Resale club 2020 / 2021

Superscally

23 hours ago, eFestivals said:

who knows? If they're secret no one will know there's been a sale unless the page is being tracked. :P 

There's been a few people tracking some pages for the last few weeks but it's triggered off a load of alerts just now, cos a full stop is being added-in and out of the page (at least for checkpage, if not for other viewers of the page. I can't replicate it outside of checkpage.).

I've had to turn it off for the moment.

I'll have a think about what I can do over the weekend.

Hopefully you drop any changes under a certain size so any minor edits like correcting a typo or adding a full stop get ignored and you just flag the big changes.

15 hours ago, morph100 said:

Hopefully you drop any changes under a certain size so any minor edits like correcting a typo or adding a full stop get ignored and you just flag the big changes.

I've thought of an easy solution to fix it, but I'm thinking it might be worth waiting a bit before I do that as I reckon they're likely to look next week at whether it's still blocked.

Just a quick update - the spreadsheet is approaching 100 names, mainly grouped up - I can send the link to view etc. but I don't think it's worth publically sharing yet to add contact / payment info etc. as we're months out from the resale. 

I would advise if possible to try and team up with other efesters/groups to increase your chances of you're currently less than a 4! 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, vintagelaureate said:

Just a quick update - the spreadsheet is approaching 100 names, mainly grouped up - I can send the link to view etc. but I don't think it's worth publically sharing yet to add contact / payment info etc. as we're months out from the resale. 

I would advise if possible to try and team up with other efesters/groups to increase your chances of you're currently less than a 4! 

Welcome back :) 

3 minutes ago, Madyaker said:

Impossible to even estimate really. We've no idea how many tickets there are or how many people are trying. I suspect like the main sale it gets harder every year though. Maybe your odds are a bit better as there's surely a lot less people trying?

you have to obviously take out the previously successful 100,000 plus and take away  some that will have sorted out other plans or sorted out work ... there will be some that will decide to register and go for it but those will be far outweighed by those that give up .... fingers crossed 

11 minutes ago, morph100 said:

How much more difficult would you estimate the resale is compared to the normal general sale? 10 times harder?

Impossible to answer, and I've never tried it for myself.

The two times I've tried it: 

For the 2017 resale, I got through almost instantly and bought @Yoghurt on a Stick's tickets. I then got back through for someone one else on here. I then got back through again but by the time I got to payment paid was sold out. 

For 2019 resale, took ages to get through. Entered all @DareToDibble's details including payment and the next screen never loaded. The URL said "successful checkout" or something similar, which I took a screenshot of, but the page never loaded. Obviously, as is known, see didn't honour it and he won the efests comp. 

52 minutes ago, morph100 said:

How much more difficult would you estimate the resale is compared to the normal general sale? 10 times harder?

Actually now I think the resale probably harder. The general sale gets harder every year because there's more people trying. But in the resale not only is there more people trying every year but you have to assume the number of tickets is decreasing also which makes the odds even shorter.

Edit: sorry just realised what thread this is im not trying to be a downer

Edited by Madyaker

However short the odds we will do our best to beat them, power in numbers.

ive already offered services to @crazyfool1 and whoever is in his group but if I get through more than once will work through the spreadsheet.

Hopefully most people have given up and booked holidays and the like instead!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, morph100 said:

ive already offered services to @crazyfool1 and whoever is in his group but if I get through more than once will work through the spreadsheet.

Indeed and thanks again 

22 minutes ago, morph100 said:

All help will be appreciated. It is hard being in resale limbo. 

2 hours ago, morph100 said:

Can I sound a more optimistic note?! I’ve always been very lucky in the main sale (until this year!) but on the few occasions I’ve helped friends in the resale I’ve found it no harder - key difference being it seemed to sell out more quickly. Anecdotally I’d say most people give up after the main sale (my usual crowd, used to me getting tickets for them, have already booked holidays/planned alternatives!). So although there are far fewer tickets I’d guess the numbers competing for them are lower in equal proportion (efesters representing a much higher proportion of the resale). What I’d be interested in is how the coach sale compares - with so few to let’s left divided between those coach points I’d imagine it will be far harder to get what you want even if you get through. Say you decide to go for 4 from Plymouth - what are the chances 4 people from there have cancelled? Slim I’d think

3 hours ago, Mackem said:

Can I sound a more optimistic note?! I’ve always been very lucky in the main sale (until this year!) but on the few occasions I’ve helped friends in the resale I’ve found it no harder - key difference being it seemed to sell out more quickly. Anecdotally I’d say most people give up after the main sale (my usual crowd, used to me getting tickets for them, have already booked holidays/planned alternatives!). So although there are far fewer tickets I’d guess the numbers competing for them are lower in equal proportion (efesters representing a much higher proportion of the resale). What I’d be interested in is how the coach sale compares - with so few to let’s left divided between those coach points I’d imagine it will be far harder to get what you want even if you get through. Say you decide to go for 4 from Plymouth - what are the chances 4 people from there have cancelled? Slim I’d think

Gosh just looked at this - that's the biggest font I've ever seen ?

Ive been thinking about the buses as well. Theres three lots of six of us.i normally get the bus on my own. So out of one lot of six how many will want to come down to London and travel from there, should it be encouraged or are we better off splitting into smaller groups 2/4? What are the chances of six seats coming up on the same bus? Minimum I reckon.

2 minutes ago, angelin said:

Ive been thinking about the buses as well. Theres three lots of six of us.i normally get the bus on my own. So out of one lot of six how many will want to come down to London and travel from there, should it be encouraged or are we better off splitting into smaller groups 2/4? What are the chances of six seats coming up on the same bus? Minimum I reckon.

It’s 4 in the resale so will need to chop down anyway ... I still reckon I only got 2 bus ones in first sale because it was 2 and easier than getting a 4 ...that’s what I tell myself anyway 

21 hours ago, morph100 said:

Exactly. The spreadsheet is a great idea and if you can get everyone here working together your chances are pretty good. If I’m free around resale time I will try and help people. 

I'd like to volunteer. I like the idea of it being a different experience and it being a way of saving money. But I'm worried there won't be enough volunteer places. In which case I suppose I'll have to try the resale. I don't mind going on a spreadsheet, at the moment, but I'll need to find a group of four, to be a part of. So it's probably best if I wait until someone posts the list. Then I'll just put my name on it.

If someone wants to put me on a list now, that's fine by me. If you group me up, then I've got names to share ticket prizes ??with, if I win competitions etc. But then that would stop me giving them to people that reply on blogs, I write on, which would seem unfair. Either way I don't mind waiting for a spreadsheet.?