Resale club 2020 / 2021

Superscally

20 minutes ago, DareToDibble said:

One of my favourite things are the people who say to me they are going to try for tickets, completely unaware you have to register.

Then on ticket day give up after 5 minutes and say they thought it would be easy.

🤯

I love those ones it's the ones who manage to get them and then complain that it's too busy, too big, too hot, too wet, too muddy, the toilets are horrible etc etc that drive me mad. I have a friend who knows someone who often goes but if it starts raining he always leaves. I mean what a waste of a ticket!!

5 minutes ago, Big durbs said:

One of the girls at my friends company went , put her tent up , spent two hours looking around and decided it was two busy and left , at least on her way out she gave her wristband and pass out to someone who was desperate to go .

I assume it's because they know that a number of these people exist that they can increase the capacity on the Sunday but it's still a sickener when you know how sought after the tickets are that some go to such undeserving people. 

10 minutes ago, Big durbs said:

I know , it was 2017 . The year I didn’t get tickets, I was so upset, what a waste, but at least someone who was lucky enough who was outside and looked like her got to go ... and fir free !

Oh that's painful! If only you'd known you could've found the person in the secret resale thread who looked most like her & got them to meet her in the car park (or given yourself a makeover, it's worth a shot!)

14 minutes ago, Big durbs said:

hey @Simsy , it get worse , last year i had two sets of tickets ! i got tickets in the sale , and was then lucky enough to get guest tickets to silverhayes , so my general tickets were going begging ,, i did try to find someone on here who looked like me and Mrs D was with no luck , again they could have had them for the price of a cold one on the farm 😞

Glasto tickets like busses, all turning up at once!

19 minutes ago, Big durbs said:

hey @Simsy , it get worse , last year i had two sets of tickets ! i got tickets in the sale , and was then lucky enough to get guest tickets to silverhayes , so my general tickets were going begging ,, i did try to find someone on here who looked like me and Mrs D was with no luck , again they could have had them for the price of a cold one on the farm 😞

Wow bet many would have killed for them. I do think it's a shame that they can't do an official resale on something like Twickets for genuine cases like this but I understand it's probably hard to administer. 

2 hours ago, gigpusher said:

Wow bet many would have killed for them. I do think it's a shame that they can't do an official resale on something like Twickets for genuine cases like this but I understand it's probably hard to administer. 

I think in any instance where there could be resale, touts would find a way. 

Just now, vintagelaureate said:

I think in any instance where there could be resale, touts would find a way. 

I don't know Twickets have done a pretty good job with some events that have been sold out but there would be admin related tasks that the cost of would probably be too great for Glastonbury to absorb. You'd need a Twickets entrance for a start and you'd probably need them on every gate, they'd need to be able to print new photo tickets etc but you could possibly do it if you had at least a slightly longer deadline so rather than Mid-May give people the chance to change them up to Mid June but only through Twickets. Even f you told a friend exactly when you were adding them to Twickets there'd be no way to guarantee they would get them. 

18 hours ago, gigpusher said:

I assume it's because they know that a number of these people exist that they can increase the capacity on the Sunday but it's still a sickener when you know how sought after the tickets are that some go to such undeserving people. 

We worked in hospitality last year and it was so much quieter on Sunday. Lots of people seemed to have gone home after Saturday night. 

9 minutes ago, blutarsky said:

We worked in hospitality last year and it was so much quieter on Sunday. Lots of people seemed to have gone home after Saturday night. 

That's always the problem with hospitality corporate freebies will include loads of people who needed to be back at work by Monday. 

21 hours ago, Big durbs said:

I did investigate with someone on here , but didn’t look close enough to risk the long drive with the potential to be turned away 

Yes as much as I love the festival I think I'd be too paranoid to travel all the way down there to potentially get turned away. 

3 hours ago, Big durbs said:

yes .. that's what we both said in the end , also , if they did get turned away with a ticket with my name on it , would that go as a black mark against my registration as well ? 

i was so desperate for my tickets to not go to waste but it had to be as close to a certainty as possible for all concerned. 

Maybe we need to start a thread for doppelgangers :D

26 minutes ago, Luigi said:

How much success do you guys usually have in the resale? :)

seriously though its very difficult to measure as this year is going to be very much an unknown quantity ... we effectively have 2 sales with helpers for both but the unknown factor of ticket availability being even more of a lottery that usual .... as a team though we have sworn an oath of allegiance to the f5 button and we will all help to the bitter end , whatever that might be ..... my thoughts are that me may get a return of the secret mini resales this year .... but it is even more unknown than usual .... but its the best resale team ever ...

31 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

seriously though its very difficult to measure as this year is going to be very much an unknown quantity ... we effectively have 2 sales with helpers for both but the unknown factor of ticket availability being even more of a lottery that usual .... as a team though we have sworn an oath of allegiance to the f5 button and we will all help to the bitter end , whatever that might be ..... my thoughts are that me may get a return of the secret mini resales this year .... but it is even more unknown than usual .... but its the best resale team ever ...

Thanks! Haven’t done resale before , good to here that you’ve had success. Nice to have something to look forward to at the minute...

24 minutes ago, Big durbs said:

its not a stress , its just the day we all get up early on a sunday to ensure ALL the resale crew get tickets for next year , if anything the only stressful parts is the getting up early on a sunday ! lol

we got this guys 🙂

Always positive! Always ready with a 'its all good message!' Love it! Cheers fella! 😁👍

Edited by semmtexx

9 hours ago, Kalopsia said:

I'm happy to help anyone out! Just give me a shout and I'll give it my best shot. 

That's the attitude!! Help those of us who live and breathe it get in. It'll make the atmosphere better for the rest of you!! :D Maybe that can be our sales pitch!!

6 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

That's the attitude!! Help those of us who live and breathe it get in. It'll make the atmosphere better for the rest of you!! :D Maybe that can be our sales pitch!!

Everyone who's on this forum site deserves to be there, we all love the farm and leave no trace (plus we're the most enthusiastic paging @crazyfool1) 😁

• Upvote 1