Resale club 2020 / 2021

Superscally

30 minutes ago, Beerqueen said:

I know what you mean but although I drink a lot while I'm there, I don't do other party stuff so I think I'll cope.  Others have said they'll never go again unless they volunteer but while I'm prepared to try it, I think I'd always rather go as a punter - I think it'd be different if I was struggling financially but I'm lucky enough that the ticket price isn't an issue. 

My main issue is annual leave - and if I have to use more to be there as a volunteer, I will have to juggle something somewhere else I think.  But am definitely prepared to give it a go this year - would like to do the banding with festaff as the shifts are good but would be prepared to do anything.  It also helps that I often just want to see smaller things and generally bimble which isn't affected by what time of day it happens.

And if getting on and off site is easier, that's a bonus too!

I feel positively positive about it all now!

Positive is good!! Annual leave is an issue for me as well but hey ho... has to be done, doesn’t it!!??

8 minutes ago, SecretFish said:

Positive is good!! Annual leave is an issue for me as well but hey ho... has to be done, doesn’t it!!??

I usually have loads of annual leave but I am planning a long holiday with my husband as well next annual leave year which will leave me a bit strapped .  It may also mean most of my holiday is used up by the end of festival season (I go to 4 usually - each is completely different to the others and with different friends so can't imagine not going to any of them).  So might mean no holiday from September to February which seems like a long time.  Hark at me I sound like a right spoilt bitch really I guess!  

5 minutes ago, Beerqueen said:

I usually have loads of annual leave but I am planning a long holiday with my husband as well next annual leave year which will leave me a bit strapped .  It may also mean most of my holiday is used up by the end of festival season (I go to 4 usually - each is completely different to the others and with different friends so can't imagine not going to any of them).  So might mean no holiday from September to February which seems like a long time.  Hark at me I sound like a right spoilt bitch really I guess!  

Surely it’s a matter of doing whatever is required to enjoy? 
not spoilt... jealous! 

10 minutes ago, SecretFish said:

Surely it’s a matter of doing whatever is required to enjoy? 

Definitely!  

I did say that if I didn't get a ticket this year I would go to a new festival with a friend who can't do Glasto as it's too big for her to cope with health wise.  Even researched what one it would be.  But now it's happened, I can't let Glasto go without a fight!

39 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Plans 1a and 1b complete ..... whats everyone else doing to get to the farm ? whos investigating which ways of getting to the farm ?  

volunteering at the moment. Registered and signed up to anything any everything. Chatting to whoever I can.

Tips welcome (in case you haven't gathered haha)

1 minute ago, SecretFish said:

volunteering at the moment. Registered and signed up to anything any everything. Chatting to whoever I can.

Tips welcome (in case you haven't gathered haha)

actually that chatting to whoever is quite a good one ... ive been potentially offered some wristbands  by someone who works for a local carnival club doing security  (his ) as he doesnt go in  .... think its unlikely at this stage as hes a bit of story teller but it follows the talking to people theme ... and it does help being localish too .... think I saw you on the spreadsheet didnt I ?

3 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

actually that chatting to whoever is quite a good one ... ive been potentially offered some wristbands  by someone who works for a local carnival club doing security  (his ) as he doesnt go in  .... think its unlikely at this stage as hes a bit of story teller but it follows the talking to people theme ... and it does help being localish too .... think I saw you on the spreadsheet didnt I ?

Yeah I’m on the spreadsheet. Happy to help others whilst hopefully (dare I say it) helping myself. 

sounds like chatting to people works - the Somerset way! ?

55 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Plans 1a and 1b complete ..... whats everyone else doing to get to the farm ? whos investigating which ways of getting to the farm ?  

So far just preordering the book and entering the ballot!

Been away for a few days on holiday so missed the spreadsheet chat, what is it about?

Edited by northernringo

3 minutes ago, SecretFish said:

Yeah I’m on the spreadsheet. Happy to help others whilst hopefully (dare I say it) helping myself. 

sounds like chatting to people works - the Somerset way! ?

id still like to find out if people are given slip on slip off wristbands in these days of added security ... where in Somerset are you ? 

14 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

just wondered as im yet to come across many on here from Taunton ... just the one as far as im aware :) 

Ah true. I used to know a chap who was an avid glasto attendee from Taunton.. but he moved to Australia. I won’t read into that! ?

17 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

So far I’ve done ballot, book and keeping an eye on what volunteering opportunities there are out there.

Maybe I should flood the farm with hand written letters of please let me in and eventually they may have pity on me ?

Apart from that I’m interested if anyone knows of more ways.

19 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

just wondered as im yet to come across many on here from Taunton ... just the one other  as far as im aware :) 

Did you try and fail for coach? I ask because i was thinking of trying Taunton as my first option if i get through in the resale and wondered if there were likely to be many returns/seats. I'd be driving from London!

19 minutes ago, Mackem said:

Did you try and fail for coach? I ask because i was thinking of trying Taunton as my first option if i get through in the resale and wondered if there were likely to be many returns/seats. I'd be driving from London!

erm ... no I tried and was successful for friends probably one of my earliest purchases wed after 10 mins .... but stupidly didnt include myself and friend as I was confident with main sale .... oops ... give me a shout if successful ... might be able to help with parking a short taxi drive away 

3 hours ago, Puttycat1 said:

So far I’ve done ballot, book and keeping an eye on what volunteering opportunities there are out there.

Maybe I should flood the farm with hand written letters of please let me in and eventually they may have pity on me ?

Apart from that I’m interested if anyone knows of more ways.

how did you know my plan 1b ? :) 

8 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

erm ... no I tried and was successful for friends probably one of my earliest purchases wed after 10 mins .... but stupidly didnt include myself and friend as I was confident with main sale .... oops ... give me a shout if successful ... might be able to help with parking a short taxi drive away 

This was a bold move!!