Resale club 2020 / 2021

Superscally

We had lined up applications for oxfam and water aid this year expecting not to get tickets. Quite simply didn’t want to miss out on the festival as the amount of glastos we have left is limited. Fully realised it meant cleaning the shit houses. Wasn’t too bothered about that or what shifts we got.  But We were lucky enough to get tickets and for that we are eternally grateful. What convinced us about volunteering was twofold, you seemed to be able to get shifts with your partner or friends and there seemed to be a good camaraderie amongst the volunteers!

Anyway as I’ve said many times, best of luck to all on here in the resale. I have spoken to one couple who are putting theirs back in the pot, not really festival goers, think the hype got to them and last years wonderful weather. They’ve decided to go to Minorca !  Their loss I say! 

Edited by Ayrshire Chris

6 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

gonna have to go back and explore some of the options available ... although im signed up oxfam info so far :) 

Worth checking everything out, I’m sure you will.  We preferred water aid as it’s the charity we contribute to on a regular basis and I’ve fund raised for them when I was working. Also the Mrs is a home carer so no stranger to a rank bog! 

2 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Worth checking everything out, I’m sure you will.  We preferred water aid as it’s the charity we contribute to on a regular basis and I’ve fund raised for them when I was working. Also the Mrs is a home carer so no stranger to a rank bog! 

need to find a time to check things out with my festival friend ...... didnt realise you had reached that stage already :) 

On 12/6/2019 at 12:39 PM, Big durbs said:

and trust me , without tickets ,the closer it gets to glasto the worse it is , by mid june you would sell your first born and grandmother for even a sunday ticket

I have been unsuccessful since my last visit in 2016 now and kind of got used to it, even considering going to Awakenings in Amsterdam that week now instead, just so I have something in the diary and no postponing my summer plans until April for the resale. 

12 minutes ago, Big durbs said:

WoW BC , i have only missed 2017 since my first visit past the hallowed gates in 2015 and that year of pain was unbearable , i cant even start to understand you pain mate , we have seriously got to get you in some how , have you thought about working your ticket or forming a tunnel committee ?

the tunnelling committee I was trying to keep underground :) 

Sometimes it's good to stick your head in and say hello...

So hello!

Sorry for my absence, I will try to be on here a little more and be a bit more positive. We've got to drag each other through till April, then bounce through till June after all! 

Hope you're all keeping well. 

Reading the last few pages; I'd love to work it but it's just not an option due to work - I struggle to get the days of as it is. I was talking to someone who works for Festaff last week and they love it, them and their partner have done wristbands for the last few years and said they wouldn't go back to being a 'punter'. 

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, vintagelaureate said:

Sometimes it's good to stick your head in and say hello...

So hello!

Sorry for my absence, I will try to be on here a little more and be a bit more positive. We've got to drag each other through till April, then bounce through till June after all! 

Hope you're all keeping well. 

Reading the last few pages; I'd love to work it but it's just not an option due to work - I struggle to get the days of as it is. I was talking to someone who works for Festaff last week and they love it, them and their partner have done wristbands for the last few years and said they wouldn't go back to being a 'punter'. 

Welcome back :) 

14 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

Ive just updated my profile to keep the attention up on the resale team ... if anyone fancies doing similar ... im sure those on here will appreciate any help forthcoming :) 

Very much so! 

surely everyone on efest reads this thread first and then delves deeper into the labyrinth of topics....?

does anyone know if there is a thread that has the positives and downsides to working  for each different organisation ? i know there is a work thread ... but do we have separate ones ? cant seem to find any ? id like to know things from the experts (on here ) and then be able to weigh things up ? simple things like camping location are important .. as are questions like do they have their own lockups ? or do you have to wait for the main ones to open ? are they likely to be all feb sign up ? .... lots of questions im mulling over and ive probably read the answers before but its a question of finding the right thread 

14 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

does anyone know if there is a thread that has the positives and downsides to working  for each different organisation ? i know there is a work thread ... but do we have separate ones ? cant seem to find any ? id like to know things from the experts (on here ) and then be able to weigh things up ? simple things like camping location are important .. as are questions like do they have their own lockups ? or do you have to wait for the main ones to open ? are they likely to be all feb sign up ? .... lots of questions im mulling over and ive probably read the answers before but its a question of finding the right thread 

A lot of this is in the volunteering thread?

Just now, SecretFish said:

I’d like to hear all this info though!! 

will have another search .... thats the one I was after ... cheers ... Id like someone thats worked for each organisation to give each one a bit of a review so I can best make a decision although im sure its all there its a question of reading through all the pages :) 

5 minutes ago, northernringo said:

If you have an android, go to the web page and click the three buttons in the top right then 'Add to Home screen' :)

I'm sure on Apple it is something similar. 

cant seem to find it ... thanks anyway im using apple browser as the app doesnt exist .... doesnt matter though :) Im like a homing pigeon to this page at the moment ...