Resale club 2020 / 2021

Superscally

4 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

thats an absolutely great shout ... the ccv bit .... there is nothing that can be done without that is there ? maybe if people also had a prepay card with the right amount on it this might be beneficial ... although dont know how they work at this stage 

Another thought could be pay on your own credit card and if you don't get payment back you cancel their tickets. I think you have a couple of weeks after resale to cancel and still get most of your money back. Yes you'd lose some money but there would also be no benefit to the person you've bought them for in not paying you as they would end up without tickets. 

Currently undecided. Not sure i’m ready to put my life on hold till next April. Plus, a huge part of my going is that it helps me get through the Moscow winter, with rumours, announcements etc. Without being able to have that, a massive part of the experience is diminished. So, I’m taking a few days to have a ponder. But, at the moment,  leaning towards not going for resale.

3 minutes ago, Mardy said:

Currently undecided. Not sure i’m ready to put my life on hold till next April. Plus, a huge part of my going is that it helps me get through the Moscow winter, with rumours, announcements etc. Without being able to have that, a massive part of the experience is diminished. So, I’m taking a few days to have a ponder. But, at the moment,  leaning towards not going for resale.

This resonates. In Glasto terms, it’s a really  shit winter when any mention of who may/may not be playing is something you can’t engage with having not secured a ticket. Resale club is tough.

3 minutes ago, Mardy said:

That would be a big shame with such a big contributor .... ive leant so far this way and that today its ridiculous ... im deciding on my fancy dress at the moment ... do I dont I do anything ? was I wasn't I too overconfident ?  but im sure there is help out there if required 

First time member of the resale club after being lucky every year since my first in '98. This year was brutal, a non-starter for me on thurs and today.

Will be hanging on this thread and the volunteering route for the next 7 months... keep the faith people x

Edited by *biggreg*

11 minutes ago, Puttycat1 said:

I guess it’s hard to say but is it any easier to get a glasto ticket in the resale compared to the October sale?

Not looking forward to 6 months of all my friends buzzing to be going while I sit in limbo. ☹️

Having gone through resale for family last year - it’s a little easier (because you go into with only a glimmer of hope!).

It’s over in a flash - and hopefully you’re one of the lucky few to have bagged a last minute ticket to dreamland!

Guys this was posted by @amfy last year after the main sales, after missing out on tickets last year (I did work it in the end) she’s absolutely spot on:

I think the worst thing when you miss out is the feeling that it’s entirely possible that you’ve done your last Glastonbury. Until it happens to you, you always think that, as these forums always say, ‘If you really want a ticket and get properly organised you will get one’, & then you really want one, and have organised yourself in every way possible, and you are still sitting here on Monday without a ticket. What if it’s always like this now?

Thats how I felt when I missed out.

During the festival I watched it on TV, & sometimes it was OK because the TV shows an entirely different festival to the one I go to anyway, but then Coldplay sang about how ‘you try your best but you don’t succeed’ & Keane sang ‘Tell me when you’re gonna let me in, I’m getting old and I need somewhere to begin!’ & I sobbed my heart out because I thought I would never be there again.

.......but the next Glastonbury we did get tickets, and I really did feel like I’d won the lottery, & I knew I had to party like it could be my last, because now I know it always could. Everyone who has a ticket needs to know how to do Glastonbury like it could be their last. That is the gift that missing out gives you.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

9 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

Guys this was posted by @amfy last year after the main sales, after missing out on tickets last year (I did work it in the end) she’s absolutely spot on:

I think the worst thing when you miss out is the feeling that it’s entirely possible that you’ve done your last Glastonbury. Until it happens to you, you always think that, as these forums always say, ‘If you really want a ticket and get properly organised you will get one’, & then you really want one, and have organised yourself in every way possible, and you are still sitting here on Monday without a ticket. What if it’s always like this now?

Thats how I felt when I missed out.

During the festival I watched it on TV, & sometimes it was OK because the TV shows an entirely different festival to the one I go to anyway, but then Coldplay sang about how ‘you try your best but you don’t succeed’ & Keane sang ‘Tell me when you’re gonna let me in, I’m getting old and I need somewhere to begin!’ & I sobbed my heart out because I thought I would never be there again.

.......but the next Glastonbury we did get tickets, and I really did feel like I’d won the lottery, & I knew I had to party like it could be my last, because now I know it always could. Everyone who has a ticket needs to know how to do Glastonbury like it could be their last. That is the gift that missing out gives you.

Amen. For 2017 I rallied my two siblings and their other halves in the UK, and my American husband and sister in law, and it was going to be the perfect Glastonbury - back after 12 years! We booked our flights, got Tangerine Fields sorted, booked our hire car, transfers, cleared staying at friends' houses. Then the sale happened... and we didn't get them. And then the resale happened. And we still didn't get them.

The flights were non refundable, so we went to England anyway and did a kinda grand tour, missing Somerset because it was still too raw. We had a wonderful time, and I felt in the back of my head that we'd just said goodbye to the one opportunity we had to all hang out together at my favorite place.

The the 2019 sale rolls around, and this time it's just the three of us international folk. I had to be at a thing on sale weekend but my lovely extended Glastonbury family said it was no problem to include us in a group in their massive set-up and try on our behalf. I woke up at 5am EST on Sunday to check the good news and... no tickets. Again, we tried in resales but we got nothing.

I knew I was trying for Glasto 50, and my husband said he was in. About two weeks ago I figured I'd text the siblings and see if there was any interest - to my surprise yes, they all still wanted to go. The group had re-formed!

This time I wasn't taking any chances and had a whole crew roped in for the coach sale. One of those was a friend who lives locally here in Knoxville Tennessee, and she had no idea what a Glastonbury was, so I spent a few minutes coaching her on the sale rules, and off we went with our F5 buttons. She ended up booking our three tickets, and I cried the whole afternoon at the realization that I was going back. This morning I was lucky enough to get a booking form (it's a real trip!) and secure the UK siblings their tickets, and me a bunch of promised ciders on site next year.

I didn't think it would happen, and we spent two long years trying, watching everyone else get them, feeling like this was it, it was over. It's never over though - who says you have to stop hoping, trying, and dreaming? The resales have yet to happen, volunteering places have yet to allocate, the festival is still unfolding. And there are many more Glastonburys lined up behind it already starting to get talked about, planned, and solidified. If this one doesn't have your ticket, there's one down the line that does. 

• Upvote 3

Well guess forgetting to put on my lucky pants this morning was a biiiiig mistake! So we had 6 of us trying for two groups of six... Tried for coach on Thursday, got as far as selecting time, 4 times chucked out... Today 3 of the group got through to registration page, one got as far as payment page and got chucked out.. Brutal.. So now it's a waiting game which I'm prepared to sit through... Never had to do resale so a bit nervous about that... And obvs the 4 bookings max will lead to a rejigging of groups... I feel lucky to have experienced the magic before and that will keep me going til April... So hello Resalers... Nice to be a part of the group  (sort of ?)

I can totally relate to @amfy's post.  I missed 3 festivals and cried so much the first year seeing it on TV, it felt so wrong not to be there.  But I stewarded for Oxfam last year and the feeling of being back was unreal.  I made the most of every second and had the best Glastonbury I'd ever had.  It's definitely a new perspective on something you already love to bits.. but now appreciate even more.