Resale club 2020 / 2021

Superscally

1 minute ago, vintagelaureate said:

Struggling! 

See what happens obviously as it's a long time between now and April '22, but the same was said about the last cancelled resale. I think there has been real minimal numbers returned. 

It's going to be some party! 

Screenshot_20210122-211343.png

https://amp.theguardian.com/music/2021/jan/22/emily-eavis-tells-of-hopes-for-livestreamed-glastonbury-show?__twitter_impression=true

Don’t forget the festival will always put a slant on it .... best one yet ... one million registrations etc etc ... in truth we really don’t know what life has thrown at some people ... keep the faith everyone x 

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
15 minutes ago, blutarsky said:

I'm sure @vintagelaureatecan add your details so you're on there when it goes live this timeish next year. Drop him a PM. 

How's everyone in the resale crew getting on? Eating as much cheese as me? 

Nearly finished my 8 blocks ... and now gonna get another 8 b4 the first draw 🙂 

3 hours ago, blutarsky said:

I'm sure @vintagelaureatecan add your details so you're on there when it goes live this timeish next year. Drop him a PM. 

How's everyone in the resale crew getting on? Eating as much cheese as me? 

I have yet to buy some. I have high cholesterol. But I’ll definitely try and have, a few, pieces on crackers, by the end of the month.

1 minute ago, stt11 said:

I have yet to buy some. I have high cholesterol. But I’ll definitely try and have, a few, pieces on crackers, by the end of the month.

First draw is the 16th or there abouts I think ... so need to get on it soon ish to make that one ... it runs for a year though so plenty of time 🙂 

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...

While looking for a pic for the T-minus thread I found a site offering hospitality deals for 2022. 
No prices online so I emailed for details. 
hope you’re all flush...

This is what I got back:
It's looking like there might be a very limited number of options available from client cancellations (we're waiting for confirmation).

If available, the options available include;
    • Ultimate Experience-Luxury tented accommodation and inclusive of food, drink and Backstage Hospitality Pass from £14,975 per person + vat (5%)
    • Luxury Trailer accommodation for 6 guests (solid structure/en-suite) including Backstage Hospitality Passes from £5290 per person + vat (20%)
    • Backstage Hospitality Pass only (bring your own accommodation) from £4,990 per person + vat (20%)

14 minutes ago, blutarsky said:

While looking for a pic for the T-minus thread I found a site offering hospitality deals for 2022. 
hope you’re all flush...

This is what I got back:
It's looking like there might be a very limited number of options available from client cancellations (we're waiting for confirmation).

• Ultimate Experience-Luxury tented accommodation and inclusive of food, drink and Backstage Hospitality Pass from £14,975 per person + vat (5%)
    • Luxury Trailer accommodation for 6 guests (solid structure/en-suite) including Backstage Hospitality Passes from £5290 per person + vat (20%)
    • Backstage Hospitality Pass only (bring your own accommodation) from £4,990 per person + vat (20%)

Obviously I don't think you're considering paying that - but even if they had an offering worth the money I'd be very very careful in dealing with that company as either their ticket supply is not sanctioned by the Festival or they're knowingly breaking the (strictly enforced) rules.

The reason I say that is that their "Backstage Hospitality Pass" ie a standard Hospitality ticket is only made available by the Festival to these kind of companies on the strict condition that it's never re-sold for more than face value - which is usually approximately twice the cost of a standard punter ticket so probably around £550 by the next festival. The company can then make their money by selling (mandatory) add-ons along with it - usually off-site accommodation, shuttle buses direct into the site, and other stuff like that. But even doing that, they're required to make it clear what part of the cost is the ticket is and what's the other stuff. These chancers appear to be flogging the ticket itself at 10 times face value and offering nothing else.

2 hours ago, blutarsky said:

hope you’re all flush...

This is what I got back:

If I win the (a big) Euromillions I'll take the resale club! Luxury trailers all round - even though I'd still want to camp in my usual place!!

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/31/2021 at 4:06 PM, blutarsky said:

hope you’re all flush...

This is what I got back:

Honestly people who buy these Ultimate experience packages would be better off buying a house in Pilton at least that would be an appreciating asset if you can afford £15k per person it'd be a better use of your money. 

That said if I had been the person who won £59 million on the lottery last night it would have been ultimate experience all round for me, my husband and friends (including my fellow re-saler's (sadly it wasn't me so this is kind of pie in the sky talk!)

1 hour ago, gigpusher said:

Honestly people who buy these Ultimate experience packages would be better off buying a house in Pilton at least that would be an appreciating asset if you can afford £15k per person it'd be a better use of your money. 

That said if I had been the person who won £59 million on the lottery last night it would have been ultimate experience all round for me, my husband and friends (including my fellow re-saler's (sadly it wasn't me so this is kind of pie in the sky talk!)

Imagine what you could do with £59m. I'd want to set up and run an area at the festival - free tickets for as long as you run it and you get to influence the festival. I want to set up a Ska Bar near Glasto Latino. 

2 hours ago, gigpusher said:

I frequently do. It's what gets me through the monotony of working life. I always use the money to in some way ensure I have tickets. Usually I buy a house in Pilton. 

This would do nicely: Ditcheat Hill, Somerset, BA4 6TL
https://www.rightmove.co.uk/property/105254360

Is it close enough to get village tickets?