Resale club 2020 / 2021

Superscally

On 10/6/2019 at 1:53 PM, Winslow Leach said:

Is that right? I thought you paid a hefty deposit to volunteer? Pretty sure I did when I worked Reading but that was years back.

You pay the full fee as a deposit to volunteer. However if you cancel before the deadline you get all the money less the deadline.

58 minutes ago, Aragorn said:

I have been successful in the resales a few times and last year my cousin got through for me after I spent Oct to April in Resale 2019 thread, this year we tried for coach from Brizzle as I could not face losing out Sunday without giving the coach a try as well.  Thankfully got them

Happy to help come next April - having been in resale club numerous times 

Thanks! Friendly, cheering and helpful - and this is why this is a great forum.

Apologies if this has been addressed already here - I've not read the whole thread. When I was trying for coach tickets on Thursday (for friends) I kept finding Reading and London selling out as I chose them. When it comes to the resale my intention is to be as flexible as possible, so I'm prepared to get the coach - single or return - from anywhere. My question is do we have a feel for which departure points are the least popular/easiest to get a ticket. And are singles more popular? I have a friend lives in the West Country and found Truro sold out but Plymouth was an easier/less popular option, for example.

5 minutes ago, Mackem said:

Apologies if this has been addressed already here - I've not read the whole thread. When I was trying for coach tickets on Thursday (for friends) I kept finding Reading and London selling out as I chose them. When it comes to the resale my intention is to be as flexible as possible, so I'm prepared to get the coach - single or return - from anywhere. My question is do we have a feel for which departure points are the least popular/easiest to get a ticket. And are singles more popular? I have a friend lives in the West Country and found Truro sold out but Plymouth was an easier/less popular option, for example.

Doubtless plenty will give you a view, but nobody really knows. 

I think you did incredibly well getting that far tbh, that's further than pretty much everyone I know who tried - although I'm sorry that's little consolation.

Logically there would be more going from London, but then of course there would be more people either going from there or prepared to compromise and travel there if required.

Just now, clarkete said:

I think you did incredibly well getting that far tbh, that's further than pretty much everyone I know who tried - although I'm sorry that's little consolation.

Actually it's weirder than that. When I put my payment through and - eventually - I got a 'no way', I clicked back as is normal on the site. It was then I realised that my London-Weds choice had sold out and I chose Reading-Weds. Same process, then London-Thurs, nope.. When I clicked back again. I noticed that five of the 6 names had vanished from the registrations. There was no way back from that without refreshing and going back in the queue. I've never seen it malfunction like that. Or at least I can't imagine what I could have done to have caused those names to disappear, if it wasn't a malfunction.

3 hours ago, Tartan_Glasto said:

First time member of the resale club here. So, in one respect I am lucky that I’ve managed to go in previous years.

Looking for tips! When it comes to the sale, does anyone start madly refreshing before 9am? I start bang on 9am and I dunno if that’s my problem as by that point I’m maybe already out the game. 

Sorry to hear this, don’t think you did anything wrong, I refresh before 9am and this method usually works for me too, just proves how random the whole process is. 

Really hope you get lucky in the resales. 

Charm x

6 minutes ago, wweerr208 said:

It's taken me 2 to 3 days to fully realise i don't have a ticket - gutted

did any one get a ticket in any ninja / secret sales AFTER the Resales last year - I'm assuming I'm not going to be successful in the resales :(

There have not been any secret sales for either the 2017 or 2019 festivals.

I would say they are  a thing of the past so certainly do not expect them.

44 minutes ago, Mackem said:

Actually it's weirder than that. When I put my payment through and - eventually - I got a 'no way', I clicked back as is normal on the site. It was then I realised that my London-Weds choice had sold out and I chose Reading-Weds. Same process, then London-Thurs, nope.. When I clicked back again. I noticed that five of the 6 names had vanished from the registrations. There was no way back from that without refreshing and going back in the queue. I've never seen it malfunction like that. Or at least I can't imagine what I could have done to have caused those names to disappear, if it wasn't a malfunction.

Yes, there seemed to be a lot of people posting that they had odd failures at later levels, in some cases multiple attempts to put payments through.  I'd guess these are a consequence of the massive levels of traffic.

5 minutes ago, Nobody Interesting said:

Hello resale thread.

Been here lots over the years but always to offer help and support to others.

Now I am here cos I have no ticket ?

Gutted for you mate, sad times, really hope you make it there. 

Charm x

Just to let people know .... @vintagelaureate has after discussion agreed to do the spreadsheet ... with help from myself in an admin function ... ive not got any knowledge and we need to get this up and running as soon as possible to enable some relationships to develop ... thinking at the moment of quite an early cutoff to enable some of the earlier and more active members of this thread .... bear with us and we will help who we can 

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Just to let people know .... @vintagelaureate has after discussion agreed to do the spreadsheet ... with help from myself in an admin function ... ive not got any knowledge and we need to get this up and running as soon as possible to enable some relationships to develop ... thinking at the moment of quite an early cutoff to enable some of the earlier and more active members of this thread .... bear with us and we will help who we can 

I was in the resale club for 2019 festival and we did it with a google sheet and the URL shared only to people who asked. The sheet once shared allows you to add your details and there was a tab for coach and a tab for GA. Once the resale was approaching, we asked people to re-verify if they were still interested - we filtered out a lot of people this way as some were no longer active on the forum. I think your idea to have a early cut off is a good one too.

1 minute ago, ledwards said:

I was in the resale club for 2019 festival and we did it with a google sheet and the URL shared only to people who asked. The sheet once shared allows you to add your details and there was a tab for coach and a tab for GA. Once the resale was approaching, we asked people to re-verify if they were still interested - we filtered out a lot of people this way as some were no longer active on the forum. I think your idea to have a early cut off is a good one too.

@StoneCircle has very kindly sent across some details .... so we will look at that and go from there ..... 

Hi Guys!!! Returning to the resale club again. Some of you might remember me from last time!! I didn't do that badly. I got to the bit after the registration details. It said it had sold out of deposits on the bottom of the page. I too and frowed a bit, with the back button; then it just went straight back to the home screen and it was all over- no ticket!!!

32 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Sounds great

Unfortunately, if I do go, I think I’ll be going alone. Was planning to go with my so but he’s worried that glasto is becoming more and more mainstream esp in view of the rapid sell out of tickets. Has anyone been alone before? Not sure if it’d be much fun really. 

8 minutes ago, bloom92 said:

Unfortunately, if I do go, I think I’ll be going alone. Was planning to go with my so but he’s worried that glasto is becoming more and more mainstream esp in view of the rapid sell out of tickets. Has anyone been alone before? Not sure if it’d be much fun really. 

I went alone in 2016 & 2017. I joined a group of other solo's and it turned out to be the greatest thing I ever did at a festival!

Total freedom - go where you want, when you want, without having to care what anyone else things or what they want to do.
Great bunch of new friends that I meet at almost every festival now.

It was life-changing. It may not be that extreme for anyone else, but I totally recommend it.

Evening all and... 

Welcome to everyone who's signed in. This is the best club in the world! Honestly. Just imagine the levels of excitement we'll all get come April. Far better than getting tickets in October - that's just too easy. This way we're really really going to appreciate the festival! 

Yesssssssss! 

• Upvote 2

46 minutes ago, semmtexx said:

Evening all and... 

Welcome to everyone who's signed in. This is the best club in the world! Honestly. Just imagine the levels of excitement we'll all get come April. Far better than getting tickets in October - that's just too easy. This way we're really really going to appreciate the festival! 

Yesssssssss! 

nice one ...