Resale club 2020 / 2021

Superscally

52 minutes ago, Field Commander Jefferson said:

#BBSR - Bring Back Secret Resales

How do you know (or did you know) when there is (was) a secret resale out of interest as I guess they’re not (weren’t) widely publicised?

I know there hasn’t been any for a couple of years now though, just asking out of curiosity (just in case - ha!) ?

Just now, missnutmeg said:

How do you know (or did you know) when there is (was) a secret resale out of interest as I guess they’re not (weren’t) widely publicised?

I know there hasn’t been any for a couple of years now though, just asking out of curiosity (just in case - ha!) ?

page checkers I think .... or maybe it was talk on the forum when I got mine ... im not sure page checkers existed 10 years ago ... trying to remember the one @eFestivals does ... that seems to be the best one :) 

6 minutes ago, missnutmeg said:

remembered it ... checkpage.co.uk :) 

13 hours ago, nusha said:

Also....I've jut done the first of my daily checks on the See tickets page and got to a booking page asking for up to 4 registrations for deposit payments.  Of course I tried and got a message says admission tickets currently unavailable!!  Bit strange though - why has it changed from 6 to 4 tickets and why for deposits only?? I know the April resale will be for 4 tickets only but payment in full will be due straight away - no deposits.  Is something going to happen between now and then??

https://glastonbury.seetickets.com/event/glastonbury-2020-deposits/worthy-farm/1450000

The page resurfaced as the winners of the ballot were announced.
I guess the winners were allowed to use their registration numbers in this sale and thus bypass the "Admission tickets are currently unavailable" message.

16 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

it's currently disabled, as See started including something to mess it up. I need to find time to programme a work-around so i can get it running again.

I may be completely wide of the mark with this but if they’re actually going to the lengths of putting something in to mess up page checkers could that mean they’re going to do secret sales again this year? Just not sure why they would bother otherwise?

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, DareToDibble said:

I may be completely wide of the mark with this but if they’re actually going to the lengths of putting something in to mess up page checkers could that mean they’re going to do secret sales again this year? Just not sure why they would bother otherwise?

ha ha .. simultaneous post .. see above :) 

11 minutes ago, DareToDibble said:

Just not sure why they would bother otherwise?

i guess their remit with glasto tickets is to try and make the sales process as equal as possible, and if they spot something going on which might be being used to give an advantage they'll act against it. And I guess checkpage would stand out, as i strongly suspect it's the most-regular visitor to that particular page.

Alternatively (tho less likely, I think), is that the guy from glasto that runs the ticketing might have told see to crack down on it, as he's aware of checkpage's existence (cos I asked him how he'd feel if people were using it [not particularly happy was the short answer, tho that was several years ago]). 

Which ever it is, it's annoying that it's been blocked, but I'm not really annoyed at them for blocking it. It's something they're entitled to do and there'll be fair reasoning behind it.

Anyway, I think I can fix it. Will hopefully get that done soon.

Edited by eFestivals

2 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

i guess their remit with glasto tickets is to try and make the sales process as equal as possible, and if they spot something going on which might be being used to give an advantage they'll act against it. And I guess checkpage would stand out, as i strongly suspect it's the most-regular visitor to that particular page.

Alternatively (tho less likely, I think), is that the guy from glasto that runs the ticketing might have told see to crack down on it, as he's aware of checkpage's existence (cos I asked him how he'd feel if people were using it [not particularly happy was the short answer, tho that was several years ago]). 

Which ever it is, it's annoying that it's been blocked, but I'm not really annoyed at them for blocking it. It's something they're entitled to do and there's fair reasoning behind it.

but pointless unless they plan on doing them   in the future ? 

Edited by crazyfool1

1 hour ago, netspy said:

https://glastonbury.seetickets.com/event/glastonbury-2020-deposits/worthy-farm/1450000

The page resurfaced as the winners of the ballot were announced.
I guess the winners were allowed to use their registration numbers in this sale and thus bypass the "Admission tickets are currently unavailable" message.

Quite likely, they do that from time to time, I was on a limited page last March when as a guest of FMS it would accept my registration number but wouldn't of course allow anything that wasn't registered with them. It's a lovely experience to go through the usual ticket buying system with no time pressure at all!