Resale club 2020 / 2021

Superscally

1 minute ago, crazyfool1 said:

will get you on the spreadsheet once ive got some idea of how to do it ... anyone ?

Thanks for the offer, I am already in a ticket group so can't join another one as it's unfair to others. We do ours on a Google spreadsheet by invitation only. The best advice I can give is to ensure you group people into 4's to maximise your chances in the resale and have a "tickets got" value cell  to change it to yes so helpers can quickly see who needs help. Our group of 193 managed 97 yesterday and Thursday combined. The biggest problem with the resale is everyone having 4 x full payment in your bank account! Good luck and shout out if I can help you in any way. 

1 minute ago, StoneCircle said:

Thanks for the offer, I am already in a ticket group so can't join another one as it's unfair to others. We do ours on a Google spreadsheet by invitation only. The best advice I can give is to ensure you group people into 4's to maximise your chances in the resale and have a "tickets got" value cell  to change it to yes so helpers can quickly see who needs help. Our group of 193 managed 97 yesterday and Thursday combined. The biggest problem with the resale is everyone having 4 x full payment in your bank account! Good luck and shout out if I can help you in any way. 

might well do that ... ive never attempted spreadsheets before :) ..... the payment does seem to be the challenging bit and hopefully setting it up early would be a chance for people to develop a bit of a relationship and some trust 

2 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

might well do that ... ive never attempted spreadsheets before :) ..... the payment does seem to be the challenging bit and hopefully setting it up early would be a chance for people to develop a bit of a relationship and some trust 

Yes by setting it up early you will have time to befriend each other and work out the best solution within each group for payment. I would also recommend an early cut off for people joining the spreadsheet as late comers won't have time to develop the level of trust needed. 

Just now, StoneCircle said:

Yes by setting it up early you will have time to befriend each other and work out the best solution within each group for payment. I would also recommend an early cut off for people joining the spreadsheet as late comers won't have time to develop the level of trust needed. 

thats great .. does it need an admin .. or does a pubic one sort of admin itself once setup ?

43 minutes ago, StoneCircle said:

I'm back for 2020, was last here for 2016. I may try in the resale but I won't be hoping for a secret resale as I really couldn't put myself through that again! Good luck to everyone in finding a way in! 

How do secret resales come about?

4 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

thats great .. does it need an admin .. or does a pubic one sort of admin itself once setup ?

With this being on an open forum I would recommend having a couple of admins and make the spreadsheet so it can't be shared by anyone other that them. So as people ask to join they send you/admin their email address and they they can access and edit the sheet. Every single change is shown in the spreadsheet history so if need be you can see who made what changes. Have a read of this https://support.google.com/drive/answer/2494822?visit_id=637060588426775261-3970233994&p=link_sharing_options&hl=en-GB&rd=1&authuser=0#link_sharing :)

1 minute ago, StoneCircle said:

With this being on an open forum I would recommend having a couple of admins and make the spreadsheet so it can't be shared by anyone other that them. So as people ask to join they send you/admin their email address and they they can access and edit the sheet. Every single change is shown in the spreadsheet history so if need be you can see who made what changes. Have a read of this https://support.google.com/drive/answer/2494822?visit_id=637060588426775261-3970233994&p=link_sharing_options&hl=en-GB&rd=1&authuser=0#link_sharing :)

thanks SC I certainly will :) 

2 minutes ago, bloom92 said:

How do secret resales come about?

They haven't since 2016, they were after the main resale and SeeTickets would sell off any other tickets without any announcements. We used page checkers to monitor SeeTickets. Too stressful for words! :blink:

1 minute ago, Cannedm said:

Sod it, I’m not bothering. Been to Glastonbury 3 times before, back in the days when you could walk into a record shop and casually pick the tickets up the month before if you wished. A group of 4 of us tried both Thursday and Sunday to no avail. Furthest we got was    holding page. I’ll watch Glastonbury on the TV. Boomtown will be a worthy replacement if you’ll pardon the pun.

Seeing a real mix of people either gearing up for a scrap on resale day, or letting it go by with little interest.

I hate the days after ticket sales. So many emotions.

17 hours ago, amfy said:

The full context is actually that the first year back after missing out was 2007 - the year so many people remember as the grimmest ever. I danced around high fiving anyone who looked sad to get them to smile, I have never seen so many bands at one festival, I was relentless, it really was my best Glastonbury ever!

.......right up until the point where I had a complete alcoholic absence during the Chemical Brothers on Sunday night, then stupidly smoked a bit of whatever our neighbours were smoking, collapsed in the porch of my tent & turned blue before my husband randomly found me when he got up for the loo & dragged me to my air bed, then in the morning, I threw up at every junction of the motorway back to Birmingham. 

I totally did that Glastonbury!

Another fantastic bit of prose, albeit the imagery it creates is somewhat less appealing!!

• Upvote 1

Bah. Feeling very sorry for myself since Sunday. Now beginning to realise how lucky and privileged I have been to get a ticket for the last 9 years. I need a small pep talk please. Plus - can anyone offer some reassurance for the April resale. What are our chances? 

1 minute ago, semmtexx said:

Bah. Feeling very sorry for myself since Sunday. Now beginning to realise how lucky and privileged I have been to get a ticket for the last 9 years. I need a small pep talk please. Plus - can anyone offer some reassurance for the April resale. What are our chances? 

I’m in the same club. I say, keep the faith. We’ve just been dealt a blow to make sure we never get complacent or feel an entitlement to a place at the best show on earth.

April is just a little reminder.

18 minutes ago, jewboots said:

I’m in the same club. I say, keep the faith. We’ve just been dealt a blow to make sure we never get complacent or feel an entitlement to a place at the best show on earth.

April is just a little reminder.

I like that. A reminder and keep the faith. 

A new NFR, NFC for the dispossessed! NFR, NFC, NFC.

No rain, no compromise, no complacency!

Ok. It needs some work!

Edited by semmtexx

39 minutes ago, semmtexx said:

it certainly can be done .. ive had resale before and got the old (now defunct ) secret mini ones .... its a toughie .. didn't sleep the night before and spent last night with my head going round in circles with the options ... bus has now become a possible never ever considered in the past ... an option for you ?

29 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

it certainly can be done .. ive had resale before and got the old (now defunct ) secret mini ones .... its a toughie .. didn't sleep the night before and spent last night with my head going round in circles with the options ... bus has now become a possible never ever considered in the past ... an option for you ?

You really shouldn't ever skip the coach sale, it's another chance at getting tickets!

8 hours ago, GlastoMoonGirl said:

Well hello fellow resale clubbers... I'd say it's lovely to be here but as I'm sure you would agree it majorly sucks!! Can't believe I have found myself here  in this position and on my own too! (solo glasto 2020?). Not going to lie i have had such a stressful few months and now lost out on a glastonbury ticket - Safe to say I am beyond gutted! So Here I am, introducing myself to my fellow glasto-lovers in the hopes of somehow getting a golden ticket (and of course hopefully getting to know a lot of you). I am so determined to get there! Lets help each other out however we can! Lovely to meet you all ❤️ 

I’m kind of in the same boat. I’m the only one of my friend group without a ticket so trying solo. I’ll be happy to help you ? and any others get there.