Ticket Ballot - 50 Pairs

kingcrawler

6 minutes ago, dingbat2 said:

I wonder if they are doing it to see if it could work in the future with demand being so high. Say have 50000 tickets in a ballot in the future?

I was wondering this too. I'm not sure a ballot would be any more popular - years of not getting a London Marathon ballot place and seeing the moaning about that tells me that it wouldn't be. But it might be a way to take the stress out of it all. 

4 minutes ago, Sallyjk said:

Can someone explain the ballot process to me - This basically mean that they are selling 50 extra pairs of tickets in an auction style? 

So the people with money get tickets. 

?

I don't think we know the process yet, but I'd be really surprised if it was auction style. I imagine that those interested in entering the ballot will submit their registration numbers (and possibly payment information) and there will be a random draw. 

6 minutes ago, Sallyjk said:

Can someone explain the ballot process to me - This basically mean that they are selling 50 extra pairs of tickets in an auction style? 

So the people with money get tickets. 

?

Most likely there will be a random draw and they'll send you a unique URL linked to your reg number if you're lucky