Resale club 2020 / 2021

Superscally

5 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

or there are lots of people who have other life things going on ... weddings , babies etc .... that is also gonna be crammed into next year too .... 

I can see how desperately you're looking for reasons people might not pay their balance 😂

7 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

or there are lots of people who have other life things going on ... weddings , babies etc .... that is also gonna be crammed into next year too .... 

really dont think that's gonna make a dent. The only number I can find for resale tickets is around 10,000 in 2014 but no idea if that number is legit or not.  Per Emily, Oct 2020 resale was cancelled due to lack of returns. Even if next year has more than usual returns you cant expect more than 13,000 (around 10%) and if that was the case demand is gonna be huge. 

Those who get it are the luckiest people- should also buy a lotto ticket on the same day 

3 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

so what does the latest headliner talk do for our chances ? personally I think they are better but Eltons a big draw ? thoughts ? anyway hope you guys are all remaining positive and eating plenty of cheese 🙂 

I don't think Elton will change things as anyone who is a huge Elton fan has a chance to see him on his own tour anyway. I do think it's going to be tricky. There will be a higher than average amount of returns but to counteract that I do expect to see record numbers trying for them. People have missed out on a lot and it will kick start a lot of bucket listers etc. 

I'm still buying the lottery tickets to give me my chance of getting a Pilton pad as well and as much as I am thinking positive I know if I manage to get there it will be a stroke of incredible luck. The kind I haven't been having recently (so to stay optimistic perhaps I am due some!)

Edited by gigpusher

56 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Is the consensus still that there'll be no sale in October? So first chance for resale will be April 2021?

Last Years Oct sale was cancelled due to a lack of returns per Emily. I highly doubt that people have cancelled in the year since as people will probably hold it to the wire.

5 minutes ago, aj6658 said:

Last Years Oct sale was cancelled due to a lack of returns per Emily. I highly doubt that people have cancelled in the year since as people will probably hold it to the wire.

Yeah I know, so was just wondering if the general assumption is the same will apply this year? I'm guessing so.

Just now, blutarsky said:

I would have thought so. I’m not feeling overly hopeful if I’m honest. 

I'm definitely not. In fact I booked Primavera pretty much because I assumed Glastonbury is off the cards next year (have always wanted to go to Primavera, though, so next year feels like the year).

I'll be trying for Glastonbury because I really can't not. But by the time it gets to April I'll likely be looking at booking as many other fun summer things as I can to soften the blow! 

11 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

I'm definitely not. In fact I booked Primavera pretty much because I assumed Glastonbury is off the cards next year (have always wanted to go to Primavera, though, so next year feels like the year).

I'll be trying for Glastonbury because I really can't not. But by the time it gets to April I'll likely be looking at booking as many other fun summer things as I can to soften the blow! 

It's definitely an April only resale, I'm sure they've said that somewhere? I can't find it though.

Screenshot_20210811-094742-574.png.3d56910caf22773d30ac275579ca41c6.png

Although this wording is worrying... "if"

Screenshot_20210811-094815-159.png.f2a58033ae7a58101b3cd950419e78f8.png

Edited by vintagelaureate

10 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

This is exactly my mindset ZMG and I too have Primavera (weekend 2) tickets in the bag.

I've kept 8 days holiday aside just in case a working placement comes along. I really don't think I'll get a ticket and that's not negativity or reverse psychology, it's a dose of realism. If I had no luck (not even a page) when 150,000 were on sale, I have almost no chance with less than (probably) 5,000 available. After a two-year break. On the back of a global pandemic. When most people won't have had the opportunity to go to a festival since 2019. I'll give it a go, of course but if a working opportunity arises before that, I'll take it, then I won't try for tickets. If someone is good enough to offer me a way in, I'll commit to that.

16 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

This is exactly my mindset ZMG and I too have Primavera (weekend 2) tickets in the bag.

I've kept 8 days holiday aside just in case a working placement comes along. I really don't think I'll get a ticket and that's not negativity or reverse psychology, it's a dose of realism. If I had no luck (not even a page) when 150,000 were on sale, I have almost no chance with less than (probably) 5,000 available. After a two-year break. On the back of a global pandemic. When most people won't have had the opportunity to go to a festival since 2019. I'll give it a go, of course but if a working opportunity arises before that, I'll take it, then I won't try for tickets. If someone is good enough to offer me a way in, I'll commit to that.

Yeah I'm with you on the chances. I've thought about working it but I'd probably have to commit more time to that which makes most of my June a bit of a write-off for working as was going to make Primavera into a week maybe. I know my other half won't be up for working it so I think on balance I'd rather do another festival with him than go alone. All that could change once we get to next year though. I might yet decide to go that route. Volunteering at vaccination centres and throwing myself into the unknown there has made me feel more positive about volunteering at a place I know and love. It's really just that I prefer to spend most of my time off with him indoors!

3 hours ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Is the consensus still that there'll be no sale in October? So first chance for resale will be April 2021?

I suspect it will be April which is the only lifeboat I am clinging to. A lot of people prefer a bit more notice for something like a festival especially if they are newbies and have to buy a lot of stuff from scratch. 

20 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

I suspect it will be April which is the only lifeboat I am clinging to. A lot of people prefer a bit more notice for something like a festival especially if they are newbies and have to buy a lot of stuff from scratch. 

Yeah definitely. By then I expect to have made other plans really, but likely won't be able to stop myself from trying! 

• 1 month later...
5 minutes ago, blutarsky said:

At least there is action - I guess that's positive? 

Feeling extremely worried I won't be there. Don't think I cn afford it, and that will be even more true of the resale date comes closer. 

know that feeling today ... 117k lighter a couple of hours ago 😞 

7 minutes ago, Big durbs said:

well , if the balance payment has moved to March , could this indicate a move for the resale ???

Near certain to be moved I'd suggest.

If, as seems the obvious reason, the balance payment date has been moved to take advantage of the VAT rate changes then best to do so for the resale as well - If they sell tickets at say £270 on 31st March they get to keep £240, whereas if they sell the same ticket in 1st April they only get to keep £225.

Multiply that £15 difference by 10,000 tickets in the resale and it's £150k extra in the festivals bank account.