Resale club 2020 / 2021

Superscally

6 hours ago, clarkete said:

Apologies if it's a silly question - I don't have access to view the sheet, so just wanted to ask if I need to do anything to confirm that I've been added?

No, as long as you've emailed I'll have done it / will do it. I'll make the spreadsheet viewable again soon so everyone can check over it too.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Re-posting here as relevant: 

2 minutes ago, Watergirl said:

Posting this here, as Roskilde is somewhat comparable to Glastonbury in size and scope.  Apparently they received 5000 tickets for refunds, out of 80,000.  Everyone else rolled over their ticket.  There was a waitlist option for people interested in the resale tickets, and the waitlist was bigger than the amount of tickets available, and those tickets are now gone.

They are also making 5000 additional "under 25" tickets available, that will go on sale in November.  Proof of age required.

I am without a ticket for Glastonbury 2022, hoping for a resale ticket.  The small Roskilde resale is not good news, but was to be expected I suppose.

Thanks for the info @Watergirl

• Upvote 1

• 2 months later...

It's that time of year when we the great ticketless begin to turn our thoughts to the odds of getting the golden one come April. This also entails much speculation on the number of tickets going back in the pot. So I hereby declare:-

Of the 11 people I know who originally got tickets, 2 have already requested a refund, 4 are almost definitely no-goes, 2 are probably no-goes, leaving 3 still intending to go. Additionally only 4 of the 8 ticketless in my circle of friends/acquaintances remain interested in trying to get a ticket in the resale.

Reasons for not going range from "no longer interested", "tried camping & don't like it", "if they're not going then I'm not" and relationship breakdown.

51 minutes ago, Lycra said:

It's that time of year when we the great ticketless begin to turn our thoughts to the odds of getting the golden one come April. This also entails much speculation on the number of tickets going back in the pot. So I hereby declare:-

Of the 11 people I know who originally got tickets, 2 have already requested a refund, 4 are almost definitely no-goes, 2 are probably no-goes, leaving 3 still intending to go. Additionally only 4 of the 8 ticketless in my circle of friends/acquaintances remain interested in trying to get a ticket in the resale.

Reasons for not going range from "no longer interested", "tried camping & don't like it", "if they're not going then I'm not" and relationship breakdown.

That's promising news for those of us ticketless! We were talking about it the other day and it really got me wanting it. 

Never been one for visualisation or any of that sort of stuff but its worth a try. I've decided to embrace Glastonbury instead of shy away from it now- will finish the 50th book finally, watch the legends thing new years eve etc. 

48 minutes ago, incident said:

March.

Unless that's a deliberate misdirect of course, in which case April.

Yes I stand corrected having forgotten the balance due date had been moved forward from that of previous years. Though not yet announced the resale could in all probability be March. This change itself could influence some balance decisions and resale participation. 

9 minutes ago, Joshuwarr said:

Although I have a ticket I am hoping for a big resale pot for the sake of friends who weren't lucky. I genuinely think we could see up to 20,000 at this point. I don't think the people on these forums are *that* representative of the wider Glasto goer but we'll see!

figures quoted are 10k in a standard resale  although im not sure where that figure actually came from .... but over 2 years I wouldn't say thats an unreasonable number ... 

2 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

figures quoted are 10k in a standard resale  although im not sure where that figure actually came from .... but over 2 years I wouldn't say thats an unreasonable number ... 

I would reckon that’s about right. I’ve said before I’m aware of six of the twenty two ticket holders I know either already had refunds or very unlikely to go.  One issue might be the number of children of parents who didn’t need a ticket as they were under twelve but now have crossed that threshold. Are they guaranteed a ticket if they apply for one?  
As ever, best of luck to all in the resale  

3 hours ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

I would reckon that’s about right. I’ve said before I’m aware of six of the twenty two ticket holders I know either already had refunds or very unlikely to go.  One issue might be the number of children of parents who didn’t need a ticket as they were under twelve but now have crossed that threshold. Are they guaranteed a ticket if they apply for one?  
As ever, best of luck to all in the resale  

From their website on the tickets page. Huge reminder for anyone who needs to do this as it shuts in 3 days!!

CHILDREN
Everyone aged 13 or over on Wednesday 22nd June 2022 (when the Festival gates open) who plans to come to the Festival, must have booked a ticket to attend.

