Resale club 2020 / 2021

Superscally

20 minutes ago, Madyaker said:

I wouldn't be surprised if they used the extra capacity last year. The site was jammers.

We can say with confidence that they didn't.

Maximum allowed Campsite densities are defined by the licence, and they were already pretty close to the limit.

7,000 extra people would necessitate new camping space, something approximately the same size as Paines or Dairy - and we know that didn't happen.

@vintagelaureate is just looking into some final details on the spreadsheet .... does anyone have any peals of wisdom from previous years ? ... or any ideas that might increase visibility ... we have discussed it having its own separate thread so its easily visible and accessible to all that need it .... its for everyone on here so would like any ideas before we launch it ... for anyone that hasn't seen already we are talking about closing it about 1 month before resale bus date so it gives a chance for payments and friendships to be formed ? have we ever had an admin run it on the day who doesnt take part in the sale and just colours in the successful boxes as they get ticked off ? does that make anything easier ? just a few thoughts from me 

48 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

@vintagelaureate is just looking into some final details on the spreadsheet .... does anyone have any peals of wisdom from previous years ? ... or any ideas that might increase visibility ... we have discussed it having its own separate thread so its easily visible and accessible to all that need it .... its for everyone on here so would like any ideas before we launch it ... for anyone that hasn't seen already we are talking about closing it about 1 month before resale bus date so it gives a chance for payments and friendships to be formed ? have we ever had an admin run it on the day who doesnt take part in the sale and just colours in the successful boxes as they get ticked off ? does that make anything easier ? just a few thoughts from me 

Can we use a google docs to update? You can see live editing on that. I'd also suggest friendships of volunteers for groups before the day on resale so that we can communicate via whatsapp or something. Ideally you want something easy to do so that everyone involved is still able to hit F5. 

50 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Someone who isn’t f5’ing makes sense! Will take a lot of coordination and updating when people are successful

WHEN

2 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

Can we use a google docs to update? You can see live editing on that. I'd also suggest friendships of volunteers for groups before the day on resale so that we can communicate via whatsapp or something. Ideally you want something easy to do so that everyone involved is still able to hit F5. 

its on a google docs ... :) was just wondering if there would be any speed advantage in having one person doing the colouring ? or just leave it open for people to do themselves as they get them for others or themselves ? just mulling ideas over at the moment 

6 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

its on a google docs ... :) was just wondering if there would be any speed advantage in having one person doing the colouring ? or just leave it open for people to do themselves as they get them for others or themselves ? just mulling ideas over at the moment 

I think people doing their own would be the speediest option. If 4 or 5 groups get on at the same time 1 person could be inundated with requests. I think for each group having someone who will concentrate more on communication is useful. We usually have about 6 devices between my husband and I but I usually only try and manage one or 2 so I can concentrate on messages coming in as well and he can ignore them completely. 

Just now, gigpusher said:

I think people doing their own would be the speediest option. If 4 or 5 groups get on at the same time 1 person could be inundated with requests. I think for each group having someone who will concentrate more on communication is useful. We usually have about 6 devices between my husband and I but I usually only try and manage one or 2 so I can concentrate on messages coming in as well and he can ignore them completely. 

yep thats fair comment :) probably overthinking it , which im sure is fairly common at sale time  :) 

Just now, crazyfool1 said:

yep thats fair comment :) probably overthinking it , which im sure is fairly common at sale time  :) 

I think it's good news that they are possibly going to use the extra 7000 tickets as hopefully that means even when they deal with the problems with the locals sale there will still be some left to try for.

Just now, gigpusher said:

I think it's good news that they are possibly going to use the extra 7000 tickets as hopefully that means even when they deal with the problems with the locals sale there will still be some left to try for.

and even if people are unable to do buses as mentioned by @Big durbs a bit further back it might take pressure off the main resale a little .. potentially ... maybe ... did I mention overthinking ? :) 

1 minute ago, crazyfool1 said:

and even if people are unable to do buses as mentioned by @Big durbs a bit further back it might take pressure off the main resale a little .. potentially ... maybe ... did I mention overthinking ? :) 

Yes. I just want Kendrick Lamar to be announced so that all the people who are outraged that there are not enough white men with guitars can give up their tickets. 

