Resale club 2020 / 2021

Superscally

1 minute ago, blutarsky said:

This corona virus malarkey...

Assuming the festival doesn’t get shitcanned, it’s got to mean more people crapping themselves and not paying their balance right? 

Must be good news for us? 

Who knows ... hopefully but still means total organisation 

4 hours ago, blutarsky said:

This corona virus malarkey...

Assuming the festival doesn’t get shitcanned, it’s got to mean more people crapping themselves and not paying their balance right? 

Must be good news for us? 

I was having this conversation with my husband the other day. After SXSW cancelling I feel like it could make a lot of people unsure about Glasto. Selfishly hoping people unnecessarily panic and choose to forgo their tickets this year. 

16 hours ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

I missed this - what happened with the local sale? And why does this mean less tickets than normal? Or is that because of the 50th?

A lot of people who were in the correct postcode range got messages saying that they weren't able to get tickets and by the time they complained etc it was sold out. I can only assume something will be done for those who can prove they got through and that See Ticket's system prevented them from getting tickets (It would be only fair!). I may have wrongly assumed that was the reason why there was talk of getting the capacity raised for this year instead of next year. 

11 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

Is anyone else only going in certain threads of the forum at the moment? I find myself keeping away from any of the rumours/stage specific threads as a kind of protection against too much excitement for something that might not be. 

I’ve been spending way too much time in other threads, it’s contributing to the feeling that I’m definitely going, will be a massive comedown if I fail. 

Charm x

1 minute ago, Charm said:

I’ve been spending way too much time in other threads, it’s contributing to the feeling that I’m definitely going, will be a massive comedown if I fail. 

Charm x

Oooh maybe that's the way I need to look at it and get myself looking in those threads. I've been sticking to fitness and food (if they cancel themselves out :D

2 hours ago, gigpusher said:

A lot of people who were in the correct postcode range got messages saying that they weren't able to get tickets and by the time they complained etc it was sold out. I can only assume something will be done for those who can prove they got through and that See Ticket's system prevented them from getting tickets (It would be only fair!). I may have wrongly assumed that was the reason why there was talk of getting the capacity raised for this year instead of next year. 

Thanks for explaining!

2 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Thanks for explaining!

No worries. I am selfishly hoping that it won't impact us but I have experience of See Tickets messing up and Glastonbury festival letting us buy tickets before the re-sale before when we provided them with proof of what had gone wrong so I know they are likely to do it and it is only fair really. 

Just now, gigpusher said:

No worries. I am selfishly hoping that it won't impact us but I have experience of See Tickets messing up and Glastonbury festival letting us buy tickets before the re-sale before when we provided them with proof of what had gone wrong so I know they are likely to do it and it is only fair really. 

Yeah it does seem fair.

Is anyone else only going in certain threads of the forum at the moment? I find myself keeping away from any of the rumours/stage specific threads as a kind of protection against too much excitement for something that might not be. 

im going all in ... one or two I wish weren't here that I shouldn't really be in ....that are causing me more worry than the resale at the moment ... if  I fail then at the moment life priority's will take over and I will bounce back after maybe 24 hours of sadness 

1 minute ago, crazyfool1 said:

im going all in ... one or two I wish weren't here that I shouldn't really be in ....that are causing me more worry than the resale at the moment ... if  I fail then at the moment life priority's will take over and I will bounce back after maybe 24 hours of sadness 

That's a very pragmatic approach that I wish I was capable of. I'll definitely be sad for way more than 24 hours!! I actually wish it didn't mean this much to me but ... it does. I'll be inconsolable for a while!! So for now PMA I will get tickets in the re-sale. 

That's a very pragmatic approach that I wish I was capable of. I'll definitely be sad for way more than 24 hours!! I actually wish it didn't mean this much to me but ... it does. I'll be inconsolable for a while!! So for now PMA I will get tickets in the re-sale. 

well it will be difficult as all is not lost even after the resale .... theres a few comps and work opportunities to come so it will only be the days of the festival that I will struggle realising im not there .... It is amazing how we spend 365 days talking about a 5 day festival :) ive got some other targets for the year I need to try and start influencing too 

8 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

well it will be difficult as all is not lost even after the resale .... theres a few comps and work opportunities to come so it will only be the days of the festival that I will struggle realising im not there .... It is amazing how we spend 365 days talking about a 5 day festival :) ive got some other targets for the year I need to try and start influencing too 

Yes although for me unless they are fairly shortly after Glastonbury it probably would be difficult as I have two high maintenance dogs to find a sitter for. The lady who used to do it is elderly and can't cope with them any more so need to find a more sprightly person to look after 2 chalk and cheese dogs and one of them gets stressed and anxious so we usually need to find somebody who has no other dogs and can deal with a crazy idiot and a stress head. It's not something that can be done at a moment's notice!! 

Yes although for me unless they are fairly shortly after Glastonbury it probably would be difficult as I have two high maintenance dogs to find a sitter for. The lady who used to do it is elderly and can't cope with them any more so need to find a more sprightly person to look after 2 chalk and cheese dogs and one of them gets stressed and anxious so we usually need to find somebody who has no other dogs and can deal with a crazy idiot and a stress head. It's not something that can be done at a moment's notice!! 

Positive thoughts gp ... let’s focus on the resale and then deal with any aftermath :) let’s get u there 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Lets do this team .... ive been absent for a few hours and thats a cracker to get us all too in June look forward to meeting the team behind the avatars :) 

I just went no shame and put out an announcement on my Facebook for anyone who can help. Someone I used to work with about 10 years has offered to help. I am building an army for this!!! PMA!!!!!

I just went no shame and put out an announcement on my Facebook for anyone who can help. Someone I used to work with about 10 years has offered to help. I am building an army for this!!! PMA!!!!!

fantastic ... dont forget to share the spreadsheet and nothing else :)