Resale club 2020 / 2021

Superscally

1 minute ago, Wellyboot said:

its still on there about an October resale, so that's promising I think. It would be more concerning had they removed any mention of October all together  :) 

I didn’t get a ticket for 2020, will I still get a chance to book tickets for 2021

Tickets for Glastonbury Festival 2021 are sold out, with deposits paid for the 2020 Festival having rolled over. However just as we were due to have a resale in April for the 2020 Festival, any tickets for which the deposit is returned before 15th September 2020 will be made available in a ticket sale in early October. To book tickets in any sale you will first need to be registered.

That's from the main statement in March, isn't it? Just odd it's gone from the other page. We will know soon enough. 😬

11 minutes ago, vintagelaureate said:

That's from the main statement in March, isn't it? Just odd it's gone from the other page. We will know soon enough. 😬

It is, but I think if that's still on there its promising! I mean, surely if you weren't doing an October sale anymore you'd want to get it off the website all together, so im taking that as its still going ahead :) wont be long til we find out for definite :) 

23 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Did it originally say October on the page that @vintagelaureate referenced?

I'm not 100% certain if it was or not, and obviously I don't know anything but my guess would be they have just updated the normal ticket page with 2021 dates and because there isn't usually an October sale it hasn't been put on there.. maybe?

I do think if the October resale idea has been scrapped they'd wanna get it off the website all together tho

24 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Did it originally say October on the page that @vintagelaureate referenced?

I think October has always been on the official statement part, I'm not 100% sure about the FAQs. I just know it didn't used to say 'if tickets return to sale..."

I don't think that October 2020 has ever been mentioned on https://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/information/tickets/

Or at least, it wasn't on there on there on April 17th (when the page was still giving out all the 2019 sale info) or July 20th (when it said exactly what it does now). Maybe it was there briefly in the interim, but I doubt it.

History here.

23 minutes ago, incident said:

I don't think that October 2020 has ever been mentioned on https://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/information/tickets/

Or at least, it wasn't on there on there on April 17th (when the page was still giving out all the 2019 sale info) or July 20th (when it said exactly what it does now). Maybe it was there briefly in the interim, but I doubt it.

History here.

Maybe 20th July was the change of wording to the 'if' statement - if I've read that site right?

10 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

I think they may leave it until the New Year or until there is more certainty about it going ahead. Either way we just need to be prepared for when. 

I dont see that as an advantage to anyone though ? surely sell the tickets whilst the opportunity for a sale is there in October ... why wait a couple of months it might not be any more certain 

24 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

I dont see that as an advantage to anyone though ? surely sell the tickets whilst the opportunity for a sale is there in October ... why wait a couple of months it might not be any more certain 

Because they will have to pay See Tickets to run a sale and if they have to give refunds because it's not going ahead then they will have to give full refunds so they lose out. If they waited until they were certain it was going ahead ie a vaccine exists then they have no risk. At some point they will have to make a call as to whether whilst it is still so uncertain it is worth running a sale. They may decide they will but I wouldn't blame them if they waited a little while in the hope of a bit more certainty. 

4 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

Because they will have to pay See Tickets to run a sale and if they have to give refunds because it's not going ahead then they will have to give full refunds so they lose out. If they waited until they were certain it was going ahead ie a vaccine exists then they have no risk. At some point they will have to make a call as to whether whilst it is still so uncertain it is worth running a sale. They may decide they will but I wouldn't blame them if they waited a little while in the hope of a bit more certainty. 

I think this does make sense sadly. There will be costs associated with each sale.

25 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

yep that makes sense ... although Id still go with current options oct /april  because the ultimate aim of the festival is to sell out and  thats been a tried and tested system for 10 years ish since they last struggled to sell out ..... thats what id go with,  but your option is logical too .There will be a lot of people made jobless unfortunately and trying to get people to commit early is advantageous and will keep the numbers down a bit lower for April which is obviously closer to the festival 

1 hour ago, crazyfool1 said:

yep that makes sense ... although Id still go with current options oct /april  because the ultimate aim of the festival is to sell out and  thats been a tried and tested system for 10 years ish since they last struggled to sell out ..... thats what id go with,  but your option is logical too .There will be a lot of people made jobless unfortunately and trying to get people to commit early is advantageous and will keep the numbers down a bit lower for April which is obviously closer to the festival 

I think if there's any sign of optimism by then, then I'd agree with you but if there are more local lockdowns and nothing has changed then just waiting might be a better option for them. I think if next year isn't going to go ahead then they would want to make the call earlier before to much work is put into it. 

As you know I am optimistic that it will go ahead next year but I am also realistic that they won't want to incur expenses until they are more confident. 