• Upvote 1

My group from the main sale have our own little resale group going and ill be helping them out, they'll be in groups of 4 and are going to sort out payment after if successful. This is probably the easiest way to do it as it cuts down on trying to exchange details mid sale but it means you all have to trust each other and everybody has to have around £1100 ready to go to cover 4 tickets (more for the coach resale). Closing the group a month before is a good idea becuase it gives you all a chance to get to know each other. Maybe getting some sort of a prepaid card like a Swirl card for each group of 4, then you can each load it with £270 and share the card details among the group. Dunno if you guys have swirl cards in the UK but you'll have something similar.

2 hours ago, gigpusher said:

Yes. I just want Kendrick Lamar to be announced so that all the people who are outraged that there are not enough white men with guitars can give up their tickets. 

I actually met someone who is putting their ticket 'back' the other night - I thought these people were myths. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, vintagelaureate said:

I actually met someone who is putting their ticket 'back' the other night - I thought these people were myths. 

Hopefully just cos they've changed their mind rather than some unpleasant life event. Assuming yes then YESSSSSSSSS!!!! 

2 from my group will be throwing their coach tickets back - nothing to do with lineups or bad life stuff just more optimism than practical reality when they joined up in the first place. so the myth is real! :-)

i certainly hope those 2 end up going to 2 of those in this thread. good luck!

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Benja100 said:

I put mine back for 2015.

Mrs came off the pill the day of my mate's wedding and we did the deed that night.  Next morning was the sale & we all got tickets.  Worked the dates out & realised if she got up the duff I wouldn't be able to go so didn't have sex for 2 months.  In the meantime I'd bought 30 preg tests off eBay for £3.  When they arrived I tried one out on her & it went straight to prgnant.  We had literally had sex once, the day she came off the pill.  Daughter's due date was July 8th so couldn't go & had to cancel my ticket.  Pretty genuine reason I'd say but was gutted.  Went again in 2016 and what a shit year that was!

A couple of positives there ... the pregnancy test ... and the price ... although I don’t know what you would use a bulk buy of kits for ? :) 

Edited by crazyfool1

19 hours ago, semmtexx said:

Hopefully just cos they've changed their mind rather than some unpleasant life event. Assuming yes then YESSSSSSSSS!!!! 

Oh yeah it was just because they and I quote "didn't fancy it."

FOOLS. 

Also, @semmtexx I've had someone come off so to keep it coherent I'll just swap the details over. 

@Benja100 I'd say that's a pretty good reason to be fair!

I had to give mine up twice - 2010 and 2011 on the advice of doctors. Very genuine reasons but still absolutely gutting.

Edited by vintagelaureate

8 minutes ago, Big durbs said:

is that the Nigierian prince who has his money caught up ?? if so , im allready in contact with him and he has my bank details 🙂 lol

even worse  the  accounts a crazy fool  who is  attempting to fund some luxury offsite winnebago .... 

Edited by crazyfool1

Hi all, I'm new here... Didn't get tickets in October but are planning our entire trip around Glasto anyways for a hail mary attempt at resale tickets in April... (we're coming from Australia, first Glasto for both of us). I have a bit of a love story wrapped up in Glasto, so we're holding out the strongest of hopes that we get tickets... 

We're going for our honeymoon, and the whole reason we started dating was because we were chatting about Glasto rumors and dream line ups. We both are big Beatles fans and said seeing Paul on the Pyramid Stage would be peak festival goals (to round out our dream top 3 was Prince & Bowie, so Paul is our last hope). Anyways, we chatted for a long time about that and shamelessly flirted, which led to us dating.... now, 5 years later, we're hoping this could be a reality on our HONEYMOON!

Anyways, that's my sappy love story and why I'm here. I'll browse the thread but it's quite long, so apologies in advance if I ask stupid questions.