Resale club 2020 / 2021

Superscally

Ballot entered and book pre-ordered. Imagine it’s someone on here that gets tickets via one of those ways! 

Im considering registering with Water Aid. Bumped into a lovely chap on the way home this year that had volunteered with them and he was singing their praises, even though it was toilet cleaning duty! 

11 hours ago, mario man said:

It’s funny that the years when you get a ticket, you have a few days of post-success buzz and then let it drift towards the back of your mind until the new year when the rumours really start developing... however this year when I don’t have one, I can’t stop thinking about the bloody place! 

So I’ve registered with Oxfam and entered the ballot and pre-ordered the book and am keeping everything crossed to be lucky in early November. If not (most probably!) then a long winter awaits and we wait for the spring and the next chances...

This is happening to me too. Been having some crazy Glastonbury dreams. All involve me actually being in the festival so I’m taking it as a sign that I’m going to be there. 

Charm x

53 minutes ago, Tartan_Glasto said:

Ballot entered and book pre-ordered. Imagine it’s someone on here that gets tickets via one of those ways! 

Im considering registering with Water Aid. Bumped into a lovely chap on the way home this year that had volunteered with them and he was singing their praises, even though it was toilet cleaning duty! 

We contacted water aid, filled in a form on their website registering our interest and e mailed them giving them an idea of our approach to wateraid and it’s aims.  Turns out they already had our details as we contribute to them monthly by direct debit.  Got a personal e mail back from them and was advised that the volunteering for festivals opens in the new year.  I do understand that new applicants that are successful tend to get the poorer shifts compared to those who have been before but that’s ok and understandable. 

Here for the first time, got tickets in 2017/2019 with relatively no issues but thi year was a complete nightmare. Entered the ballot, signed up to Oxfam and pre-ordered the book, if all else fails after the resale I'll have to invest in a sturdy shovel and head for the fence!

I only found out about the prize draw from the book pre-order via here (thanks!) does anyone know if this is exclusively to Waterstones or pre-orders from all retailers? Just wondering how small the odds of being the lucky ones actually are.

Absolutely desperate to go back, does anyone have any other recommendations apart from the routes I'm trying above? Short of buying a house in Somerset for the local tickets...

14 minutes ago, AAlex said:

I only found out about the prize draw from the book pre-order via here (thanks!) does anyone know if this is exclusively to Waterstones or pre-orders from all retailers? Just wondering how small the odds of being the lucky ones actually are.

What's the score with the book pre-order prize draw?  is it just a case of if you order you get entered into a prize draw or do you have to enter your registration?  I'm hoping Mrs Padgey has ordered me the book for Christmas and although I have a ticket if at all she is successful she wouldn't want to go.

There's plenty more competitions after the resale, Guardian, Water Aid, EE, Metro to name a few, Efestivals (Neil) also ran a competition last year where someone off here was successful.  Just keep looking on this thread and they will all get posted.

8 minutes ago, Padgey said:

Efestivals (Neil) also ran a competition last year where someone off here was successful. 

unfortunately I'm not sure if I'll get competition tickets for next year.

I've had them every year for years, but in 2017 I was told "probably the last time", and for 2019 I was initially turned down for them - although someone gave a helpful nudge to then make it happen.

So I really don't know what will happen for next year - although I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Based on previous years there's around a 1:3000 chance of winning if the competition happens.

Edited by eFestivals

7 minutes ago, Padgey said:

What's the score with the book pre-order prize draw?  is it just a case of if you order you get entered into a prize draw or do you have to enter your registration?  I'm hoping Mrs Padgey has ordered me the book for Christmas and although I have a ticket if at all she is successful she wouldn't want to go.

There's plenty more competitions after the resale, Guardian, Water Aid, EE, Metro to name a few, Efestivals (Neil) also ran a competition last year where someone off here was successful.  Just keep looking on this thread and they will all get posted.

There's a prize draw section on the page for the book but all it read is 'Win general admission full weekend tickets to Glastonbury Festival 2020'. I didnt get asked to put my registration details in when I pre-ordered so I dont know how it would work, presumably one ticket has to be in the name of the person who bought the book though, to stop the winner just selling them both.

I'll keep an eye out, thanks! Finger crossed I'll be back on the farm come June, not been in this situation before ☹️

19 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

I've had them every year for years, but in 2017 I was told "probably the last time", and for 2019 I was initially turned down for them - although someone gave a helpful nudge to then make it happen.

