Resale club 2020 / 2021

Superscally

5 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

It's been drawn already mate. Sorry to be the one to break the bad news. 

Ah it looks like it wasn't me who broke the bad news that makes me feel a little better. 

There is always a chance the person who won didn't respond in 24 hours so another winner may have been drawn.

2 minutes ago, SecretFish said:

ah that’s the level of optimism I love this thread for!!

Yes reminds me of a friend of a friend from uni who really fancied this girl called Sarah who had told him in no uncertain terms to fuck off because she wasn't interested and he used to say there was still a chance. 

9 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Along with optimism we do need a little realism though it’s time to move on and target the next opportunity ... which is work ? Isn’t it ? 

Yes I think I have come to terms with the fact that for me next steps are April re-sale to try and get there with my husband and friends and if I fail at that see if there are any last minute volunteering places that I can do alone or competitions. 

If by some miracle something else comes along yay but not banking on it. 

I too have been eagerly checking for emails from Waterstones, then today I had a missed called from a Bristol number that Google has no record of and I can’t call back. I don’t usually get cold calls so now I’m paranoid it was an outbound only number from someone at Glastonbury or Seetickets about the tickets from the Waterstones competition.

I know they were gonna redraw if the original winner didn’t respond within 24 hours after being contacted. This is a new high (or low...) for my desperation to not miss Glastonbury next year ??

Ive been thinking about prepay cards ... as you do in Nov for an April resale .... does anyone have any advice on these ? are they an acceptable form of payment with a bit less risk than giving out normal card number ? any that anyone can advise .... hopefully this might be of help to some others who are on the spreadsheet and nervous about the payment issue :) hope everyones enjoying a nice sunny sunday 

1 minute ago, Big durbs said:

I know I got some a few years back from a travel agent to take abroad, they were MasterCard from memory , I do remember having to state what currency the card was ie euro or usd, I assume you can preload with GBP , but might be worth sticking your head in the door to ask , the banks may do something similar these days .

i hope this helps 

yep .. will do some research before April was just wondering if anyone had experience with them ? and the site accepts them for payment 

On 11/7/2019 at 2:45 PM, pauladam said:

When was the last secret resale - anyone know? I assume this was in the immediate run up to the gates opening?
Never something Ive needed to look into as always (until now) been lucky.

Screenshot_20191110-160835_Chrome.thumb.jpg.0bee423bd41965d8b6481825cae6e361.jpg

https://theglastonburythingy.weebly.com/when-does.html

2 hours ago, Mr. B said:

Or Monzo/Sterling/Revolut would do the trick potentially?

Yes - as long as you don't take out an overdraft on the account, and obviously don't use it for your main financials if you're risking your details. I've got a Starling account which I use mainly for when I want to keep a bit of separation from my main account.. So at festivals or overseas mainly, and I can drip feed money into it as needed. It works a treat as a secondary account.

1 hour ago, crazyfool1 said:

cheers ... they take all those ? ive not been able to find it on the Glastonbury site

They're app based bank accounts that give you a standard debit card. As long as you don't take an overdraft, then the only risk is whatever cash is deposited in the account (which in this scenario would presumably be exactly the amount needed to buy tickets).

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, incident said:

Yes - as long as you don't take out an overdraft on the account, and obviously don't use it for your main financials if you're risking your details. I've got a Starling account which I use mainly for when I want to keep a bit of separation from my main account.. So at festivals or overseas mainly, and I can drip feed money into it as needed. It works a treat as a secondary account.

They're app based bank accounts that give you a standard debit card. As long as you don't take an overdraft, then the only risk is whatever cash is deposited in the account (which in this scenario would presumably be exactly the amount needed to buy tickets).

excellent ... sounds perfect for lots on here .. hopefully I might not need it but who knows :) 

Always tricky entrusting strangers with payment details, ideally stranger pays and you pay them straight back. Otherwise you hand over payment details and then after transaction has been confirmed cancel your card and get a new one sent to you, just make sure you have taken out some cash or have a spare card to see you through.

never considered the pre paid card option before, just need to double check they will work on the day.