Children aged 12 and under do not require tickets and do not need to register.

If your child has or will turn 13 since you booked tickets for the 2020 Festival, and before the gates open for the 2022 Festival, please submit their registration at www.glastonburyregistration.co.uk and once you have their registration number, please contact us using the ‘Any Other Enquiries’ option on the Festival Contact form as soon as possible ahead of 31st December 2021, for information on how to book an additional ticket.

---

A lot of people will not know this though and may bin off tickets as a result, leading to more in the pool. We are currently at 9/10 attending although there is talk in the groupchat ahead of the 31st deadline for full deposit refunds.

9 hours ago, gfa said:

From their website on the tickets page. Huge reminder for anyone who needs to do this as it shuts in 3 days!!

CHILDREN
Everyone aged 13 or over on Wednesday 22nd June 2022 (when the Festival gates open) who plans to come to the Festival, must have booked a ticket to attend.

Children aged 12 and under do not require tickets and do not need to register.

If your child has or will turn 13 since you booked tickets for the 2020 Festival, and before the gates open for the 2022 Festival, please submit their registration at www.glastonburyregistration.co.uk and once you have their registration number, please contact us using the ‘Any Other Enquiries’ option on the Festival Contact form as soon as possible ahead of 31st December 2021, for information on how to book an additional ticket.

---

A lot of people will not know this though and may bin off tickets as a result, leading to more in the pool. We are currently at 9/10 attending although there is talk in the groupchat ahead of the 31st deadline for full deposit refunds.

Another impact might be that children who  were free now have to pay .  That extra expense might put the family off going. 

2 hours ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Another impact might be that children who  were free now have to pay .  That extra expense might put the family off going. 

True, another dynamic to add to the mix. Much had happened in the 2+ years since deposits were paid and many individual circumstances will have changed. Some will have money saved and want to party. Others will be not be so fortunate. Decisions will be influenced by changes in savings, relationships, friendships, childen, life circumstances, health, habits, apathy, travel etc etc. That's in addition to any covid restrictions.

This could add up to a larger than average resale.

3 hours ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Yeah I said this at the end of what you quoted 🙂 could actually be a decently large amount - anyone with a child 13/14/15 roughly will have to either go for resale and risk it or refund/find someone to look after their child if they forget etc.

another of our group has bailed due to schedule clash, down to 8 (and i doubt we are camping with 2 of them anyway)

34 minutes ago, gfa said:

anyone with a child 13/14/15 roughly will have to either go for resale and risk it or refund/find someone to look after their child if they forget etc.

Yes, a lot of grans and grandpas getting landed with grumpy young teenagers for five days! 😉,  which is ironic since  my son has been hinting that I take our grandkids, age3 and 6, to the  festival since we have tickets.  My answer to him was There are two chance of that happening. None and fuck all. 

Edited by Ayrshire Chris

16 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Yes, a lot of grans and grandpas getting landed with grumpy young teenagers for five days! 😉

Without a doubt, although i reckon half would bail completely (we’re not the most representative group here!)

was wondering as well @crazyfool1 do you have a link to how the resale sheet works? Happy to lend a hand and have 2 people after tickets who can join a group !

12 minutes ago, gfa said:

Without a doubt, although i reckon half would bail completely (we’re not the most representative group here!)

was wondering as well @crazyfool1 do you have a link to how the resale sheet works? Happy to lend a hand and have 2 people after tickets who can join a group !

email adresss in post 1 of this thread to contact .... its not live yet but im sure @vintagelaureate will be making it live soon for people to check details 

I'm not 100% at the moment (I may not be able to resist trying) but am currently thinking I might count myself out of the resale. Have spent a ton on Primavera flights and accommodation and hoping to have a holiday next year too so the demands on time off and money starts to get a bit too much to justify Glastonbury as well. I think I've pretty much accepted I'm not going now and will put everything in for 2023.

April is still a few months away, though...

Just now, Zoo Music Girl said:

I'm not 100% at the moment (I may not be able to resist trying) but am currently thinking I might count myself out of the resale. Have spent a ton on Primavera flights and accommodation and hoping to have a holiday next year too so the demands on time off and money starts to get a bit too much to justify Glastonbury as well. I think I've pretty much accepted I'm not going now and will put everything in for 2023.

April is still a few months away, though...

march 🙂