Resale club 2020 / 2021

Superscally

33 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

erm ... no I tried and was successful for friends probably one of my earliest purchases wed after 10 mins .... but stupidly didnt include myself and friend as I was confident with main sale .... oops ... give me a shout if successful ... might be able to help with parking a short taxi drive away 

That’s confidence right there!

28 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

erm ... no I tried and was successful for friends probably one of my earliest purchases wed after 10 mins .... but stupidly didnt include myself and friend as I was confident with main sale .... oops ... give me a shout if successful ... might be able to help with parking a short taxi drive away 

?‍♂️ Thanks for the offer - very kind. We always stay off site at Croscombe so my plan atm would be to leave the car and get the train to Taunton to pick up the coach. But we'll see - many a slip blah blah blah. Was it easy to get seats from T? How many?

7 minutes ago, Mackem said:

?‍♂️ Thanks for the offer - very kind. We always stay off site at Croscombe so my plan atm would be to leave the car and get the train to Taunton to pick up the coach. But we'll see - many a slip blah blah blah. Was it easy to get seats from T? How many?

Only got 2 ... I like to persuade myself that the reason I got in :) 

Fingers crossed for everyone looking to get them next year. For this year's festival me and 2 mates ended up with tickets last minute with one of my mates winning a pair in the Guardian competition. I had lined up a working place only to come across a ticket a couple of days before. 

5 hours ago, northernringo said:

Out of interest, when do the competitions tend to start up? I'm aware of the Waterstones one already!

A lot were after the resale this year, the Guardian one, if they do it again, is 2 weeks of buying the newspaper and scanning your barcode you register for. 

20 minutes ago, Yeo-vile idiot said:

That widely used loop hole was all but closed this year with the addition of QR codes added to them. 

an acquaintance who volunteers for a carnival club said he would be able to give me his wristband and that he legitamently doesnt use it .. hes happy to volunteer and let me go in ... hes a bit of a story teller so im not so sure 

1 hour ago, crazyfool1 said:

an acquaintance who volunteers for a carnival club said he would be able to give me his wristband and that he legitamently doesnt use it .. hes happy to volunteer and let me go in ... hes a bit of a story teller so im not so sure 

Risky?

Edited by SecretFish

It’s funny that the years when you get a ticket, you have a few days of post-success buzz and then let it drift towards the back of your mind until the new year when the rumours really start developing... however this year when I don’t have one, I can’t stop thinking about the bloody place! 

So I’ve registered with Oxfam and entered the ballot and pre-ordered the book and am keeping everything crossed to be lucky in early November. If not (most probably!) then a long winter awaits and we wait for the spring and the next chances...

20 minutes ago, mario man said:

It’s funny that the years when you get a ticket, you have a few days of post-success buzz and then let it drift towards the back of your mind until the new year when the rumours really start developing... however this year when I don’t have one, I can’t stop thinking about the bloody place! 

So I’ve registered with Oxfam and entered the ballot and pre-ordered the book and am keeping everything crossed to be lucky in early November. If not (most probably!) then a long winter awaits and we wait for the spring and the next chances...

Exactly!   ...resale ...Guardian prize draw (I bet sales will go through the roof when that one comes around)...etc etc

Also...perfect opportunity for scam-artists offering prize tickets :(

30 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

it might be .. but it won't cost me anything ... its just relying on it ... its probably going to be one of last options ... I just wanted to find out if this type of wristband was available to carnival clubs still ? 

Ah makes sense. Keep all options open. I presume you have a priority order for such things

24 minutes ago, mario man said:

I'm certainly on here a lot more than last year!

I do this that quiet glee that having a ticket means. Esp last year when I kept it quiet from my family

On 10/14/2019 at 3:39 PM, crazyfool1 said:

Plans 1a and 1b complete ..... whats everyone else doing to get to the farm ? whos investigating which ways of getting to the farm ?  

Signed up for every volunteering option I can find, ordered the book some time ago, entered the ballot.. watching for any competitions and looking at glamping options, I'm sure some resale club peeps ended up buying what seemed to me at the time to be quite reasonable glamping with ticket options last year really late on but looking back through the threads I may have imagined it.

Just now, Pipine said:

Signed up for every volunteering option I can find, ordered the book some time ago, entered the ballot.. watching for any competitions and looking at glamping options, I'm sure some resale club peeps ended up buying what seemed to me at the time to be quite reasonable glamping with ticket options last year really late on but looking back through the threads I may have imagined it.

I must have missed this last year. What glamping options were there? ££?

1 hour ago, Big durbs said:

I was looking at glamping options for a friend, cheapest I could find was £7.5k inc two hospitality ticket, going up to £12.5k ! 

Daft thing was , we looked a day later and they were SOLD OUT!

That's a lot of cash. Don't understand how people can spend that sort of money. I'm keen but not 7.5k keen! 

Hey everyone - long time member but minimal poster here....

