Resale club 2020 / 2021

Superscally

3 minutes ago, LoraMaze said:

Hello everyone, I may as well introduce myself now after I lurked here all summer desperate for a way in. I had been four years in a row from 2014...it’s been far too long already what with the fallow year too! 

This year I bought a special ethernet attachment for my Macbook and everything. I got two booking screens at once, put all the details in, then the card details, click proceed and....it freezes and times out...so I press back and find a red note under one of the registration numbers saying a ticket had already been bought for them...delete his details and press proceed and...sold out ?

Turns out one of my mates is a bastard who had ‘cast his net pretty wide’ and given loads of people his reg number, so that may be why my booking wouldn’t go through ??? 

So April it is...and also try to get my band a gig on literally any stage at any time.

The person who did that is not your friend. 

Joining in here guys n gals. Devastation is just setting in although I had the same last year and got through in the resale.

I'm actually more determined to get in with Oxfam this time since I have never done that and every Glasto I have attended (7) has been a different (and brilliant) experience, so volunteering may be just the ticket for something new.

That...and entering every ticket competition I can lay my hands on!

1 hour ago, incident said:

And remember that most places will let you cancel a volunteering place up to a certain point before the festival. For Oxfam it's 6 weeks before (so well after the resale) and with a 20 quid admin fee. So you can hedge your bets a little if you don't mind risking 20 quid.

That's exactly what happened to us and it fucked our order, threw us completely off balance by the time we'd got to the payment screen. 

1 hour ago, incident said:

And remember that most places will let you cancel a volunteering place up to a certain point before the festival. For Oxfam it's 6 weeks before (so well after the resale) and with a 20 quid admin fee. So you can hedge your bets a little if you don't mind risking 20 quid.

Is that right? I thought you paid a hefty deposit to volunteer? Pretty sure I did when I worked Reading but that was years back.

20 minutes ago, Winslow Leach said:

Is that right? I thought you paid a hefty deposit to volunteer? Pretty sure I did when I worked Reading but that was years back.

Yeah, you'll pay something approximating the full ticket cost up front. If you then cancel within the allowed time, you get it back minus whatever admin fee.

46 minutes ago, LoraMaze said:

Hello everyone, I may as well introduce myself now after I lurked here all summer desperate for a way in. I had been four years in a row from 2014...it’s been far too long already what with the fallow year too! 

This year I bought a special ethernet attachment for my Macbook and everything. I got two booking screens at once, put all the details in, then the card details, click proceed and....it freezes and times out...so I press back and find a red note under one of the registration numbers saying a ticket had already been bought for them...delete his details and press proceed and...sold out ?

Turns out one of my mates is a bastard who had ‘cast his net pretty wide’ and given loads of people his reg number, so that may be why my booking wouldn’t go through ??? 

So April it is...and also try to get my band a gig on literally any stage at any time.

Sly that messed it for all of you.  Good luck in the resale 

49 minutes ago, LoraMaze said:

Oh, I'm sorry - this definitely happens way more than it should! I know in theory its possible to be in multiple groups as long as you tell people, but in reality when everything is happening so fast it's difficult. We had a hard enough job working out which of our groups had got tickets and which hadn't.... And maybe it sounds like he wasn't trying so hard to keep up ?

Best of luck in the resale! I hope you mate at least offers to help you all out

1 hour ago, Charm said:

Thanks for the kind words Sas, it’s appreciated, hoping you got lucky. 

Charm x

I was, can't quite believe it really. Obviously really happy but there were four of my very good friends in one group and we failed to get  tickets for them (partly through crashes and the usual faff but also a bit of miscommunication), so there's a funny bittersweet edge to it which I haven't ever experienced before - although I know many others have as I remember the posts from last year

Edited by Sasperella

Gutted to be ticketless again. But not giving up hope. Will look to go down the Oxfam route again as it served me well this year, and hopefully bring mates along for the ride too.

Ticket day is so painful! Hope my luck returns next year as I miss the jubilation of paying that deposit!

Don’t give up hope people, we got this.

Just now, Sasperella said:

Oh, I'm sorry - this definitely happens way more than it should! I know in theory its possible to be in multiple groups as long as you tell people, but in reality when everything is happening so fast it's difficult. We had a hard enough job working out which of our groups had got tickets and which hadn't.... And maybe it sounds like he wasn't trying so hard to keep up ?

Best of luck in the resale! I hope you mate at least offers to help you all out

Thank you! He’s just a knobhead who didn’t realise you need to actually remember who you’ve given your details to, and stay in constant contact with them. I’m sure he’ll help in April...or else ?

49 minutes ago, LoraMaze said:

When I told him he already had a ticket he said 

“Everyone I've asked has checked back in and said it wasn't them. Just lots of people calling me a c*nt...”

So he's denying he even has a ticket?

EDIT: realise you mean he's just claiming he doesnt know who bought it...but the fact that he has to ask so many people isnt a great

Edited by Sasperella

4 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

I was, can't quite believe it really. Obviously really happy there were four of my very good friends in one group and we failed to get  tickets for them (partly through crashes and the usual faff but also a bit of miscommunication), so there's a funny bittersweet edge to it which I haven't ever experienced before - although I know many others have as I remember the posts from last year

That’s great news, really happy for you. 

Charm x

Hi 

Not sure if you have seen this - looks like limited tickets have been held back for some sort of ballot

I know this is a horrible place to be from past personal experience - but don’t give up - most get there in the end - I did with help from the lovely people on here

5FED8C53-9D87-4745-96D4-408666ED4E9C.jpeg