Resale club 2020 / 2021

Superscally

1 hour ago, Monie802 said:

All this talk about internet speeds has me thinking (and lamenting) about our shitty Australian WiFi speeds. If my husband and I are both trying at the same time (so between the two of us I think we had 3 devices each?) on the same WiFi, that theoretically slows us down, yes? 

What do you guys who live with a partner or roommate who you’re sharing the connection with get around this? Should we split up to different locations? Mind you, on sale time here is at like 3am, so places like libraries aren’t really an option.

Just thinking out loud and who better to help me problem solve than you fine people. 

edit: lol. Just realized I was a page and a whole topic behind. 😂 sorry. 

have a read of this at your leisure and come out the other side none the wiser .... its really just about good old luck and preparation ... get as much help as you can muster .... but having some kind of spreadsheet where you can copy and paste over details is helpful or on an apple device setting up shortcodes helps too ....

5 minutes ago, Big durbs said:

i little ( or wee ) trip south of the border is called for buddy ( wether permitting atm ) , get WELL stocked up , then enjoy 🙂

I can see Calais style warehouses being built at Carlisle as hordes of kilted warriors descend on them looking for cheap buckfast and Carly super strength! A family day out! 

Canny beat a wee trip oot wi ra weans tae get a drap o bevvy. 

Edited by Ayrshire Chris

16 minutes ago, Big durbs said:

in all seriousness , can you "online order " from south of the border to get around the issue ???

Not on Tesco online etc, if you look at beer adverts on tv it always say offers exclude Scotland and Channel Islands! It’s designed to prevent the stronger beers, ciders  and tonic wines getting into the hands of youngsters. Not a great lover of cider as I usually need an omeprazole or gaviscon chaser to calm my guts! But in this case forGlastonbury I will make an exception. In the highly unlikely chance of winning is there a way I can get the tickets to someone on here as I’ve already got ours? 

Just now, Ayrshire Chris said:

Not on Tesco online etc, if you look at beer adverts on tv it always say offers exclude Scotland and Channel Islands! It’s designed to prevent the stronger beers, ciders  and tonic wines getting into the hands of youngsters. Not a great lover of cider as I usually need an omeprazole or gaviscon chaser to calm my guts! But in this case forGlastonbury I will make an exception. In the highly unlikely chance of winning is there a way I can get the tickets to someone on here as I’ve already got ours? 

you would have to get the person  to be entering the code on the packs I think .... Its quite an odd one with a june the 7th closing date which im assuming means if you were successful in the resale ... this would be absolutely of no help at all ... you cant get refunds that late I dont think ... so the prize would get redrawn ... someone tell me Im wrong please ... 

2 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

you would have to get the person  to be entering the code on the packs I think .... Its quite an odd one with a june the 7th closing date which im assuming means if you were successful in the resale ... this would be absolutely of no help at all ... you cant get refunds that late I dont think ... so the prize would get redrawn ... someone tell me Im wrong please ... 

I know someone who won a mallets ticket last year and were already volunteering, I believe they manged to change the name to their partner and daughter after explaining the situation and a number of calls, but yes I guess a redraw is the option .

2 minutes ago, Funkyfairy! said:

I know someone who won a mallets ticket last year and were already volunteering, I believe they manged to change the name to their partner and daughter after explaining the situation and a number of calls, but yes I guess a redraw is the option .

does he draw things ?  how many did he buy ? 

Edited by crazyfool1

1 minute ago, crazyfool1 said:

:) ill ask .. thanks for confirming my thoughts on the comp .... its a shame that its not done after the resale although that might not help them shift the cider 

This allows them to shift more cider, and more time for people to buy more packs of cider, makes total and utter logical sense for the corporate marketing campaign. If anyone enters and can't take the set of 10 tickets , then its redraw time and lucky for the person who wins in the second drawer.  I'm not sure it matters how many anyone buys, except it increases your odds, at the end of the days its still a raffle, and this year with the comp being on longer (I think) there will be a lot more entrants. There's no science to it, and rule are rules, I'll be buying some and entering and giving the numbers to friends to enter - as easy as that :-)

1 hour ago, Big durbs said:

Good news on the broadband front today , I was looking to get upgraded from 250mb to 350mb . 

