Volunteering 2020

DJL

On 10/20/2019 at 8:23 AM, glasto-worker said:

but how many were genuine crew bars with a cheap bar ? as many do appear to be charging the same { or close to the same } as Public bars. 

Staff in The Green Room (T&C crew bar) claimed they had the cheapest crew drinks on site which I think were £3.50 a pint this year. Maceo's (Bloc9) crew bar was cheaper than public bars but not as cheap as The Green Room, £4.50 springs to mind but could be wrong as I tended to be a bit squiffy when I was in there.

1 hour ago, Johnnyseven said:

Staff in The Green Room (T&C crew bar) claimed they had the cheapest crew drinks on site which I think were £3.50 a pint this year. Maceo's (Bloc9) crew bar was cheaper than public bars but not as cheap as The Green Room, £4.50 springs to mind but could be wrong as I tended to be a bit squiffy when I was in there.

Yup Maceos was definitely one of the £4.50 ones. Tried to make it to the T&C bar but the gates were really strict about only T&C being allowed in to that area every time we tried. 

48 minutes ago, marathonsteve said:

Bring you own drinks It will be much cheaper  We only use the crew bars for the toilets and a respite

There are toilets in the rest of the festival you know. The ones I used in crew areas were not at all worth making a special trip for.

Edited by Johnnyseven

10 hours ago, sirjonnyp said:

Yup Maceos was definitely one of the £4.50 ones. Tried to make it to the T&C bar but the gates were really strict about only T&C being allowed in to that area every time we tried. 

They’re notoriously dickish about that, even before the gates open. I got in there for a pint on Tuesday this year, getting dragged in by eight people who did have t+c passes and I was the only one of the group who didn’t - the doorman fella was very unwilling but eventually relented. I mean come on man, it’s one pint on a Tuesday night! 

2 hours ago, balti-pie said:

They’re notoriously dickish about that, even before the gates open. I got in there for a pint on Tuesday this year, getting dragged in by eight people who did have t+c passes and I was the only one of the group who didn’t - the doorman fella was very unwilling but eventually relented. I mean come on man, it’s one pint on a Tuesday night! 

Yes- they wouldn't let us (recycling crew) in on the Tuesday night

2 hours ago, balti-pie said:

9 minutes ago, dondo said:

We just went in with EPO's on Tuesday... it's nothing special to be honest, wouldn't worry about not getting in!

5 minutes ago, dondo said:

Yep they are very strict on that, we were on a crew bar crawl on the tuesday and they wouldnt let us in however on the friday we were walking around the outside and managed to find another way in around the back and had a pint in there, it was very quiet (probably because they don't let anyone in) but when we walked out they were a bit funny with us not having the correct wristband on - really don't see the issue, it's not as if Emily or Michael were in there. 

7 minutes ago, SecretFish said:

so each crew/volunteer has it's own bar (main ones)?    sounds very cliquey 

They have their own bars as they are usually in their camping area but usually you are allowed in with a crew wristband, just the T and C bar seems to be different.

Maceos and Tow + Hitch are the best ones though and they are out within the festival. 

7 minutes ago, SecretFish said:

so each crew/volunteer has it's own bar (main ones)?    sounds very cliquey 

No - each area has it's own crew bar but they are open to all crew/volunteers.

With the exception of T&C and interstage area between Pyramid and Other.

Arcadia/Block 9/Unfairground/Shangri-La all open to anyone with a crew band.

1 minute ago, stuie said:

No - each area has it's own crew bar but they are open to all crew/volunteers.

With the exception of T&C and interstage area between Pyramid and Other.

Arcadia/Block 9/Unfairground/Shangri-La all open to anyone with a crew band.

ah makes sense. Thank you. 

12 hours ago, marathonsteve said:

Who did did you you work for for then and where did you gooooooooo

I wasn't working. I played a few sets over the weekend on different stages of which one was The Green Room so we got T&C crew wristbands. Backstage bars I went to were T&C, Maceo's, Pinky's (I think that was the name, it's behind the Avalon Cafe) and I have a vague recollection of going into the Shangri-La/Unfairground one too. I wanted to try the Tow & Hitch but didn't manage to get there.

Edited by Johnnyseven

43 minutes ago, Johnnyseven said:

I wasn't working. I played a few sets over the weekend on different stages of which one was The Green Room so we got T&C crew wristbands. Backstage bars I went to were T&C, Maceo's, Pinky's (I think that was the name, it's behind the Avalon Cafe) and I have a vague recollection of going into the Shangri-La/Unfairground one too. I wanted to try the Tow & Hitch but didn't manage to get there.

They both have their own one.... Unfairground one was the better of the two, had an inside room off of the back of the bar which was going off a couple of times we went in!

57 minutes ago, stuie said:

They both have their own one.... Unfairground one was the better of the two, had an inside room off of the back of the bar which was going off a couple of times we went in!

In that case it would probably have been the Shangri-La crew bar that I went in, the one that just down on the north side of the railway line. Where's the entrance to the Unfairground crew bar?

23 minutes ago, Johnnyseven said:

In that case it would probably have been the Shangri-La crew bar that I went in, the one that just down on the north side of the railway line. Where's the entrance to the Unfairground crew bar?

Where the blue arrow is: 

4C7C7384-5FC5-4AAF-B533-233D94E04DAD.jpeg

2 hours ago, Johnnyseven said:

Thanks for that