Resale club 2020 / 2021

Superscally

1 minute ago, Big durbs said:

Oh my god , I have just been reading about mass gathering no till next autumn ( 2021 ) ffs nooooooooo

If hold off on those concerns for now .. vaccines /herd immunity might well have happened before that point ... let’s get through this bit ... we can’t worry about 18 months time ... yet !!! 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Big durbs said:

Oh my god , I have just been reading about mass gathering no till next autumn ( 2021 ) ffs nooooooooo

I have a friend of a friend who is very high up in the health service in Northern Ireland. He is convinced things will get better, then get worse again... advised next year in general could still see restrictions.

Hopefully as @crazyfool1 said we will see a vaccine.

Edited by vintagelaureate

Just now, Big durbs said:

Had they stopped it ? 

they were offering 2 crates as a substitute prize .... so anyone with codes make sure they are inputted or given to someone that needs the tickets remembering that the prizes cant be given away ... so its the person that they ring plus one other I believe 

2 minutes ago, Superscally said:

The Mallets thing is a bit hilarious for those who don't like cider or Mallets but got some anyway. I'm desperate for them to win now and get those crates. I know that's a good bit of bastardry on my part, but it would be funny. Come on...it would, right? 

My friends have been drinking it on my behalf ... I got them bus tickets so they are desperate to get me tickets ... I’ve purchased one 12 pack myself and have 4 cans left ... can’t say it’s particularly nice ... and I like cider :) 

20 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

My friends have been drinking it on my behalf ... I got them bus tickets so they are desperate to get me tickets ... I’ve purchased one 12 pack myself and have 4 cans left ... can’t say it’s particularly nice ... and I like cider :) 

At least they hopefully enjoy it!!

12 hours ago, Superscally said:

The Mallets thing is a bit hilarious for those who don't like cider or Mallets but got some anyway. I'm desperate for them to win now and get those crates. I know that's a good bit of bastardry on my part, but it would be funny. Come on...it would, right? 

Arguably if you like cider, you don't like Mallets.

18 minutes ago, Big durbs said:

not sure , but i do wonder if you got through what would you have to pay , technically it should be the whole amount for 2020 , but . of course that is now rolled over to 21 and the £50 deposit stands  , they have not said how much it will be for next year ( i suspect £10 more as that seams to be the norm ).

that said , i will still be trying on sunday 🙂

£280 is a lot of money. I've been exploring cheaper festivals on the internet all year. Those that are cheaper, seem to be cheaper all round. The travel seems cheaper; there's less trouble getting there, than some of the larger festivals and so on. You can go to Bluedot and one of the Rewind festivals for £150 each.

So I considered just trying to get a volunteer place for Glastonbury 2021. Saying that, I still would have bought a coach ticket, if there was a sale last night. Although I am beginning to wonder about the practicality of such a large festival. It's a bit eccentric. I miss the old ways. 😀

24 minutes ago, vintagelaureate said:

No, it was a different screen to that - I tested it as a theory! 😆

After reading your post earlier. I did the f5 thing rapidly and got a white screen holding page. That's the one you normally get by refreshing too much. It's some sort of detour thing. I'd got that last year, messing about on the ticket page, without a sale. It sounds like you got a different one, maybe, or maybe they're all different nowadays.

When I refreshed my white screen, it just refreshed. It wasn't like yours; it didn't disappear. I tried the ticket page at 6pm and 6.30pm and got nothing. I don't understand why they'd pay so much for all that flashy lettering and stuff and not use that sort of ticket page. You'd expect flashy secret sales and stuff. Seems a waste. Especially as no-one has anything better to do.🙂

35 minutes ago, Big durbs said:

It’s like a lot of things , it’s dependent on how you look at it.

its a lot of money for a gig. But ...... I look at it this way , 

1:- if there are three or four acts that you would pay to go and see , then the average act is £80 ish plus travel, hotel and paying over the odds for drinks , then Glasto is a winner.

🙂

I generally agree but not all of those gigs are in a field, you are indoors as well for gigs. Many people just travel and from, there is no hotel used necessarily.

I do think as much as there is value there, if you have seen the vast majority of things over a number of years at Glastonbury then paying £280 for what you could do for £180 essentially is a big increase. £50 likely by next year is a lot for car parking too. 

I will add though, as much as Oxfam working provided good campsites, access to hot water for noodles etc, better toilets, laughs between workers and close to car camping which ultimately meant a lot of stages were far away, I would not swap it for a ticket itself. Luckily for me it worked out not so bad act wise for me, bar one act maybe I got to see who I wanted to but I can imagine it being a nightmare if not.