Resale club 2020 / 2021

Superscally

Picked up mine (signed by Michael & Emily) from Waterstones this morning. Then found another one in our porch when I got back. Checking my email history, turns out I ordered one back in June and totally forgot about it. Oh well, 2 entries in the ballot I guess ....

6 minutes ago, Mackem said:

Picked up mine (signed by Michael & Emily) from Waterstones this morning. Then found another one in our porch when I got back. Checking my email history, turns out I ordered one back in June and totally forgot about it. Oh well, 2 entries in the ballot I guess ....

just the one entry im afraid .... a few people seem to have ended up with 2 copies if its any consolation .... maybe use the second copy for if you happen to come into contact with emily or Michael at any stage ... and has been mentioned it would make a superb xmas present for someone 

Edited by crazyfool1

6 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

just the one entry im afraid .... a few people seem to have ended up with 2 copies if its any consolation .... maybe use the second copy for if you happen to come into contact with emily or Michael at any stage ... and has been mentioned it would make a superb xmas present for someone 

It's going to be a  birthday present for my mate who's been to every Glasto with me since 2000. As soon as we failed on T-Day his wife announced they were going on holiday over Glasto. He was weak and didn't put up a fight. So this'll remind him what he's missing when I'm there with my ticket in the resale :)

6 days from tomorrow.. 

A random draw of all valid entries will take place within six working days after the closing date stated above to select the fifty winners. The winners will be notified by telephone or email, and MUST respond within 7 days of the date of contact. If any selected winner does not meet any or all of the entry conditions or refuses the offer or fails to respond 7 days, the Promoter may in its discretion select another entrant at random from the remaining eligible entries as soon as practicable as a replacement and to become a winner.

3 minutes ago, SecretFish said:

6 days from tomorrow.. 

A random draw of all valid entries will take place within six working days after the closing date stated above to select the fifty winners. The winners will be notified by telephone or email, and MUST respond within 7 days of the date of contact. If any selected winner does not meet any or all of the entry conditions or refuses the offer or fails to respond 7 days, the Promoter may in its discretion select another entrant at random from the remaining eligible entries as soon as practicable as a replacement and to become a winner.

From Monday. 

Screenshot_20191031-094623.png

3 hours ago, SecretFish said:

6 days from tomorrow.. 

Do they have our phone numbers for the ballot? ?

Assuming the email address will be as See Tickets?

2 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

ill quite happily take 50 ....ill take one for the team :) 

On the topic of people putting down their ticket buddie as fellow ballot entrant. I thought I'd mention that I didn't do this myself. I reasoned, rightly or wrongly, that if there were 200 ballot entrants and 100 of those were efesters, then we would all have one half of a chance of winning a ballot ticket. I then reasoned that this 50% chance of an efester winning would reduce to, about, a 33% chance of the same thing happening, if everyone doubled up. That is if 150 ballot entries were submitted and only 50 of those were efesters, as would be the case if we entered in pairs, then, we would only stand one third of a chance of anyone, of our lot, winning a ballot ticket. In summary this would, make us all roughly 20% less likely of winning.

This is why I entered the ballot solo. I'm interested  in how other people reasoned.?

Edited by stt11
spelling

3 minutes ago, stt11 said:

On the topic of people putting down their ticket buddie as fellow ballot entrant. I thought I'd mention that I didn't do this myself. I reasoned, rightly or wrongly, that if there were 200 ballot entrants and 100 of those were efesters, then we would all have one half of a chance of winning a ballot ticket. I then reasoned that this 50% chance of an efester winning would reduce to, about, a 33% chance of the same thing happening, if everyone doubled up. That is if 150 ballot entries were submitted and only 50 of those were efesters, as would be the case if we entered in pairs, then, we would only stand one third of a chance of anyone, of our lot, winning a ballot ticket. In summary this would, make us all roughly 20% less likely of winning.

This is why I entered the ballot solo. I'm interested  in how other people reasoned.?

But if you are a single reg and your name comes out of the ballot only you get a ticket they don't draw extra ones which means a chance for somebody else who really wants to go has been wasted. 

1 minute ago, gigpusher said:

But if you are a single reg and your name comes out of the ballot only you get a ticket they don't draw extra ones which means a chance for somebody else who really wants to go has been wasted. 

I thought that at first. But then I thought that by doubling up I would decrease the, overall, efester ballot success rate. I felt bad about this, so I entered on my own.

1 minute ago, stt11 said:

I thought that at first. But then I thought that by doubling up I would decrease the, overall, efester ballot success rate. I felt bad about this, so I entered on my own.

I think you might have thought about it too deeply and if you do win a ballot place you will be gutted that you didn't give someone else that chance of getting a ticket as well. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, missnutmeg said:

Do they have our phone numbers for the ballot? ?

Assuming the email address will be as See Tickets?

I'm concerned about this as I'm going to the US on Wednesday for 10 days and have bought a temporary sim card to take instead so won't be on my normal number.  Surely it's more likely to be an email?  I never have any luck though so it's unlikely I'll get a phone call or email anyway - will take my usual sim just in case though now ?