Resale club 2020 / 2021

Superscally

maybe I could blackmail emily when her crew made me literally jump out of the flipping way from her off road vichicle she and a few other was in, almost ran me over (can't remember the year, but i was at the back of the other stage watching (whilst walking) elbow at the other stage)

they didnt even notice!!!

On 10/7/2019 at 4:05 PM, StoneCircle said:

Thanks for the offer, I am already in a ticket group so can't join another one as it's unfair to others. We do ours on a Google spreadsheet by invitation only. The best advice I can give is to ensure you group people into 4's to maximise your chances in the resale and have a "tickets got" value cell  to change it to yes so helpers can quickly see who needs help. Our group of 193 managed 97 yesterday and Thursday combined. The biggest problem with the resale is everyone having 4 x full payment in your bank account! Good luck and shout out if I can help you in any way. 

How do you add new people to the list? I’d be interested! 

13 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

its a first draught with a few ideas put together ... any thoughts?

shorter. Short.

C'mon, think about this would work if you were in Michael's position. You wouldn't be sat there reading thru long begging letters day after day, you'd give them a quick glance at most, and then read a bit longer for anything that managed to grab your attention with that first glance.

13 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

its a first draught with a few ideas put together ... any thoughts?

IMG_5161.jpeg

IMG_5162.jpeg

Really hope you have some luck with this, one year I met a couple who missed out and wrote a letter pleading to get in, it worked for them. 

Charm x

Just now, eFestivals said:

shorter. Short.

C'mon, think about this would work if you were in Michael's position. You wouldn't be sat there reading thru long begging letters day after day, you'd give them a quick glance at most, and then read a bit longer for anything that managed to grab your attention with that first glance.

Cheers boss .. what should I cull ? :) was taking it to a group meeting tonight ... definately going to include some photos and links to bbc and Somerset live articles though 

10 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Fills me with hope. Thanks charm x 

Found this on the website, send the letter and apply this way, agree with Neil about making the letter shorter and enclose loads of pictures. 

Charm x

https://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/contact/performing-and-exhibiting/

Edited by Charm
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Cheers boss .. what should I cull ? :) was taking it to a group meeting tonight ... definately going to include some photos and links to bbc and Somerset live articles though 

What you should cull is your choice.

Me, i'd say the more you say &/or send the less likely it is to be read. Michael isn't just sat there doing nothing, waiting for your letter to fill his time. Keep this at the top of your mind!

5 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

PS: if you really want to send a long letter with attachments, then do a short one too, and then you're (in theory) doubling your chances.

Just don't send both on the same day, or make both look the same by (for example) doing them in the same pen.

:) .. superb :) 

Been moping around since Sunday. Was adamant I wasn't going to bother trying in the resale due to the fear of being hurt again but I've finally pulled myself together & that Diana Ross announcement has helped me refocus my eyes right back on the prize

6 months to build my index muscles up for the big one in April - let's fucking have it!

Edited by BOBBY_FIRMINO
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, BOBBY_FIRMINO said:

Been moping around since Sunday. Was adamant I wasn't going to bother trying in the resale due to the fear of being hurt again but I've finally pulled myself together & that Diana Ross announcement has helped me refocus my eyes right back on the prize

6 months to build my index muscles up for the big one in April - let's fucking have it!

I always said I would never try in the resales but the moment I failed I knew I had to have a go.  Will make other plans and book a couple of small festivals just in case the worst happens but feeling really positive, we can do this, wishing you lots of luck. 

Charm x

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BOBBY_FIRMINO said:

dust ourselves off and go again mate. we can do this.

The Diana Ross announcement has me raring to go

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Charm said:

I always said I would never try in the resales but the moment I failed I knew I had to have a go.  Will make other plans and book a couple of small festivals just in case the worst happens but feeling really positive, we can do this, wishing you lots of luck. 

Charm x

Why didn’t you want to do the resale?

8 hours ago, blutarsky said:

How do you add new people to the list? I’d be interested! 

Ask the person running the spreadsheet by reading through the thread lower down, it is nothing to do with me.

Edited by StoneCircle

3 hours ago, Charm said:

Charm x

Same, most of my mates are already sorted so I'd rather fail with the peace of mind knowing that I did everything I could to be there, because I know if I passed up on the chance to bag another ticket I'd feel sick by the time the festival comes round!

Very best of luck to yourself too!

1 hour ago, SecretFish said:

Why didn’t you want to do the resale?

The stress of it, especially the secret sales,  have really felt for everyone in previous years who didn’t make it, thought I couldn’t do that to myself but now it’s happened I really don’t care, just want to be there. 

Charm x

Edited by Charm

14 minutes ago, Charm said:

The stress of it, especially the secret sales,  have really felt for everyone in previous years who didn’t make it, thought I couldn’t do that to myself but now it’s happened I really don’t care, just want to be there. 

Charm x

Think money / planning has a lot to do with it too. A lot of people will weigh up if it's worth keeping a few hundred quid aside til the middle of April when it could all essentially be for nothing. People also like to get their summer plans sorted fairly early & might have to pass up on other opportunities because they're holding out for the possibility of a Glasto ticket, which I imagine is a pretty stressful decision to make too

Edited by BOBBY_FIRMINO

19 minutes ago, Charm said:

Charm x

There hasn't been a secret re-sale since 2016, think any hope of one of them is over.