I didn't manage to get tickets in the main sale and subsequently sent begging letters to See tickets and Glastonbury as I thought I was really deserving of pity tickets but turns out really I'm just one of many (thousands) with the similar cases to plead....

nothing special about mine but here goes...I went to the festival for many years before emigrating to Australia in 2009.  I had small kids with me at the 2005 and 2007 festivals when you could swim to the pyramid stage with all the rain we had and I still came back again and again as my love for the festival is so huge.  Leaving my family to live in Australia was tough but also knowing I was giving up my annual Glastonbury fix was a close second.  We came home for a visit in 2014 (It takes a long time to save to fly 4 of you home) and we luckily secured Glastonbury tickets from Oz in the October sale prior.  That was a great festival - we reunited with long time friends and had a blast and the kids got to experience it as teenagers and we got our freedom back a bit.

Next year I too am 50 and the plan was always to come back for Glastonbury's 50th.  This was my first appeal 'cos obviously I'm the only person who wants to attend the 50th Glastonbury and also turning 50 myself.....but, apparently it's not just me..there's others!

Next issue is that I've booked flights and a campervan as you have to get in quick to get the deals. I was not too worried about securing tickets...I've never failed...Mistake 2!  I got through and had all details entered on ticket day before the site crashed which made failure harder to take.

So here I am with a bucket list dream, a big birthday to celebrate, flights from Australia to the UK booked, a campervan booked and 4 weeks holiday....with no tickets ?   It could be 5 years or more before we can afford to come back so trying again next year or the year after isn't an option for us.

So now we're trying all options....We've ordered the book (to Mum's house as you have to be UK resident to go in the draw), entered the ballot and registered for Oxfam and Festaff (but will struggle to do the 2 festivals option for Festaff so may only have Oxfam as an option). 

I've had lovely emails back from See and the Festival but they're not going to help out as they've had  thousands of similar requests

We'll try again in April too but it's such limbo isn't it. 

I keep telling myself if I'm meant to be there fate will get me there. That and tips from this awesome forum....it's got me to 2 or 3 festivals in the past with booking day tips and links.

Anyway...there's my sob story....Good luck everyone

21 minutes ago, nusha said:

Hey everyone - long time member but minimal poster here....

I didn't manage to get tickets in the main sale and subsequently sent begging letters to See tickets and Glastonbury as I thought I was really deserving of pity tickets but turns out really I'm just one of many (thousands) with the similar cases to plead....

nothing special about mine but here goes...I went to the festival for many years before emigrating to Australia in 2009.  I had small kids with me at the 2005 and 2007 festivals when you could swim to the pyramid stage with all the rain we had and I still came back again and again as my love for the festival is so huge.  Leaving my family to live in Australia was tough but also knowing I was giving up my annual Glastonbury fix was a close second.  We came home for a visit in 2014 (It takes a long time to save to fly 4 of you home) and we luckily secured Glastonbury tickets from Oz in the October sale prior.  That was a great festival - we reunited with long time friends and had a blast and the kids got to experience it as teenagers and we got our freedom back a bit.

Next year I too am 50 and the plan was always to come back for Glastonbury's 50th.  This was my first appeal 'cos obviously I'm the only person who wants to attend the 50th Glastonbury and also turning 50 myself.....but, apparently it's not just me..there's others!

Next issue is that I've booked flights and a campervan as you have to get in quick to get the deals. I was not too worried about securing tickets...I've never failed...Mistake 2!  I got through and had all details entered on ticket day before the site crashed which made failure harder to take.

So here I am with a bucket list dream, a big birthday to celebrate, flights from Australia to the UK booked, a campervan booked and 4 weeks holiday....with no tickets ?   It could be 5 years or more before we can afford to come back so trying again next year or the year after isn't an option for us.

So now we're trying all options....We've ordered the book (to Mum's house as you have to be UK resident to go in the draw), entered the ballot and registered for Oxfam and Festaff (but will struggle to do the 2 festivals option for Festaff so may only have Oxfam as an option). 

I've had lovely emails back from See and the Festival but they're not going to help out as they've had  thousands of similar requests

We'll try again in April too but it's such limbo isn't it. 

I keep telling myself if I'm meant to be there fate will get me there. That and tips from this awesome forum....it's got me to 2 or 3 festivals in the past with booking day tips and links.

Anyway...there's my sob story....Good luck everyone

Hey nusha! Welcome to the 50@50 club! There now a separate thread on here for maturing souls like us.

Unfortunately like me we will all have to go through the months of planning and plotting to get tickets any way possible. Prize draws and ballots are one thing, but the resale is the best hope for attending without having to go down the volunteering route (which isn't a bad thing, but we all want time to be our own at the festival).

So make sure you team up on the resale. Either get your own group(s) together and draft in plenty of F5 soldiers to try to get through, or goto page 17 on this thread and email your details in to get added to the eFestivals resale spreadsheet where people on here will come together to assist on the day.

I'm in the same boat....exploring every avenue....desperate!

Good luck!