So I really don't know what will happen for next year - although I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Based on previous years there's around a 1:3000 chance of winning if the competition happens.

Probably far better odds than the ballot! Not too sure what to expect for the Waterstone's prize draw... other than disappointment of course.

1 hour ago, Padgey said:

I preordered the book, no details needed.

I know some competitions don’t ask for your reg details anyway as when I won tickets from here last year they just needed my name and address (and the same for my guest). They are very strict on the gate and understandably pay a lot of attention to the details matching etc. But no, they don’t always ask for your registration details.

I wonder if the person who wins the Waterstones prize already has a ticket can they transfer it. You have to assume it's only die hard people who have bought the book (I pre-ordered it back in June but have been told I'll still be in the draw) Just wondering as my friend who got a ticket said if she wins she would give me her tickets but I wonder if it would be allowed. 

The uncertainty certainly makes the next few months harder but I am choosing to think positively for the moment. The irony is that my friend who has tickets was in the opposite position last year although it probably turned out for the best for her as she had a baby in the February and decided not to try in the resale. I paid to have a Glastonbury bin painted for her as her wedding gift. 

28 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

I wonder if the person who wins the Waterstones prize already has a ticket can they transfer it. You have to assume it's only die hard people who have bought the book (I pre-ordered it back in June but have been told I'll still be in the draw) Just wondering as my friend who got a ticket said if she wins she would give me her tickets but I wonder if it would be allowed. 

I'm curious about this too, and am in a similar situation. I was lucky enough to get tickets, but my best friend didn't (and is absolutely inconsolable). I'd really like to pre-order the book, and if I am very (very!) lucky and win the draw, would hate for that luck to go to waste.

39 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

I wonder if the person who wins the Waterstones prize already has a ticket can they transfer it.

Not officially.

The Terms and Conditions say it needs to be used by the winner, and one guest who must be named within 24 hours of first contact.

7 hours ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

We contacted water aid, filled in a form on their website registering our interest and e mailed them giving them an idea of our approach to wateraid and it’s aims.  Turns out they already had our details as we contribute to them monthly by direct debit.  Got a personal e mail back from them and was advised that the volunteering for festivals opens in the new year.  I do understand that new applicants that are successful tend to get the poorer shifts compared to those who have been before but that’s ok and understandable. 

Yeah, this has put me off the idea of volunteering before but I'm at the stage where I'd just rather be onsite cleaning toilets than not be on site at all! I now wish I had kept in touch with my friend that works for Wateraid. It's been a couple of years and don't want to be THAT guy that gets in contact just to see if they can pull strings!

10 minutes ago, sophiemarie said:

I'm curious about this too, and am in a similar situation. I was lucky enough to get tickets, but my best friend didn't (and is absolutely inconsolable). I'd really like to pre-order the book, and if I am very (very!) lucky and win the draw, would hate for that luck to go to waste.

I dont think its just diehards unfortunately ... that book was approaching a best seller at one point on Amazon ... although im not sure the numbers that it would require .... if I remember rightly its better that she preorders it ... as one of the winners need to be the cardholder ?  or am I just making that up ? ... I wonder what happens if someone has the winning book all wrapped up for Christmas :) ...

6 hours ago, eFestivals said:

What was your terms and conditions ?  ... just wondering if it was one entry and one nominated person per profile  ... so beneficial to get my friend doing it ... also (potentially ) 

Edited by crazyfool1
added potentially

5 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

What was your terms and conditions ?  ... just wondering if it was one entry and one nominated person per profile  ... so beneficial to get my friend doing it ... also (potentially ) 

One entry per profile could be tricky (if the competition even happens this year). What is to stop someone making 10 accounts on here!

1 minute ago, northernringo said:

One entry per profile could be tricky (if the competition even happens this year). What is to stop someone making 10 accounts on here!

That was my thoughts ... think Neil is able to look at IPs ? if a crazyfool2 appears with an other stage hat ...its not me honest :) 

Edited by crazyfool1

9 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

That was my thoughts ... think Neil is able to look at IPs ? if a crazyfool2 appears with an other stage hat ...its not me honest :) 

I'm sure he has some way of doing it :)

Although IP address could be problematic as people will access this site in uni, work, etc so will share IPs and look like duplicate users. I'm an administrator of an online forum and this is an issue we have when detecting 'fake accounts'.

Post count is probably one way to weed out recently created accounts.