Anyone else think the website was worse this year?

bombfrog

I got in and added all the registrations but when I clicked proceed it crashed, I went back several times and it kept crashing when I hit proceed.  Thankfully someone else got ours but would've been hugely disappointing if that had scuppered my chance.

2 minutes ago, Mr.Tease said:

It was wierd- had 2 browsers on my computer and a 4g phone. Chrome immediately got to the holding screen and everytime I refreshed that reloaded. Safari couldn't load anything. Then chrome stopped working, but 4g got the holding page every time. Then that stopped working for a while, but chrome came back on. What exactly is happening - why if you get through to the holding page just it pretty much load every time? 

Safari really is a piece of shit. 

My chrome was on it for the whole time but there was a 2 minute period or so when everything stopped working. But all jumped back in to holding page life eventually. 

2 minutes ago, Kashkin said:

I had the same problem with being unable to advance after adding registrations, and loads of people are reporting the same. That particular issue hasn't happened in previous years - you could easily get to the payment page once you'd got through in the first place. So yes, I would say it was worse this year. Perhaps this is simply due to greater demand. But it felt like the bottle neck came at the add reg page where previously there was only a bottle neck at the holding page and after that you (more or less) sailed through.

Exactly what happened to me. Gutting. 

Edited by HeyPorter

34 minutes ago, Big Vern said:

Maybe if people didnt sit there with multiple pages and multiple devices frantically pressing refresh, it wouldnt be such pressure on the servers. 

It would also help if people didn’t band together in massive groups, but everyone knows that’s the best way to get tickets so that’s never going to change. 

35 minutes ago, sirjonnyp said:

Thankfully my mate (I put him down as lead booker) has just had the confirmation email. I didn't see the confirmation screen but can see that there is £300 missing from my bank account. Not great!

Haha I also did this. Bought tickets for our friends in the dying seconds (so way after saying sold out) and tried to buy more for the final group forgetting to take a screenshot. When I initially checked my bank it wasnt showing so I assumed id fucked it up. But then a nice £300 pending transaction appeared about ten mins later, and then maybe ten mins after that I got a confirmation email (rather than the lead booker)

Edited by Sasperella

I think worse this year, my details were in the booking form once in Thursday and twice today via different members of my group yet all three crashed out before confirming... So you'd kind of expect that if you had the booking form it would progress successfully to having tickets at least one of the three times? It's a pretty poor success rate. 

I totally get that it's luck getting the booking form up, but it shouldn't be luck getting tickets once you have the booking form.

Edited by Pipine

1 hour ago, eFestivals said:

I was getting the holding page without problems on my desktop using my home broadband, and got thru and booked (first time in about a decade). I didn't see the holding page at all on my laptop connected via my phone.

I really do think it's just luck.

Mine was complete opposite. Thethered to phone got through, broadband didn't even get the holding page.

I think your view of whether the website was better or worse depends on whether you got a ticket or not!

For the first time in 15 years I didnt get a ticket today. I put that down to demand getting bigger and bigger every year since 2009. I have had a great, and very lucky, run since then, and I knew this day would come some time. There seems to be more unsucessful people around here, I just that because more and more people want to get tickets to the greatest show on earth each year. 

Congrats to everyone who bagged a ticket today

It was fine for us, in that we got the holding page reliably on both laptops and phones. Usually we spend most of our time on the page not available screen. However we only got through to the booking page once it was too late, but hearing some if mates stories it seems if it was carnage once you had entered your reg details. A lot of people seem to have dropped transactions and such like.

I can’t see why they don’t employ a system like San Diego Comic Con, it’s the model of mass demand ticket sales. You need to enter a waiting room in the hour before the sales start or you can’t join the actual sale. When you’re in the sales page, it gives you a constant update on the availability of tickets.

There must around the same amount of people trying for those tickets and I’ve not once seen a 404 error. I still haven’t managed to get tickets, but it feels fairer. I say this as someone who was successful this year (via someone else), so it’s not coming from spite. 

Our experience was the worst this year. I barely saw the holding page on any device.

Everyone saying it's luck, but it doesn't feel like luck when the website doesn't even show up for 2/3 of both coach and general sale. Very salty. If at least I was on the holding page at least I'd feel like there was a bit of random luck element to it, instead just a massive middle finger from SeeTickets. 

47 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

Safari really is a piece of shit. 

My chrome was on it for the whole time but there was a 2 minute period or so when everything stopped working. But all jumped back in to holding page life eventually. 

One of the very rare occassions Safari and my Macs have failed me 

2 minutes ago, deefer6 said:

I can’t see why they don’t employ a system like San Diego Comic Con, it’s the model of mass demand ticket sales. You need to enter a waiting room in the hour before the sales start or you can’t join the actual sale. When you’re in the sales page, it gives you a constant update on the availability of tickets.

There must around the same amount of people trying for those tickets and I’ve not once seen a 404 error. I still haven’t managed to get tickets, but it feels fairer. I say this as someone who was successful this year (via someone else), so it’s not coming from spite. 

What a fucking horrible system that would be.

I also got a ticket but definitely think that the site struggled worse than other years.

Didn't even see a holding page on the coach sale.

Got through on one laptop at 9.03 this morn but didn't see a holding page on 3 other devices when trying for others after. In previous years I was at least seeing holding pages on every device even if not getting through to booking. 

Seemed to be crashing far more this year than any year previous