Resale club 2020 / 2021

Superscally

42 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

For Glastonbury or festivals in general ? 

Both. Quite a few on FB Glasto Chat and in other fans forums. Also in other non-FB forums. Read reports of numerous international travellers now not attending.

Just now, Lycra said:

Both. Quite a few on FB Glasto Chat and in other fans forums. Also in other non-FB forums. Read reports of numerous international travellers now not attending.

Yeah it’s definately tough for the internationals ... don’t know how late they can realistically leave it ... hopefully none from here ... 

Don't know if this has been posted anywhere in here but these are the dates announcements of ticket sales were made in the years since the introduction of the October sales:

2009: 30th July
2010: 17th September
2011: 1st September
2013: 20th June
2014: 16th September
2015: 15th September
2016: 18th September
2017: 12th September
2019: 17th September
2020: 17th September

With final day for refunds being the 15th, I don't think there will be any news before then. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

Don't know if this has been posted anywhere in here but these are the dates announcements of ticket sales were made in the years since the introduction of the October sales:

2009: 30th July
2010: 17th September
2011: 1st September
2013: 20th June
2014: 16th September
2015: 15th September
2016: 18th September
2017: 12th September
2019: 17th September
2020: 17th September

With final day for refunds being the 15th, I don't think there will be any news before then. 

Id just come on here to post your tweet  ... no it hasn't :) thanks 

Edited by crazyfool1

4 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

Not long now ......... maybe :) 

Hopefully sale will go ahead, assistance will be on hand! I’ve said before I know of two tickets already refunded and another couple who are almost sure they won’t be able to attend but will wait until nearer the time to cancel. 

4 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Hopefully sale will go ahead, assistance will be on hand! I’ve said before I know of two tickets already refunded and another couple who are almost sure they won’t be able to attend but will wait until nearer the time to cancel. 

Thanks and the same to all the helpers that are on standby alongside the resale team :) 

1 hour ago, crazyfool1 said:

Resale crew just to let you know how committed to Glastonbury I am ... I set up a glastonbury poll from my pocket ... I’ve no idea what it’s about yet ... answers on a glastonbury postcard 

I saw this earlier and thought you must have started drinking very early!

23 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

Resale crew just to let you know how committed to Glastonbury I am ... I set up a glastonbury poll from my pocket ... I’ve no idea what it’s about yet ... answers on a glastonbury postcard

Which answer won?

And do you have do do something bizarre and unexpected in response?

1 hour ago, Chazwozza said:

Which answer won?

And do you have do do something bizarre and unexpected in response?

Yep I was the clear winner and those people have agreed to keep me in Glastonbury tickets for life ... I’ve asked them to DM me prior to resale to get my registration details :) 

13 hours ago, Big durbs said:

Today’s development on the Glastonbury website does not look promising for a October sale 😞 

What was it...? 

This...?

image.thumb.png.c56144b772f092d4e49057c040f8c081.png

Do we now think there will only be an April resale? 

Edited by blutarsky
Adding screenshot

8 minutes ago, blutarsky said:

What was it...? 

This...?

image.thumb.png.c56144b772f092d4e49057c040f8c081.png

Do we now think there will only be an April resale? 

That seems to be the consensus now. Lot of talk about it in the Please Mr Eavis... thread. Now there's talk of the festival moving to September, I wonder if the resale would be pushed even later. July maybe?

This has bummed me out quite a bit to be honest. Having that potential October sale date as something to look forward to (the required result, not the sale itself) was nice. Now it's just long old slog of a winter and uncertainty.

7 hours ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

That seems to be the consensus now. Lot of talk about it in the Please Mr Eavis... thread. Now there's talk of the festival moving to September, I wonder if the resale would be pushed even later. July maybe?

This has bummed me out quite a bit to be honest. Having that potential October sale date as something to look forward to (the required result, not the sale itself) was nice. Now it's just long old slog of a winter and uncertainty.

Yes I'm a bit down about the prospect of how long it's all going on for. This is made worse by seeing so many people meeting up with people and clearly not social distancing etc. I'm not close with my family so haven't missed them as much as friends and gigs but it feels like everyone else's behaviour is meaning the things that mean the most to me keep being delayed. :( 

Trying to console myself with the thought that I would only request a refund at this point if I found myself unemployed and really strapped for cash. If there were any other scenarios going on that might make it uncertain - or I could do without £50 I spent a year before - I would wait to balance day and assume I'd have a clearer picture by then. So yeah it makes sense a lot would wait.

It's good news for the festival that people are waiting and sticking by them. Not that we wouldn't have snapped those tickets up! 

1 hour ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Trying to console myself with the thought that I would only request a refund at this point if I found myself unemployed and really strapped for cash. If there were any other scenarios going on that might make it uncertain - or I could do without £50 I spent a year before - I would wait to balance day and assume I'd have a clearer picture by then. So yeah it makes sense a lot would wait.

It's good news for the festival that people are waiting and sticking by them. Not that we wouldn't have snapped those tickets up! 

Yep agree completely. I don't think it was ever likely we'd see even a half decent amount of returns for an October resale; as you say unless someone's really in a dire situation that they need the £50 back, why would they? Worst case scenario, they've bagged themselves a 2022 ticket (assuming it rolls over).

2 minutes ago, Big durbs said:

But you know Big D , always positive, in April they have the final numbers of crew , they always keep a block back for crew , performers ect , what’s left goes back into the resale pot , and of course these can’t be released in October.

I know that's a rumour, including amongst crew. But I'm pretty sure that it's not really true in that sense - the licence makes a very distinct separation between Public and non-public tickets.

I can't remember all the numbers for sure off the top of my head - but they categorically aren't allowed  to sell more than the stated number of public tickets (something like 135k weekend + 5k Sunday) - even if there's less crew on site to even it up.

I think that they can cut in to the 135k public tickets in order to provide more staff places - but since the increase a few years ago the festival hasn't used the full staff allocation anyway so there'd be no reason to do so or to hold those tickets back "just in case".

If there is any movement of tickets from crew to "public", the beneficiary will be hospitality (ie expensive and not readily available), as they're covered in the same allocation, assuming the festival is sticking to the licence (and they will be) it won't bolster numbers in general sale or a resale.

1 minute ago, Big durbs said:

Hospitality are counted as “ crew “ / guests I believe 

Yeah, that's what I mean - so less staff can mean more hospitality and vica versa. But those numbers don't affect the public sale at all.