Its now looking good for 500mb installed and ready for resale day 🙂

Pretty nippy! Good work and fingers crossed for resale day. I'm nervous already!

On 12/20/2019 at 12:56 PM, eFestivals said:

I run a site called checkpage.co.uk which alerts (and helps fund here), although it's offline at the moment because See Tickets did a crafty thing to make it alert every time.

It'll get fixed within the next 6 weeks, in plenty of time before any more sales.

Can you please keep me posted on this @eFestivals?

Much appreciated

Morning folks.

How do I become a member of the resale club?

I've mentioned on other threads that I'm willing to help out on resale day and I've also got some friends who need to join the syndicates and will also join in as well?

EDIT: Just noticed the other resale thread !

Edited by CY 2019

4 hours ago, Big durbs said:

i think we have the speed reqd for resale day 🙂

speed test.jpg

I'd imagine latency would trump speed when it comes to getting through - I also wonder if being on the same ISP as Seetickets' data centre would be a benefit as there'd be fewer hops.  Just checked and it appears they use Exponential-e which is a shame as my old company had a 1 Gbps Expo-e leased line!

10 hours ago, Big durbs said:

I did well back in October when it was running at 210mb , I got my group of 6 , and then went on to get another group of 3 for my cousin, I got through for coach for a group of friends but one of the group gave his postcode wrong ( he registered without the gap ! ,) and that was enough to fail , I even phoned to check and was assured it was correct and failed again , it was only after the mistake was realised. Take note for the resale, details MUST match exactly as you have in your registration !

I've always thought/been told that the space in the postcode makes no difference as the system doesn't register spaces. Is that not the case? It's the accepted version round here.

31 minutes ago, Big durbs said:

Trust me on this one from first hand experience.

he has registered his post code WITHOUT a space , but on the spread sheet I was given it was “ correct “ with a space. 

I got through twice and both times it came up with the error “ postcode incorrect “ for the same person.

it was only after when the details were checked with a fine tooth comb that it was realised. He did then get tix in the general sale ( putting his postcode in without a space )

BUT . Lesson learned.... I think for resale club , it should be a screen shot or cut’n’paste from the confirmation email from see tickets.

rather that than the horrors of a group getting through and fail because of something so minor 

It's not that I don't believe that happened to you (sounds horrendous!). But I've read so many stories saying the opposite. However I have also had the experience of putting in someone's correct postcode (someone from here I was helping) and it not working. Tried it with and without space. I checked multiple times with him and it was correct, but it was a system glitch. Which is a terrifying prospect. 

30 minutes ago, Big durbs said:

It could well be it was a glitch , but , going forward to resale DDay , it’s worth checking all the details so we have every possible base covered. It not worth leaving it to chance when it’s one of the few things we have control of .

i was so pleased when I got through ( it was for a group that one of my work mate was in , he is still without a ticket ) . You can only imagine the Tourette’s out pouring my computer received when it bounced the entry on a post code, let alone when I got through a second time after checking the details on the phone! It would have made chubby brown cringe 

Did you not just try it with it without the space? Despite always thinking it makes no difference I would have done that first. Or did it crash at that point?

Totally get that frustration. I think it's worse when you get to the booking page and aren't successful.

4 hours ago, Big durbs said:

To be honest, I didn’t, when it failed, it just said the postcode was wrong, so I phoned the lead booker , then tried again ( cut’n’paste from the spreadsheet) and it failed again, I did then delete them from the list but coach had sold out by then , It was so annoying . But that person did get tix in the general sale on Sunday without the space , so you can see my working theory that it does matter , but before that I thought it didn’t matter 

Fair enough. Such a stressful situation! 

5 minutes ago, Big durbs said:

morning one and all .

did anyone on here have any luck with radio one this morning ??

I got the answers right and sent the text if that counts as having luck ... had my winning speech all ready too ... plenty more to come though .... need to find mallets !!