Resale club 2020 / 2021

Superscally

1 minute ago, gigpusher said:

Must admit I'm feeling optimistic that it will go ahead now if not that I'll be there. 

for now we are on the the optimistic path ..... the time for slowly dropping off that is June 23rd when the gates open .... until that point there will be various chances .... and this time we have the best and most organised resale team behind us :) 

30 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

for now we are on the the optimistic path ..... the time for slowly dropping off that is June 23rd when the gates open .... until that point there will be various chances .... and this time we have the best and most organised resale team behind us :) 

Yes I have a few personal things that may affect my ability to even go. One of my dogs is seriously ill and nobody can work out what is wrong with her. It's been going on for a year now but recently getting a lot worse and if we can't find a resolution I don't think anyone else would be able to look after her and of course my brother is also terminally ill and I don't know yet how that will progress. He is due to have his chemo next week and we'll see how he reacts to that and we are doing lots of tests on Nuala our dog as well before Christmas in the hope of finding out what's wrong. Honestly the best Christmas present somebody could give me would be a diagnosis at this stage. 

Let's just say at the moment I'm down but I'm not out. Still clinging to the hope that we can go and should know 1 way or the other by April. 

1 minute ago, gigpusher said:

Yes I have a few personal things that may affect my ability to even go. One of my dogs is seriously ill and nobody can work out what is wrong with her. It's been going on for a year now but recently getting a lot worse and if we can't find a resolution I don't think anyone else would be able to look after her and of course my brother is also terminally ill and I don't know yet how that will progress. He is due to have his chemo next week and we'll see how he reacts to that and we are doing lots of tests on Nuala our dog as well before Christmas in the hope of finding out what's wrong. Honestly the best Christmas present somebody could give me would be a diagnosis at this stage. 

Let's just say at the moment I'm down but I'm not out. Still clinging to the hope that we can go and should know 1 way or the other by April. 

fingers crossed for you on all that and the same for everyone on this thread .... it feels like a personal challenge for me to get as many as possible to those fields ( and myself )  ... most of whom ive never met (yet ) its been a tough year but we are starting to get signs of hope and hopefully they will translate into the other stuff too 

9 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

fingers crossed for you on all that and the same for everyone on this thread .... it feels like a personal challenge for me to get as many as possible to those fields ( and myself )  ... most of whom ive never met (yet ) its been a tough year but we are starting to get signs of hope and hopefully they will translate into the other stuff too 

Thanks! I really want to be there (more than you can possibly imagine!!) After strongly arguing my case with a lot of vets this week I feel like we might have a chance of getting a diagnosis. By the end of this year we will have spent more than our £7k insurance on her treatment so far and that's not including the crazy amount we have spent that we can't claim but if we can get her back to normal it will all be worth it. 

Seems crazy to say that her condition has almost been more stressful than my brothers but I think that's because my brother has been so accepting of everything that's happening that I don't really feel I have any right to be any different. I did have an argument with audible about how stupid their gift subscription service is though so I guess that was the emotion of that spilling over. I still think it's utterly ridiculous that you can only give a gift subscription that gives them 1 credit a month rather than just a set number of credits to use within a year and the feedback I left was that the customer services rep was inhuman!! 

And can I say @crazyfool1your positivity is very much appreciated. 

Edited by gigpusher

Does anyone know where I might head to report a ticket holder that has registered at a local adress and doesn’t live there ... I think it’s important that people don’t abuse this ... I’ve looked on the main site and it doesn’t seem that an email to that fits ... and I can’t find an appropriate email for see .... any ideas ? 

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, Big durbs said:

" GIGS " ... what are those ?? lol

i here you , my time line is a constant source of depression , it keeps showing gig's , holiday's . and worse than that is my diary reminders telling me where i should be ! the one that said i should be in new york for my wedding anniversary was painful .

keep the faith , the crazyness will end at some point .

Oh yes the end is in sight . In the spirit of optimism I even bought my first gig ticket for next year. Add that to the 10 plus already re-scheduled hopefully we have a great 2021 to make up for this year. Fingers crossed you can do your New York trip as well. 

6 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

I have tickets to The Great Escape festival which is in May, I doubt very much that’s going ahead! It’s a festival around 20-30 bars/venues in Brighton, I can’t see how that could happen. 

something needs to open if we are to 100% get Glastonbury as per your prediction ....

1 hour ago, crazyfool1 said:

something needs to open if we are to 100% get Glastonbury as per your prediction ....

Oh yeah definitely, this festival in Brighton is in so many cramped, small places which is much harder from a virus prevention perspective so I think if that of festival goes ahead then Glastonbury definitely will!

16 hours ago, Big durbs said:
WARNING ...RANT!
For those of you who are placing Christmas lights / decorations in your garden, can you please avoid anything that has Red or Blue flashing lights together?
Every time I come around the corner, I think it's the police and I have a panic attack.
I have to brake hard, toss my cider out the window, hide the weed, fasten my seat belt, throw my phone on the floor, turn my radio down, all while trying to drive.
It's just too much drama, even for Christmas.
Thank you for your cooperation and understanding

Lol you'd need to be careful on some of the streets near us. Some of them have gone all out this year. I wouldn't want their electricity bill!! 

36 minutes ago, Big durbs said:

We always put some lights up in our tree ( led lights are cheap to run ) , a couple of years ago I put the lights in the tree , on my drive home from work I noticed it made a shape of a cock n balls , Mrs d was not happy lol

A1771FAE-1564-483C-B842-DD4AD3C8A774.jpeg

F20301F5-6035-4D9A-B3D3-E857D6A64D0B.png

😄 I approve wholeheartedly. It would be especially appropriate this year!!

• 4 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, Johnkhutch said:

The change of refund date has made me a tiny bit more optimistic. It'll be interesting if it goes ahead what the resale pot will look like; will people still be cautious of attending a mass event? Or are we going to see even less than usual being returned?

There is also the prospect that internationals might get tickets rolled over ... and that might be a thing for anyone not sure too ... quite a few sadly will be unable to make it because economic impacts ... 

3 hours ago, gigpusher said:

Still loitering but having had my outdoor moonwalk cancelled in May already I'm feeling a little pessimistic about Glastonbury going ahead. Has something happened that is giving us hope?? 

They've changed the refund cut-off to end of March on the website which seems to have sparked a bit of hope round these parts.

49 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Yes must admit it's not really doing it for me either! Think they're just giving themselves as much time as possible, which makes sense for either scenario.

I suspect they are throwing whatever they can into at least creating something virtual this year which if they can do it with some BBC funding would at least give some artists a  change to get in front of a bigger audience.