Resale club 2020 / 2021

Superscally

Just now, kemosabe said:

Thank you! This is huge for me, I have a bloody group of five... 

yep its a toughie ... when we get some confirmation we can see what we can do .... or maybe 2 can take a bus option leaving 3 to get main ... that will mean luck twice but we do have april after that :) 

Given that the refund deadline is still over 2 months away, I very much doubt that they've taken any decision on the specifics of the October sale. If they have 40,000 refunds then they'll most likely run it on normal rules, whereas if there's only 12 tickets in the pot, they'll probably skip it and wait until April.

A wider point than that - I think worrying about the specifics of when and why tickets might go back and how many are available at each sale is pointless at this stage. It's something that right now even the festival won't have a clear picture of because we're in new territory. Instead just remember and be content with the important truth - which is that between the October 2020 resale, and the April 2021 resale, there'll certainly be more tickets - far more tickets - than there would have been in a single April 2020 resale.

9 minutes ago, incident said:

Given that the refund deadline is still over 2 months away, I very much doubt that they've taken any decision on the specifics of the October sale. If they have 40,000 refunds then they'll most likely run it on normal rules, whereas if there's only 12 tickets in the pot, they'll probably skip it and wait until April.

A wider point than that - I think worrying about the specifics of when and why tickets might go back and how many are available at each sale is pointless at this stage. It's something that right now even the festival won't have a clear picture of because we're in new territory. Instead just remember and be content with the important truth - which is that between the October 2020 resale, and the April 2021 resale, there'll certainly be more tickets - far more tickets - than there would have been in a single April 2020 resale.

yep totally fair comment ... I did also ask if they didnt know as yet , when they thought they would be able to confirm 

Edited by crazyfool1

1 hour ago, crazyfool1 said:

Standard October sale at the moment is listed as a resale on glastonbury website and then April standard resale 

I'm wondering if the October resale will be the only one?  

Luckily I have a coach ticket but a lot of my friends missed out!

13 hours ago, incident said:

Couldn't agree more. The situation is extremely fluid and lots could or couldn't happen, including a second wave! It's not worth worrying about specifics until anything firm is known. Right now there is an intent to hold a sale in October of cancelled tickets. This may or may not occur as it is reliant on the number of tickets surrendered. Instinct however says it will go ahead, though the specifics will be unclear until an annoucement is made (late September?).

For what it's worth, I believe (maybe with a dash of hope) that with the global pandemic still on an upward curve, the number of tickets available in resales will be significant.

12 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

I'm wondering if the October resale will be the only one?  

Luckily I have a coach ticket but a lot of my friends missed out!

I believe the intention is to hold 2 resales. The April one would be a standard resale of tickets where the balance payment is not made and ticket forfeited. The October sale/resale is an additional sale of tickets surrendered because their original holder has requested a refund of the deposit. 

1 hour ago, Lycra said:

I believe the intention is to hold 2 resales. The April one would be a standard resale of tickets where the balance payment is not made and ticket forfeited. The October sale/resale is an additional sale of tickets surrendered because their original holder has requested a refund of the deposit. 

Why not just wait until April 2021 to 'sell' anymore rather than splitting it into (effectively) two more sales?

I get that one is for another deposit and another is for the full amount but to me it just seems a waste of admin money etc. 

Just now, gooner1990 said:

Why not just wait until April 2021 to 'sell' anymore rather than splitting it into (effectively) two more sales?

I get that one is for another deposit and another is for the full amount but to me it just seems a waste of admin money etc. 

More certainty I guess, which is especially beneficial right now.

The lucky purchasers get more certainty that they're going earlier, so can plan ahead.

The festival get more certainty that the tickets are going to get shifted and that those people aren't going to move on to plan B instead.

Remember that the October sales only started because of the struggle to sell the tickets in 2008, when nothing was sold before April.

3 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

Some of that deposit money will be used I would have thought or at least banked and interest earnt ... it won’t be pennies .... 

1 minute ago, incident said:

More certainty I guess, which is especially beneficial right now.

The lucky purchasers get more certainty that they're going earlier, so can plan ahead.

The festival get more certainty that the tickets are going to get shifted and that those people aren't going to move on to plan B instead.

Remember that the October sales only started because of the struggle to sell the tickets in 2008, when nothing was sold before April.

I initially thought that they were going to ask for balances to be paid in September and have the resale in October then nothing in April 2021. 

Yes I remember that, April 2008 was the easiest ticket day ever! :) 

4 hours ago, gooner1990 said:

Under UK consumer law I believe they are obliged to offer a full refund of money paid to date (ie the deposit) as Glasto 2020 was cancelled. Simply postponing Glasto 2020 until 2021 without offering the opportunity of a full refund would be considered a breech of the t&c's upon which the ticket is based. For comparison consider the uproar seen over the last few months in the travel & holiday industry where companies have cancelled bookings yet tried to hang on to money paid in the guise of "your holiday has now been put back to 2021" 

15 hours ago, Lycra said:

Under UK consumer law I believe they are obliged to offer a full refund of money paid to date (ie the deposit) as Glasto 2020 was cancelled. Simply postponing Glasto 2020 until 2021 without offering the opportunity of a full refund would be considered a breech of the t&c's upon which the ticket is based. For comparison consider the uproar seen over the last few months in the travel & holiday industry where companies have cancelled bookings yet tried to hang on to money paid in the guise of "your holiday has now been put back to 2021" 

thanks for the explanation. :) 

2 minutes ago, Big durbs said:

just out of interest , i just noticed this , they call the october resale a " Ticket sale " not a re-sale !

I didn’t manage to book accommodation for the 2020 Festival, would there be any available for 2021?

Any accommodation options which have already been cancelled, and those cancelled before 15th September 2020, will be made available in an accommodation sale following the October 2020 Ticket sale.!!!!

and as a further point , there would have been a pot of tickets ready for the april resale this year , which did'nt happen , those would be plus all the tickets that would have been thrown back in the pot post Covid cancellation ! so in theory there should be MORE tickets than a normal resale this coming october ......

just a thought , but you have to admit a good and valid point !

Loving your positivity!

58 minutes ago, Big durbs said:

No point being negative, especially with so many tickets with the resale crew names on them 😉 

I'm convinced there was already tickets held back from the main sale anyway as the resale date (originally) was announced at the same time as the main sale (i.e. before it had taken place). I've always hoped it was that supposed 7000 additional capacity.