Resale club 2020 / 2021

Superscally

Happy birthday @crazyfool1 :)

Hopefully next year there are less people who try as a result of TV coverage. I'm sure every year there must be loads of people who see it live on TV and think they will try for tickets the following year.

Despite the coverage the BBC is going to offer, I'd say it is less likely to 'convert' people than watching the live coverage all weekend.

3 minutes ago, BlueDaze said:

Happy Birthday @crazyfool1.!

you epitomise the spirit of community on here... always offering help, advice and positivity.

if we both get lucky in 2021resales... you will be the first bloke I seek out to put a cider in your hand..

Thanks so much ... will be a pleasure meeting you and the rest of the resale team ... struggles will be overcome together 

Hi Everybody!

Long time lurker on eFestivals and finally decided to join in on the fun.  My wife and I were able to get tickets back in 2016 and haven't stopped talking about our amazing experience at the festival to our friends ever since.  We decided to try again for tickets this year but failed miserably in the sale and ultimately decided to go to another festival instead of trying again in the resale.  With the 2020 festival season being postponed to next year it has allowed me to really dig into "Resale club" thread and read all of the encouragement and optimism from each of the club members with the ultimate goal of getting a ticket for a many of the members as possible.  This positive attitude has encouraged my wife and I (as well as a friend that we have talked into going) to give it another go in the resale (two resales?) for 2021.  I'm not sure if the spreadsheet will be opened back up for more people to join, but if it is we would to join if at all possible.  I know I'm new around here and I completely understand if you would like to keep the spreadsheet to members who have been on here for awhile.  If that is the case we would still like to offer our help in getting the resale club members a ticket when it comes time.

Either way, I wish everyone well during this time and hope to meet as many of you as I can on the farm someday!

Hi and welcome @thefudgefactory, I think it would be a waste  not to use the spreadsheet so I will probably bring it to the fore again next month or so... just send your details over and we can add you to it (name, reg. number, post code & coach details if you want them) to glastonburyresale@gmail.com 

6 minutes ago, vintagelaureate said:

Hi and welcome @thefudgefactory, I think it would be a waste  not to use the spreadsheet so I will probably bring it to the fore again next month or so... just send your details over and we can add you to it (name, reg. number, post code & coach details if you want them) to glastonburyresale@gmail.com 

Is there room for one more?

9 minutes ago, blutarsky said:

What’s going on in it? On phone and can’t really see. 
Are they filming there? 

There does say in the Glastonbury coverage that there's a special guest on Thursday night so perhaps there will be a live performance from the Pyramid stage??

12 minutes ago, Fanbloodytastic said:

Is there room for one more?

yeah, we have tried to match people up to groups to increase chances etc. I will need to review the spreadsheet when we pull it out to check everyone on it wants to be on it, but you're welcome to join us.

43 minutes ago, vintagelaureate said:

yeah, we have tried to match people up to groups to increase chances etc. I will need to review the spreadsheet when we pull it out to check everyone on it wants to be on it, but you're welcome to join us.

That would be awesome, thanks. 2020 was the first year since 2015 I wasn't successful in getting those magic tickets so it was pretty gutting, but I guess the resale club is something everyone will experience at some point. We definitely all need to be there on the farm next year.

1 minute ago, MrZigster said:

Happy birthday @crazyfool1(didn't I see a thread earlier?). Still rooting for you finding an in for next year.

it disappeared ... in fairness if everyone had birthday threads we might be overwhelmed ...  very grateful to @Yoghurt on a Stick for setting it up though .... and thankyou twice ... will be there somehow :) 

1 minute ago, crazyfool1 said:

it disappeared ... in fairness if everyone had birthday threads we might be overwhelmed ...  very grateful to @Yoghurt on a Stick for setting it up though .... and thankyou twice ... will be there somehow :) 

I loved the detail Yog had gone into - lots of factual information! 

11 hours ago, Big durbs said:

Welcome on board to @Fanbloodytastic and @thefudgefactory , you will find this thread if lovely people very caring and supportive, but most of all positive! If any of us are having a bad day , the rest Pick you back up 🙂 

Thanks durbs, looking forward to getting to know everyone!😀

17 hours ago, vintagelaureate said:

This is what I get for going dark on efests for the last...however long it was (basically since Oct last year) - I think I may have missed the spreadsheet being put together!...and in my hazy mind - I cannot recall if I actually submitted my details to get added to it?

Are you able to check if I am on there already :D

I'll get details sent over sharpish if not

On 6/23/2020 at 10:24 AM, vintagelaureate said:

Thank you @vintagelaureate! I have emailed the details for my group to the resale email.

On 6/23/2020 at 4:21 PM, Big durbs said:

Welcome on board to @Fanbloodytastic and @thefudgefactory , you will find this thread if lovely people very caring and supportive, but most of all positive! If any of us are having a bad day , the rest Pick you back up 🙂 

Thanks for the welcome @Big durbs!  The biggest thing that I have picked up from reading through this whole thread is how positive everyone is, so I look forward to getting to know as many of you as I can!

Ok, new guy here! I'm officially joining the resale club. I went to Glasto for the first time last year and had the time of my life, I really want to go back again this year. Travelling from the US for Glasto it can be a lot to put together. I have a paid of Primavera Barcelona tickets, so even if I strike out on Glasto I'll be going to a fest either way.

Really hope October brings me some luck!

16 hours ago, pauladam said:

This is what I get for going dark on efests for the last...however long it was (basically since Oct last year) - I think I may have missed the spreadsheet being put together!...and in my hazy mind - I cannot recall if I actually submitted my details to get added to it?

Are you able to check if I am on there already :D

I'll get details sent over sharpish if not

What would the eFest meet be without me forcing rum upon this man? :lol:  Get him on the spreadsheet.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, crazyfool1 said:

well the teams will need rejigging from 4s to 6s potentially so potentially we have room for some additions ... presuming that october is counted as a standard sale .... 

I'll guess its gonna be 4's still - but dont think anything has been indicated?

Just now, crazyfool1 said:

well the teams will need rejigging from 4s to 6s potentially so potentially we have room for some additions ... presuming that october is counted as a standard sale .... 

I think it will still be 4s, but I know some will want to come off the spreadsheet too - my group is smaller already - so I will take stock of it all when the next week or so is over and we can get it running again. 

@pauladam if you're not on it, you can be no worries - we're all about getting as many people there as possible!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, vintagelaureate said:

I think it will still be 4s, but I know some will want to come off the spreadsheet too - my group is smaller already - so I will take stock of it all when the next week or so is over and we can get it running again. 

@pauladam if you're not on it, you can be no worries - we're all about getting as many people there as possible!

Thanks @vintagelaureate - should I just ping details over to the gmail address mentioned above?

Just now, pauladam said:

Thanks @vintagelaureate - should I just ping details over to the gmail address mentioned above?

Yeah, I'll add them next week - I have a few to do. Then I will tag everyone on it to check if any details have changed and rejig the groups etc.