Resale club 2020 / 2021

Superscally

Hi all. Disappointed to be joining the resale club but still feeling hopeful.

We got to put our registrations in yesterday, then no further. Pressed back and was able to renter the details- this happened four times then we got kicked off the site altogether and had to start from scratch. Gutted! 

We were so lucky seven times running, either getting our own tickets or through friends. This is the first year that we haven’t managed to get tickets in the main coach or general sale, so I’m not sure what to expect for the resale. 

There’s two of us going for tickets in the resale (coach first, general sale if no joy). If anyone can help out in either resale I’d be eternally grateful.  Obviously we will try for others in return if you don’t have tickets also ?

Well hello fellow resale clubbers... I'd say it's lovely to be here but as I'm sure you would agree it majorly sucks!! Can't believe I have found myself here  in this position and on my own too! (solo glasto 2020?). Not going to lie i have had such a stressful few months and now lost out on a glastonbury ticket - Safe to say I am beyond gutted! So Here I am, introducing myself to my fellow glasto-lovers in the hopes of somehow getting a golden ticket (and of course hopefully getting to know a lot of you). I am so determined to get there! Lets help each other out however we can! Lovely to meet you all ❤️ 

Edited by GlastoMoonGirl
typo

1 hour ago, SecretFish said:

so question.. how do I cope with eFest when I don't have a ticket? The build and hype was a massive part for me!! 

April is a LONG time away...

Surprisingly I’m finding the forum a good place to be, thought I would have to disappear until the next t day but it’s really nice seeing how happy everyone is, their good vibes are improving my mood.

Charm x

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, GlastoMoonGirl said:

Well hello fellow resale clubbers... I'd say it's lovely to be here but as I'm sure you would agree it majorly sucks!! Can't believe I have found myself here  in this position and on my own too! (solo glasto 2020?). Not going to lie i have had such a stressful few months and now lost out on a glastonbury ticket - Safe to say I am beyond gutted! So Here I am, introducing myself to my fellow glasto-lovers in the hopes of somehow getting a golden ticket (and of course hopefully getting to know a lot of you). I am so determined to get there! Lets help each other out however we can! Lovely to meet you all ❤️ 

Have a think about volunteering too as backup in case you fail in the resale? The thought of doing that has given me great hope about being at Glasto 2020. 

34 minutes ago, Charm said:

Surprisingly I’m finding the forum a good place to be, thought I would have to disappear until the next t day but it’s really nice seeing how happy everyone is, their good vibes are improving my mood.

Charm x

Yes I think you are right. I had a distinct change of mindset. I was initially purely focused on being devastated I didn’t get a ticket. 

ive got over that... I’ve decided to use a new ‘all out attack’ mantra. 

All avenues being looked into and all help most welcome!!! ??????

30 minutes ago, Gilb said:

Have a think about volunteering too as backup in case you fail in the resale? The thought of doing that has given me great hope about being at Glasto 2020. 

I have worked many festivals but never quite imagine volunteering for Glastonbury (until yesterday when I missed out on a ticket!) I suppose it would be great to see it from a different perspective if unable to attend as a festival-goer. Have you volunteered it before? Do you get much time to enjoy the festival? I suppose it would also be a good way to meet people within a group.  I had a quick look into it yesterday and apparently it can be quite difficult even to secure a volunteer place? Not quite sure how it works yet, but I am super determined to get to Glastonbury 2020 whether that means as a guest or volunteer! :) Definitely something to look in to, do you have any advice of the best way to go about it? and if you sign up now as a volunteer, are you still able to try for the resale? 

9 minutes ago, SecretFish said:

Yes I think you are right. I had a distinct change of mindset. I was initially purely focused on being devastated I didn’t get a ticket. 

ive got over that... I’ve decided to use a new ‘all out attack’ mantra. 

All avenues being looked into and all help most welcome!!! ??????

That’s good to hear, attack mode sounds much more positive, there’s plenty of other ways to get there, really hope it happens for you. 

Charm x

3 minutes ago, TheGoodWillOut said:

Is the resale maximum 4 tickets ?  happy to add a singular to our clan ( or could even be possibly 2 as I suspect 1 of ours will drop out)  if we get lucky as long as the favour is reciprocated 

I don't think it has been confirmed for this year but that is what it was last year apparently.

