volunteer_at_glastonbury

Isn't this really early for them, or is it me?

It's really, really early for them - in the past they've typically been amongst the last to recruit. Though I suppose they still could be, as it doesn't indicate when applications will actually open.

Just now, incident said:

It's really, really early for them - in the past they've typically been amongst the last to recruit. Though I suppose they still could be, as it doesn't indicate when applications will actually open.

Yeah that's what I thought. Sure they don't usually post that page 'till well into the new year. They were well tardy last time, with the worst comms I've ever experienced from them (unanswered emails aplenty). Applications didn't open until well into March (possibly April).

Previously they'd been nothing but brilliant. They seem to have different people answering the emails each year so that may have something to do with it.

2 hours ago, MrZigster said:

Yeah that's what I thought. Sure they don't usually post that page 'till well into the new year. They were well tardy last time, with the worst comms I've ever experienced from them (unanswered emails aplenty). Applications didn't open until well into March (possibly April).

Previously they'd been nothing but brilliant. They seem to have different people answering the emails each year so that may have something to do with it.

Yes its well early for them

8 hours ago, MrZigster said:

Noticed this in the Shelter thread. Thought it would be appreciated here:

https://england.shelter.org.uk/support_us/events/volunteer_at_glastonbury

Isn't this really early for them, or is it me?

That page has been up for a couple of months. I filled in the form some time ago, before the ticket sale.

12 hours ago, incident said:

12 hours ago, MrZigster said:

although its early - ## from their side it makes sense ## as they are collecting details on their server and when they are ready just contacting everyone.

so that page may have been changed in July just showing the 2020 dates.

The delay last year I suspect may have been on the direction of Avalon as at the time it was not clear if the Co-op was going to be allowed to sell alcohol as that could have impacted a lot of bars and could have affected how many recruits they required.

I know its frustrating but you never know ' they may be better at communication next year '

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Madyaker said:

^^ I was going to post that. It’s for the full length of the build and the cleanup after so you’d be there for weeks. Might not be suitable for some. 

Also, it's a proper paid job, not volunteering - you'll be working full time during the festival as well, potentially with some antisocial hours.