Resale club 2020 / 2021

Superscally

On 7/3/2020 at 2:53 PM, blutarsky said:

We worked in hospitality last year and it was so much quieter on Sunday. Lots of people seemed to have gone home after Saturday night. 

I worked last year on the Stonebridge bar and the Sunday was noticeably quieter than any other day that I worked.

I think a lot of people go for it on the Saturday night as the big last blowout night of the weekend, especially if you've been there since Wednesday - energy and money start to run low by then!

On 7/2/2020 at 8:22 PM, gigpusher said:

I love those ones it's the ones who manage to get them and then complain that it's too busy, too big, too hot, too wet, too muddy, the toilets are horrible etc etc that drive me mad. I have a friend who knows someone who often goes but if it starts raining he always leaves. I mean what a waste of a ticket!!

A friend of a friend camped with us in 2015.  Decided that five days camping was too much so he came down on his own on the Thursday evening, come Saturday lunchtime he decided he'd had enough and packed up and was home again in Kent by 7pm. 🤬

Not seen him at the festival since. 

I've been thinking about the number of tickets that will be returned and i think ive changed my mind and think theres gonna be alot for resale for the following reasons

• Exam clashes - You're gonna have a whole load of 16-18 Year who are holding their breath over when their exams are. Probably wont see the effect till the April resales but if theres clashes you're gonna see more tickets
  • Lack of line up enthusiasm - I can only speak anecdotally but two of the members of my group are festival noobs  (They have only been to 1 before hand) and they dont full appreciate that the line up id just part of the Glastonbury experience and have a more "basic" taste of music. We're all still going but i feel there will be groups of people who wont appreciate what Glastonbury is and  look only at the line up  
  • Economic - This year has hit people hard and there will be a difficult few years for the country with Brexit and recession. 

10 hours ago, aj6658 said:

I've been thinking about the number of tickets that will be returned and i think ive changed my mind and think theres gonna be alot for resale for the following reasons

• Exam clashes - You're gonna have a whole load of 16-18 Year who are holding their breath over when their exams are. Probably wont see the effect till the April resales but if theres clashes you're gonna see more tickets
  • Lack of line up enthusiasm - I can only speak anecdotally but two of the members of my group are festival noobs  (They have only been to 1 before hand) and they dont full appreciate that the line up id just part of the Glastonbury experience and have a more "basic" taste of music. We're all still going but i feel there will be groups of people who wont appreciate what Glastonbury is and  look only at the line up  
  • Economic - This year has hit people hard and there will be a difficult few years for the country with Brexit and recession. 

Good points, I think that will all feed into the April resale though - 

- Exam dates won't be announced by September refund date 

- Line up will have had some announcements

- It's the actively chasing the refund that will delay it, whereas April you just don't pay.

14 hours ago, Big durbs said:

Ok good evening , im just locking up my office and heading home to my beautiful wife 🙂

does this work better for you GP lol . have a good one buddy 

Today is my last day in work until next Wednesday so feeling a lot happier today!! Hope everyone has a lovely day today. I can't wait until I can put my out of office on today even though we're not going anywhere I may venture to a few restaurants. 

4 minutes ago, Big durbs said:

oh wow , you are liv'in the dream . hope you day goes mega quick and your time off goes uber slow , 

Thanks. Looking forward to a few lie in's, some nice walks and some nice food. The simple things in life. Might listen to some of the vinyl that I've had delivered recently but been too busy to listen to. I'm a sucker for coloured vinyl and got some great ones recently. 

Hope everyone has a good one. 

57 minutes ago, Big durbs said:

love a bit of vinyl , i have still got loads from my youth ( about 400 singles and a stack of 12" and albums 🙂 . i think i still have kenny everett . snot rap on GREEN vinyl . lol

Sadly all my childhood vinyl has been destroyed. My little sister used to play hopscotch on them once CD's came along. We probably had some that would be quite valuable as well although there was a lot of shit as well. I seem to recall we had some Mini Pops albums anyone remember them?? 

23 hours ago, aj6658 said:

Yeah. I mean I fancied my chances last year going into the resale, before it got cancelled. Less people take part in that sale anyway, which tends to mean that if you’re organized you start a cracking chance. 

I don’t see next April being any harder then that sale was going to be. Indeed with the points you raise, it should actually be easier. But I also think none of your points will come into fruition for October. I think that’s still going to have very few tickets and all the normal amount of people. 

It’ll probably help Glastonbury to have this situation, it’ll help further the “mystic” of the festival when it “sells out” in 15 seconds or whatever it is 😂. Solidify it as a ‘must do’ or a bucketlist thing for more and more people - who try once a year for tickets. 

Edited by kemosabe

4 minutes ago, kemosabe said:

I honestly reckon because of this summers Glastonbury highlights, more people will try for tickets for the first time then have tickets at the moment.  

There are real glastonbury highlights every summer ... a few on iPlayer won’t make a significant difference in my opinion ... the good ratings and numbers would be significantly affected by masses of people being home with nothing else to do 

5 minutes ago, Lycra said:

I'm starting to think the longer this shit goes on the more tickets will be cancelled by September. Or am I hoping too much 🤔

If people are in the unfortunate position of having lost jobs I think they will be having to make some tough longer term decisions ... although at that point it is “only “ £50 though 

7 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

If people are in the unfortunate position of having lost jobs I think they will be having to make some tough longer term decisions ... although at that point it is “only “ £50 though 

but if you're really struggling its £50!!

So you never know 

3 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

True it's only £50 but its allied with the extra £500+ which will be required to do Glasto 2021. And an even greater financial requirement for those travelling from abroad. For some I think the writing will be on the wall enough for them to changes plans.

Edited by Lycra

1 hour ago, Lycra said:

True it's only £50 but its allied with the extra £500+ which will be required to do Glasto 2021. And an even greater financial requirement for those travelling from abroad. For some I think the writing will be on the wall enough for them to changes plans.

oh absolutely ... was just thinking that people ( might ) hold off the decision until balance repayment as people would know where they stand then .... we will see though ... October isn't so far away now ... 

10 minutes ago, Luigi said:

Cool where at?

I didn’t get a ticket for 2020, will I still get a chance to book tickets for 2021

Tickets for Glastonbury Festival 2021 are sold out, with deposits paid for the 2020 Festival having rolled over. However just as we were due to have a resale in April for the 2020 Festival, any tickets for which the deposit is returned before 15th September 2020 will be made available in a ticket sale in early October. To book tickets in any sale you will first need to be registered.

https://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/a-statement-from-glastonbury-festival/

• Upvote 2