Anyone else think the website was worse this year?

bombfrog

I say this as somebody who did get tickets in the end (woohoo!) but some friends didn't.

In 2018 and 2017 the website seemed to cope much better. Whether you got tickets or not you generally got the holding page, not this year. I've also heard many more stories of people getting kicked out after putting details in and I was given confusing messages after getting through to the reg page for friends. Firstly I was told that I had to "choose a different ticket type" (there was only one - deposit) and then "Cannot find the event you were looking for".

Having made so many improvements, I'm not sure how it could actually get worse year on year. I think they've been tinkering.

Got loads of server crashed type messages, not even the holding page, then eventually got to the details in page at 9.20. Spent 13 mins trying to advance to the payment page and just wouldn't go through...the frustration is that, if you get that far you should be home and hosed. In previous years it's gone straight through pretty much.

i think basically there 10 thousands positions on the payment page, and when ur on the holding page, if 5000 positions  come free, whoever's  page is refreshing in that nano second will get through, sound easy with so many postions, but there could be 10 million trying

First got to the holding page on my phone's 3g and later on my laptop. Recall a friend saying that Glasto had tweeted about processing being slow this year but to keep going and Emily Eavis said 2.4m registered this year so it may be that it's getting considerably harder for the server to cope.

I wonder - might this be one of the largest instances when people are trying for such a limited thing?

Every stage seemed worse this year - 503 and server loads all over the place (had nine screens with a variety of internet connections), only got to holding on the phone, then got reg details in on the phone (including making a mistake on a postcode - completely my fault), then went back and forth between the payment screen and 'session timeout' until I got kicked out back to the reg page, at which point they sold out.

Thankfully my mate (I put him down as lead booker) has just had the confirmation email. I didn't see the confirmation screen but can see that there is £300 missing from my bank account. Not great!

24 minutes ago, Flysheet said:

Got loads of server crashed type messages, not even the holding page, then eventually got to the details in page at 9.20. Spent 13 mins trying to advance to the payment page and just wouldn't go through...the frustration is that, if you get that far you should be home and hosed. In previous years it's gone straight through pretty much.

My mate had exactly the same nightmare. :( 

My personal experience was definitely worse this year: got to the reg screen, entered 6 x reg, hit proceed, got blank screen, clicked back, got blank screen, clicked back, got blank screen... about eight times.  

About the ninth worked and from then on, the session was reasonably smooth.

In my experience it was worse. Never even got onto holding page at all on laptop, just "this site cannot be reached message. Did get to holding page on phone, but there it stayed. Luckily a friend got through for us so all well and good in the end,  but feel gutted for all of you who didn't get them.

It was wierd- had 2 browsers on my computer and a 4g phone. Chrome immediately got to the holding screen and everytime I refreshed that reloaded. Safari couldn't load anything. Then chrome stopped working, but 4g got the holding page every time. Then that stopped working for a while, but chrome came back on. What exactly is happening - why if you get through to the holding page does it pretty much load every time? 

Edited by Mr.Tease

I had the same problem with being unable to advance after adding registrations, and loads of people are reporting the same. That particular issue hasn't happened in previous years - you could easily get to the payment page once you'd got through in the first place. So yes, I would say it was worse this year. Perhaps this is simply due to greater demand. But it felt like the bottle neck came at the add reg page where previously there was only a bottle neck at the holding page and after that you (more or less) sailed through.

1 hour ago, bombfrog said:

I say this as somebody who did get tickets in the end (woohoo!) but some friends didn't.

In 2018 and 2017 the website seemed to cope much better. Whether you got tickets or not you generally got the holding page, not this year. I've also heard many more stories of people getting kicked out after putting details in and I was given confusing messages after getting through to the reg page for friends. Firstly I was told that I had to "choose a different ticket type" (there was only one - deposit) and then "Cannot find the event you were looking for".

Having made so many improvements, I'm not sure how it could actually get worse year on year. I think they've been tinkering.

I got these weird error messages too, but did a lot of ignoring them, pressing back and proceed, and it would eventually take me to the next step. I think this is because they've been allocated but everything crashes and comes available whilst your on that page. Once your at that screen its definitely worth shuffling about a bit to see what comes up!