I'm in a group of 5 so will be difficult to leave one person out...

1 minute ago, gigpusher said:

Waterstones have a pair of tickets up for grabs for those that pre-order the Glastonbury at 50 book. I pre-ordered it the day it was announced so hoping I'm already entered but just thought I'd mention it. https://www.waterstones.com/win/glastonbury-50-prize-draw

Yea - someone on here contacted Waterstones and they confirmed all preorders would be in the draw even if they ordered it before the competition was announced!

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, northernringo said:

Yea - someone on here contacted Waterstones and they confirmed all preorders would be in the draw even if they ordered it before the competition was announced!

Great. I had just tweeted them to ask. Keeping the dream alive. ?

33 minutes ago, TheGoodWillOut said:

Is the resale maximum 4 tickets ?  happy to add a singular to our clan ( or could even be possibly 2 as I suspect 1 of ours will drop out)  if we get lucky as long as the favour is reciprocated 

Hey I will be a singular! I read somewhere that resale is 4 tickets.  I may be trying for a family member, but that would still leave me 2 spaces to try. If not it looks like i'll be solo! So any help would massively be appreciated, and obviously I am happy to try for others too xo

Edited by GlastoMoonGirl

26 minutes ago, northernringo said:

That's good to know as I also ordered the signed copy back in June :)

48 minutes ago, GlastoMoonGirl said:

I have worked many festivals but never quite imagine volunteering for Glastonbury (until yesterday when I missed out on a ticket!) I suppose it would be great to see it from a different perspective if unable to attend as a festival-goer. Have you volunteered it before? Do you get much time to enjoy the festival? I suppose it would also be a good way to meet people within a group.  I had a quick look into it yesterday and apparently it can be quite difficult even to secure a volunteer place? Not quite sure how it works yet, but I am super determined to get to Glastonbury 2020 whether that means as a guest or volunteer! :) Definitely something to look in to, do you have any advice of the best way to go about it? and if you sign up now as a volunteer, are you still able to try for the resale? 

No I have never done this before but I have seen so much positive feedback from those that have it's a no-brainer for me. I may well try to get in as a volunteer and then have a stress-free resale day by having a lie-in and not bothering with that!.

Every one of my Glasto experiences (been 7 times now) has been different. From the first time of just not knowing what to expect, the second (very muddy) time of finding out there's so much more to Glasto and seeing what I missed the first time. The heatwaves, the awful mud (2007 & 2016!), going to Glasto solo and having the BEST time ever (who knew?!), to taking friends who have never been and loving the look of awe in them as they too realise what Glasto is all about. Finding different corners, avenues, acts, fields EVERY year that I never knew were there.

So time for another new experience. Volunteer. New environment. New people to enjoy it with. Hopefully very fulfilling too.

It's this conviction that has turned me from a doe-faced-sour-puss yesterday morning to an enlightened happy munchkin today! :)

• Upvote 1

After sulking all Sunday - I'm checking the fall-out from the weekend....

We had 11 people with 24 devices spread over the midlands and a couple in scouseland and none of us got past the holding page.

We're down to 7 for the resale (the others are going to go on holidays instead).

April 16th is Coach resale and if I remember correctly you are limited to pairs of tickets and April 19th is main resale at a limit of four tickets so it's going to be a big ask to get all 7 required tickets.

I'm seriously considering working the festival but have bad sciatica - is that likely to count me out?

I ordered my Glasto book via amazon so that's one option closed.

@Penrhos regarding volunteering and special requirements to accommodate for your health condition, I know that Oxfam are generally really good. I volunteered last year and a girl was allowed to sit down during her entire shift, because of club foot I believe. Get in touch with them in advance, and they will almost definitely sort you out.

On a general note, will there be a separate thread for competitions again or is that all discussed in here? :)

34 minutes ago, stefcia said:

I volunteered last year and a girl was allowed to sit down during her entire shift, because of club foot I believe. Get in touch with them in advance, and they will almost definitely sort you out.

A liking for Kasabian tracks should not be a reason for special treatment! 

I'll get my coat 

• Upvote 1