7 minutes ago, Big durbs said:

speaking to someone who works on site ( silver hayes ) . they said 90% of the work they put in for this year would transpose to next year, and they stopped in March , so i would guess they would have till march before making the call without losing to much

And on the plus side for those of us in resale club the longer they leave it the better our chances. A lot of people give up if they don't get tickets in October because they want longer to plan and organise and they want to have something to look forward to. Fingers crossed all this madness ends soon and we know that is happening soon but let's not get too hung up on dates etc at the moment. 

Jesus Christ I can't take this. 

I so desperately want to be there for the next festival. 

Mrs Blutarsky and I were within spitting distance of the farm yesterday, driving through Pylle on the A37. We felt privileged to breathe the rarefied Pilton air (although it smelt a bit like cow shit) that the likes of @deebeedoobeeand @pilton diggersuck into their lungs on a daily basis. 

We had been on a buggy researching/buying mission to a baby shop in Keynsham as the two independent retailers and a Mothercare in our town have all shut down over the past 18 months (non-Covid related). We then headed home via Ilminster to look at a second hand buggy rather than take the M5. The temptation to detour into the village was strong, but we resisted, mainly because we were fucking melting. 

Lets all meet up in the year 2021 there. Or 2022. The important thing is all meeting up. 

12 minutes ago, Big durbs said:

oh mate , you were within spitting distance of my office in keynsham , i wish you had said , i would have put the kettle on 🙂

Didn't know you were there! We used the toilet at the Trout Inn and had a coffee in the Temple Street Canteen. 

20 hours ago, gigpusher said:

And on the plus side for those of us in resale club the longer they leave it the better our chances. A lot of people give up if they don't get tickets in October because they want longer to plan and organise and they want to have something to look forward to. Fingers crossed all this madness ends soon and we know that is happening soon but let's not get too hung up on dates etc at the moment. 

If i was running glasto I would wait until April (after balance payment week) and sell all remaining tickets then. By that point they will know for certain whether the festival can happen or not. It’s a bit much asking people to hand over the guts of £300 with no guarantee the event can even take place. It would be nice for all the people in resale limbo if the festival could come out with some sort of a plan. 

Edited by Madyaker

On 8/10/2020 at 12:42 PM, vintagelaureate said:

I think October has always been on the official statement part, I'm not 100% sure about the FAQs. I just know it didn't used to say 'if tickets return to sale..."

"if" makes sense because there is currently no guarantees anybody is going to hand their deposit back - it'll probably happen when they get email alerts asking if they want to roll over.

1 hour ago, Madyaker said:

If i was running glasto I would wait until April (after balance payment week) and sell all remaining tickets then. By that point they will know for certain whether the festival can happen or not. It’s a bit much asking people to hand over the guts of £300 with no guarantee the event can even take place. It would be nice for all the people in resale limbo if the festival could come out with some sort of a plan. 

But yes, I don't really see the point of the October sale myself (though I'd love two chances to get in there!) when there is no guarantee of a festival just now. I'd personally be surprised if many cancel now, I think it'll be when they actually have to pay the balance that most will go back in

5 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

"if" makes sense because there is currently no guarantees anybody is going to hand their deposit back - it'll probably happen when they get email alerts asking if they want to roll over.

But yes, I don't really see the point of the October sale myself (though I'd love two chances to get in there!) when there is no guarantee of a festival just now. I'd personally be surprised if many cancel now, I think it'll be when they actually have to pay the balance that most will go back in

Not many will be cancelling at this late stage although there might be a few that have unfortunately lost jobs ... but most of the previous period of October till March existed before they cancelled the festival so I would assume those tickets would be available .... maybe not in substantial numbers as most will go back when people fail to pay the balance 

2 hours ago, Madyaker said:

As far as I understand it would only be the £50 deposit to pay on October so resalers wouldn't be handing over any more than those with tickets already have.

They have given some sort of plan in that they said there would be an October sale, but no more details yet...

I would’ve thought the main reason to not have a sale in October is if there is a chance they might have to reduce attendance. I personally don’t think that’s viable and I don’t think it would happen, but if there is even maybe a 1% chance they’re worried they might have to go down that route, then it would make sense not to sell anymore tickets until nearer the time. It would be a nightmare to re-sell refunded tickets in October and then have to somehow row back on attendance at a later date, I’m not sure how they’d begin to do it.

That said I just can’t see it being viable but with a reduced attendance, it’s either viable or it’s not irrespective of attendance, but as I say they may hold back simply because it’s a possibility even if it’s almost certainly something that won’t happen.

On 8/11/2020 at 4:10 PM, efcfanwirral said:

I've seen on other threads and fans forums a surprising number of reported cancellations. If true an October sale would return the fest to it's original track and replenish the coffers