Resale club 2020 / 2021

Superscally

3 hours ago, Charm said:

Sorry to hear this, don’t think you did anything wrong, I refresh before 9am and this method usually works for me too, just proves how random the whole process is. 

Really hope you get lucky in the resales. 

Charm x

Thanks Charm! x 

I don’t think it’s sunk in that I’ve not got a ticket so I’m staying fully positive for the resale! 

Right everyone, you have all had a couple of days to wallow in doom and gloom, but now is the time for positivity.

Last year I was in exactly the same position as you all are now and it was a thoroughly horrible experience, I know exactly how you are all feeling. 

But I checked into resale club last year and told everyone in there that I would be going to the festival no matter what, I would find a way. In the end I managed to get a ticket in the coach resale, 20 minutes after the sold out sign went up.

Whether it is resales or working, there are ways to get in, it just depends how much you want it. Don't give up hope and stay positive.

Its not over yet.

• Upvote 6

4 minutes ago, eastynh said:

Right everyone, you have all had a couple of days to wallow in doom and gloom, but now is the time for positivity.

Last year I was in exactly the same position as you all are now and it was a thoroughly horrible experience, I know exactly how you are all feeling. 

But I checked into resale club last year and told everyone in there that I would be going to the festival no matter what, I would find a way. In the end I managed to get a ticket in the coach resale, 20 minutes after the sold out sign went up.

Whether it is resales or working, there are ways to get in, it just depends how much you want it. Don't give up hope and stay positive.

Its not over yet.

20 minutes???? No way!!!!

4 minutes ago, eastynh said:

20 minutes mate, coach ticket from Lincoln.

Whaaaat!! I tried persistently going back and forth from the reg page for friends on Sunday but the ‘no event found’ made me think it was a gonner. How did you do it?

Edited by ledwards

10 minutes ago, eastynh said:

Its not over yet.

Thanks lovely, been feeling pretty miserable and it’s helped to read that, really want to be there, just can’t imagine my summer without the festival.

Charm x 

Edited by Charm

1 minute ago, ledwards said:

Whaaaat!! I tried persistently going back and forth from the reg page for friends on Sunday but the ‘no event found’ made me think it was a gonner. How did you do it?

Oh the Glastonbury ticketing website. She’s moves in mysterious ways! Never fail to be amazed by stories of people that sneak into the promised land right at the death (and some time after!). There is hope ?

• Upvote 1

Just now, ledwards said:

Whaaaat!! I tried persistently going back and forth from the reg page for friends on Sunday but the ‘no event found’ made me think it was a gonner 

We all tried it on Sunday, as only one person got through for 6 tickets out of our group. We kept getting that event not found page. I have no idea what happened last year. I got up and went to Asda when the sold out sign came up. Came back and had loads of missed calls and messages in our Whattsapp group. One of my mates had kept going and managed to get tickets for me and him.  Someones payment must have failed or something, thats all I can think of.

13 minutes ago, eastynh said:

20 minutes mate, coach ticket from Lincoln.

Bloody hell. I wish I'd stuck it out a bit more. I had the reg numbers in but then it kept on saying 'event not found' just as everyone was saying sold out. I kept on for about 3 mins but no joy.  

Edited by semmtexx

16 minutes ago, eastynh said:

Its not over yet.

This has helped the blues somewhat. Today has felt worse than the other two as I keep thinking of the cons of volunteering over a standard ticket (and of course there are cons but I also need to think of the pros!). Just wish I could have a crystal ball to see if the hope of the next six months will be all worth it!

7 minutes ago, semmtexx said:

Bloody hell. I wish I'd stuck it out a bit more. I had the reg numbers in but then it kept on saying 'event not found' just as everyone was saying sold out. I kept on for about 3 mins but no joy.  

If it makes you feel any better, I kept trying for about 15mins after the sold out sign came up. Kept getting to the bit where I could enter reg details but then next page would say sold out. 

@eastynh never did I think you’d be the one to give me some positivity! ? nice one. 

I can easily get a spreadsheet organised tomorrow(ish) - a google doc/office 365 would be the easiest way and we will go from there?

@Charm we may indeed still be a six, which means I could be in a two and team up with you? 

3 minutes ago, Big durbs said:

Defo a minor blip , with that hat and jacket there is no way you can’t miss the 50th!

as far as the spread sheet , and payment, I’m sure a few last year put money on a pre-loaded card , like the sort from a travel agents to take abroad. This reduced the risk of giving your credit/debit card details out .

it would be worth doing some research first to check see tickets accept the card .

i will of course help you guys where I can , I have been where you are and I know how much the group support ment to me , literally beyond words in 2017 . 

Stay strong guys there is a light at the end of the tunnel, and I would have to say , cover your bases , if you contemplating volunteering do it early , In 17 I was convinced I would be successful in the resale so didn’t bother, then it was to late , to say I was devastated is a understatement. Like I say , the resale club was the only thing that stopped me jumping off the Clifton suspension bridge.

end of outpourings of the Big Durbs 

was thinking it might be worth setting up a profile for admining it , if @eFestivals will allow ... might make it easier from an admin point of view .... any ideas what the shut off dates were last year ?

3 minutes ago, vintagelaureate said:

@eastynh never did I think you’d be the one to give me some positivity! ? nice one. 

I can easily get a spreadsheet organised tomorrow(ish) - a google doc/office 365 would be the easiest way and we will go from there?

@Charm we may indeed still be a six, which means I could be in a two and team up with you? 

That would be brilliant, thanks for thinking of me. 

Charm x

Just now, Charm said:

That would be brilliant, thanks for thinking of me. 

Charm x

I’ll drop you a message today or tomorrow just to explain the situation, but if we team up it’ll be easier for the lucky @DareToDibble to help us out. ?

4 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

Just to let people know .... @vintagelaureate has after discussion agreed to do the spreadsheet ... with help from myself in an admin function ... ive not got any knowledge and we need to get this up and running as soon as possible to enable some relationships to develop ... thinking at the moment of quite an early cutoff to enable some of the earlier and more active members of this thread .... bear with us and we will help who we can 

Thanks for organising this ? This is definitely a kind supportive community. 

I think this forum is the only reason I’m coping with not having a ticket. So many positive we can do it vibes! ?

2 minutes ago, Puttycat1 said:

Thanks for organising this ? This is definitely a kind supportive community. 

I think this forum is the only reason I’m coping with not having a ticket. So many positive we can do it vibes! ?

its not a problem im in the same place although fortunate to have been on here quite a while ... always have a serious think about working it  ... not something id really considered before the last couple of days 

9 minutes ago, Big durbs said:

Hey guys , I have it in the back of my aged brain, that resale it limited to 4 not 6 , I could be wrong!

No you're right but Charm's a two, and my group is a six. So it'd be two groups of four if I went in with Charm.