Resale club 2020 / 2021

Superscally

1 minute ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Ha! I thought it moved to April for some reason, my bad. So I might have missed it anyway.

normally April .... but its likely to be March now based on balance payment window being brought forward ... although we dont have a date confirmed as yet .... it might make life easier for people to plan for summer after if they are unsuccessful in resale ... which we have in hand 🙂 

20 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

normally April .... but its likely to be March now based on balance payment window being brought forward ... although we dont have a date confirmed as yet .... it might make life easier for people to plan for summer after if they are unsuccessful in resale ... which we have in hand 🙂 

Yeah earlier is definitely better. Getting tickets for something in June only two months before upsets my instinct to plan ahead furiously! By March I'm sure I'll know either way whether I'm going for it or not, but at the moment I'd say 80% towards not. So that's two less in the scrum.

2 minutes ago, Big durbs said:

“Tickets purchased in resales after March 8th 2022 must be paid for in full at point of booking”

the above is taken from GF website, it would indicate they aim for a resale early/ mid March 

I don't think there's any realistic doubt that it'll be March.

While they've not (and probably won't) confirm this in as many words, the reason for bringing the sales forward this year is all about the VAT changes. In short, if the transaction takes place in March, then they pay VAT of 12.5% on any tickets sold - whereas if it takes place in April, they'll pay VAT of 20%.

Assuming approximately 10,000 tickets in the resale, holding it in March will save GFL about £155k in VAT compared to the usual April sale date - and that's just the resale alone. Obviously on the main sale the difference will be many multiples of that (I'm not going to try and work out a number as it'd need to factor in balance payments already taken etc and my brain is still in Christmas mode).

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, incident said:

I don't think there's any realistic doubt that it'll be March.

While they've not (and probably won't) confirm this in as many words, the reason for bringing the sales forward this year is all about the VAT changes. In short, if the transaction takes place in March, then they pay VAT of 12.5% on any tickets sold - whereas if it takes place in April, they'll pay VAT of 20%.

Assuming approximately 10,000 tickets in the resale, holding it in March will save GFL about £155k in VAT compared to the usual April sale date - and that's just the resale alone. Obviously on the main sale the difference will be many multiples of that (I'm not going to try and work out a number as it'd need to factor in balance payments already taken etc and my brain is still in Christmas mode).

Well worked out and a great explanation.

Happy New Year to all the fellow ticketless. May we all be successful in 2022, particularly in the resale.

ps - Every refund blog I read, such as I've just read on Glastchat, fills me with hope. 

20 hours ago, Lycra said:

Well worked out and a great explanation.

Happy New Year to all the fellow ticketless. May we all be successful in 2022, particularly in the resale.

ps - Every refund blog I read, such as I've just read on Glastchat, fills me with hope. 

Link please? 

On 12/28/2021 at 11:43 PM, gfa said:

From their website on the tickets page. Huge reminder for anyone who needs to do this as it shuts in 3 days!!

CHILDREN
Everyone aged 13 or over on Wednesday 22nd June 2022 (when the Festival gates open) who plans to come to the Festival, must have booked a ticket to attend.

Children aged 12 and under do not require tickets and do not need to register.

If your child has or will turn 13 since you booked tickets for the 2020 Festival, and before the gates open for the 2022 Festival, please submit their registration at www.glastonburyregistration.co.uk and once you have their registration number, please contact us using the ‘Any Other Enquiries’ option on the Festival Contact form as soon as possible ahead of 31st December 2021, for information on how to book an additional ticket.

---

A lot of people will not know this though and may bin off tickets as a result, leading to more in the pool. We are currently at 9/10 attending although there is talk in the groupchat ahead of the 31st deadline for full deposit refunds.

Tell em to sack it off. If anyone is talking about it...their lack of faith is disturbing. 😘

39 minutes ago, vintagelaureate said:

That's an idea for a new thread... the lookalike ticket exchange.

I genuinely know two sets of people who did this and managed it, a way back now (2010/2011 maybe?). One was a friend of a friend who bought her ticket off a random online and bleached her hair to match the picture. Another were two friends of friends who exchanged between them. They really didn't look that alike either.

Not condoning it before anyone comes for me - just saying it does work sometimes! I'd be too scared myself.

1 hour ago, vintagelaureate said:

The revamped resale spreadsheet is being reworked today - I'll tag everyone on it in the next day or so, hopefully some users will reappear!

I sent an email about a week ago 🙂 

3 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Do you know, I don't think I've ever registered on the resale spreadsheet. Is it too late to get added?

3 minutes ago, gfa said:

I sent an email about a week ago 🙂 

I've not checked the emails this week, but I'll add them on tonight.