Resale club 2020 / 2021

Superscally

26 minutes ago, Tartan_Glasto said:

I didn't even have a ticket for this year and I've still not got my head around the fact it's not happening.

I keep looking at old photos, watching old youtube videos, imaging how excited I was this time last year with it all ahead of me. 

I don't think it helps that any of the gigs/smaller festivals planned for this year are likely to go ahead. 

Reminds me of the saying, is it better to have loved and lost than to never have loved at all...

If I had never been to Glastonbury I wouldn't feel this way.

Edit: Sorry, that was just a bit of word vomit there. I just wanted to say something.

word vomit away ... im gutted for all those that had tickets .... sounds bonkers but id rather some people went , than none at all including me missing it 

5 minutes ago, funkychick2007 said:

Lovely to have you back Charm and anyone else whose been struggling! We will all find a way back to the farm! Somehow we will get us there! 

Thanks, that’s very kind, love this place. 
Charm x

On 5/19/2020 at 2:25 PM, Charm said:

Hope you had a lovely day V. 
Haven’t been here in for a while either, also been struggling a bit. 
Love to all the resale team. 
Charm x

Cheers Charm, we've got to keep moving forward! 

Take care. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, blutarsky said:

How are the resale team's plans for Glasthomebury going?

Planning on making the Cardboard Pyramid later today. 

I’ve been framing a picture today for the glastonbury corner of my lounge ... will post it in a bit once I’m done .... add some led strips to it and some silver metal effect sticky back plastic ... will give it a decent effect 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Big durbs said:

Should you no be decorating a nursery? Lol

hope you and Mrs B are both well .

Big D

That's more or less done - gloss is the devil's work. Reckon I've earned the right to get shit faced in the garden.  

On 5/15/2020 at 9:44 PM, DareToDibble said:

Not been around as much lately so sorry it's late but happy birthday for Wednesday @vintagelaureate. Hopefully on your next birthday you'll be a month away from getting through the Glasto gates! 

Yes snap. Been crazy busy at work all week. Hope you had a great one @vintagelaureate

19 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

How did the build go @blutarsky? Any photos ? I’ve added a picture to my glastonbury corner ... 

Didn't get started!

22 hours ago, Big durbs said:

Gloss work is a nightmare, especially when you got two Persian house cats ! Trust me .

you get absolutely out of your box mate , we will have to arrange a online baby head wetting ( zoom / teams / messenger) .when your little addition arrives.

Tell me about it, we have a black lab! Drinks sounds good. 

So you prompted me to action @crazyfool1

The tool is there for scale, it’s approx 1/50th of the real thing, I scaled down the actual measurements. Had to enlist my neighbour for help with calculating the angles 😂 

This is the only way Skrewdriver will get close to headlining or even playing the festival. #FuckNaziPunks

Next step is paint and a stage topper - I’m thinking Michael Eavis as the sun from Teletubbies. 

88956924-9255-4FCB-A158-452C905FC080.jpeg

2 minutes ago, blutarsky said:

So you prompted me to action @crazyfool1

The tool is there for scale, it’s approx 1/50th of the real thing, I scaled down the actual measurements. Had to enlist my neighbour for help with calculating the angles 😂 

This is the only way Skrewdriver will get close to headlining or even playing the festival. #FuckNaziPunks

Next step is paint and a stage topper - I’m thinking Michael Eavis as the sun from Teletubbies. 

88956924-9255-4FCB-A158-452C905FC080.jpeg

looks great .... this is what i used to cover mine ...https://www.amazon.co.uk/Fablon-Roll-Criss-Cross-Silver/dp/B00CZ6VMB8/ref=sr_1_2?crid=1UUY2IT7PUHT1&dchild=1&keywords=metal+effect+vinyl&qid=1590407452&sprefix=metal+effect+%2Caps%2C149&sr=8-2

14 minutes ago, Big durbs said:

tell me about it , lifting restrictions on the same day weston super mare A&E close the doors because they have to many CV19 cases already .. you know it makes good sense. ! FFS 

I thought with the whole Brexit thing I had reached peak rage with politics but it seems not!! 

Anyone else who's working from home who normally wouldn't feeling like it's getting a bit much?

I can't focus on work for more than about 20 mins at a time and I just feel like I don't fully switch off from it at the end of the day. 

I've always had the option to work from home some days but never chose to as it doesn't really work for me, but now I have no option.

Don't get me wrong, I'm very aware that I am fortunate enough to be able to work from home during all this. 

1 minute ago, Tartan_Glasto said:

Anyone else who's working from home who normally wouldn't feeling like it's getting a bit much?

I can't focus on work for more than about 20 mins at a time and I just feel like I don't fully switch off from it at the end of the day. 

I've always had the option to work from home some days but never chose to as it doesn't really work for me, but now I have no option.

Don't get me wrong, I'm very aware that I am fortunate enough to be able to work from home during all this. 

im not working but im off work .... I do find getting out and about very worthwhile though . have a set work area if you can and move away from it ... make sure work emails dont get you on personal devices either , and find the best time for work for you with the least distractions . 

3 hours ago, Tartan_Glasto said:

I always work from home but I am ridiculously crazy busy at the moment. Last week I was working 8am - 10:30 pm with basically just breaks for food and one dog walk. I'm shattered and it feels like I can't say no. It's not like I can say I'm going out. We had quite a few redundancies at the start as well which puts added pressure on that if you don't do stuff you could be out of a job. 

12 hours ago, gigpusher said:

I always work from home but I am ridiculously crazy busy at the moment. Last week I was working 8am - 10:30 pm with basically just breaks for food and one dog walk. I'm shattered and it feels like I can't say no. It's not like I can say I'm going out. We had quite a few redundancies at the start as well which puts added pressure on that if you don't do stuff you could be out of a job. 

Pretty much the same situation for me.

We got our hours reduced to 80% but the workload doesn't seem to have reduced to take it into consideration. I find myself doing 12 hour days most days.

Giving it to the end of this two-week sprint before drawing a line and just not doing the extra.

53 minutes ago, northernringo said:

Pretty much the same situation for me.

We got our hours reduced to 80% but the workload doesn't seem to have reduced to take it into consideration. I find myself doing 12 hour days most days.

Giving it to the end of this two-week sprint before drawing a line and just not doing the extra.

Yes my boss is lovely and keeps saying that I shouldn't do extra but then in the next breath tells us all the things that have to be done and the ridiculous deadline we've been given to get it done. Given I am on a temporary contract as well and was hoping to be made permanent at the end of this year it piles more pressure on.