Resale club 2020 / 2021

Superscally

Hiyah all.

hope you’re all doing well and sorry I’ve not been in here much this year but I wanted to wish you all a happy Glastonbury week (even though we didn’t get tickets).

I hope you’ve all managed to stay safe and sane so far through the pandemic.

My dad ended up in hospital on oxygen whilst we were on holiday just before Xmas (which was terrifying enough even without the virus) and with him currently being on the ‘shielded’ list I’ve been busy through the pandemic trying to ensure my parents are ok, fed and kept indoors.

my thoughts are now turning to Glasto and all of us here who didn’t get tickets and those who did but still can’t be there - there’ll be mixed emotions for sure for everyone, so I’m spending the next week catching up in here and doing minor planning for next weekends events.

@moheetoes I wish your Dad, your family and yourself all the best. 

My daughter is on the highly vulnerable list so my time has been spent containing her which is is difficult as she has little understanding of the situation! 

It will definitely be a week of mixed emotions; I'm not doing any special preparation for next week. I will enjoy some of the sets etc., enjoy watching what others are doing on here and then thoughts turn towards a hopeful success in the resale. 

Take care.

• Upvote 1

Thanks @vintagelaureate I hope your daughter manages to get through this, it’s difficult when loved ones don’t fully understand and thanks @Big durbs, dad is doing ok and my mother hasn’t killed him yet - it’ll be strange and interesting for them when they’re eventually allowed out having only seen distancing and shopping queues on the TV.

Facebook memories are great at this time of year, however I haven’t been to glasto since 2017, I haven’t been that lucky with tickets  in recent years but hoping to secure some for next year at some point.

stay safe everyone and have a great week, weather is going to be good for glasthomebury.

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, moheetoes said:

Hiyah all.

hope you’re all doing well and sorry I’ve not been in here much this year but I wanted to wish you all a happy Glastonbury week (even though we didn’t get tickets).

I hope you’ve all managed to stay safe and sane so far through the pandemic.

My dad ended up in hospital on oxygen whilst we were on holiday just before Xmas (which was terrifying enough even without the virus) and with him currently being on the ‘shielded’ list I’ve been busy through the pandemic trying to ensure my parents are ok, fed and kept indoors.

my thoughts are now turning to Glasto and all of us here who didn’t get tickets and those who did but still can’t be there - there’ll be mixed emotions for sure for everyone, so I’m spending the next week catching up in here and doing minor planning for next weekends events.

Hope your folks are doing ok. It's been a tough time for most people for all sorts or reasons either too busy or not busy enough. We'll get through this but don't think 2020 will go down in history as anyone's favourite year. 

22 hours ago, Big durbs said:

Gooood morning , how are we all doing ? , i have found a great link to the BBC lineup for Glasto (at home ) , it lists all the stuff they are putting on including radio ect 🙂

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b007r6vx/broadcasts/upcoming

Thanks for this. That's very useful. 

12 hours ago, vintagelaureate said:

@moheetoes I wish your Dad, your family and yourself all the best. 

My daughter is on the highly vulnerable list so my time has been spent containing her which is is difficult as she has little understanding of the situation! 

It will definitely be a week of mixed emotions; I'm not doing any special preparation for next week. I will enjoy some of the sets etc., enjoy watching what others are doing on here and then thoughts turn towards a hopeful success in the resale. 

Take care.

Hope you are coping ok with your daughter it's so much harder for little kids who don't understand. Saw 2 of my nieces for the first time this weekend and not being able to hug them was hard. The youngest has been suffering from anxiety. She's only 8 and both her paprents are busier than ever working from home. Over 100 days without seeing friends and being told to be quiet for hours of every day is just so hard on them. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Wellyboot said:

Sorry if you've already discussed this - I've not been in this thread really..

Are we expecting two resales? One in October and April? Or just one?

Hola, 

Yeah that's the expectation. A sale in October based on returns from the current situation, and then a 'normal' resale in April. 

I speculate that October will be harder than April as I would assume a smaller percentage will return their tickets between March and 19th September - but obviously I don't really know! 

I've never had to do the resale for myself before! Had success for two off here - @Yoghurt on a Stick being the one I remember - and got to a crashed payment scheme for @DareToDibble last year! 

Just hoping to be lucky!

Edited by vintagelaureate

3 minutes ago, vintagelaureate said:

Hola, 

Yeah that's the expectation. A sale in October based on returns from the current situation, and then a 'normal' resale in April. 

I speculate that October will be harder than April as I would assume a smaller percentage will return their tickets between March and 19th September - but obviously I don't really know! 

I've never had to do the resale for myself before! Had success for two off here - @Yoghurt on a Stick being the one I remember - and got to a crashed payment scheme for @DareToDibble last year! 

Just hoping to be lucky!

Thanks! I wasn't sure how they were gonna work it!

I'm thinking there might be more going back into the pot than we maybe think. With everything going on if people have lost their jobs or been on just 80% wages for a while the cost of a festival next year might be just too much to even think about atm? Maybe

I'm here to help in the resale/s :) 

1 minute ago, Wellyboot said:

I'm thinking there might be more going back into the pot than we maybe think. With everything going on if people have lost their jobs or been on just 80% wages for a while the cost of a festival next year might be just too much to even think about atm? Maybe

Thanks! We had a spreadsheet and we well organised for the resale, so we will drag that out again. Any help is appreciated though 👍

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Wellyboot said:

There might be some fair-weather Glastonbury goers (believe me, they do exist!) who maybe hadn't gone before, or maybe had and weren't fussed, who were just talked into it this year because of the "big anniversary" event. With that no longer a factor they may be less inclined to go next year too. 

14 minutes ago, vintagelaureate said:

Hola, 

Just hoping to be lucky!

Still can’t believe that. The Glasto gods were definitely taking the piss that day :lol: 

4 minutes ago, vintagelaureate said:

Thanks! We had a spreadsheet and we well organised for the resale, so we will drag that out again. Any help is appreciated though 👍

Absolutely! Once you're all set up with the spreadsheet just let me know which group i'm on with and I'll be ready :) 

1 minute ago, WestCountryGirl said:

There might be some fair-weather Glastonbury goers (believe me, they do exist!) who maybe hadn't gone before, or maybe had and weren't fussed, who were just talked into it this year because of the "big anniversary" event. With that no longer a factor they may be less inclined to go next year too. 

Excellent point. I'm hoping we manage to get everyone sorted :) 

3 minutes ago, DareToDibble said:

Still can’t believe that. The Glasto gods were definitely taking the piss that day :lol: 

Yep. But they served you right with the competition win! I always wonder what happens when you can screenshot a successful page but not have the message like we had - tickets stuck in limbo! 

Good positive thinking @WestCountryGirl

23 minutes ago, Big durbs said:

oh come on .. everyone WILL be sorted with Tix ..Big D has decreed it  . its happening 🙂

afternoon @Big durbs . Just had a crisis as the bottom co-op was shut for restocking..

...anyway i love that this thread is still going as apparently anyone without a ticket will now get one! perfect. I can relax now then! 😀

1 hour ago, SecretFish said:

afternoon @Big durbs . Just had a crisis as the bottom co-op was shut for restocking..

...anyway i love that this thread is still going as apparently anyone without a ticket will now get one! perfect. I can relax now then! 😀

good to see you returning to the fold ... :) 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, vintagelaureate said:

Hola, 

Just hoping to be lucky!

I can vouch for vintagelaureate's cool as a cucumber skills under pressure when getting me my ticket. I was in a complete flap because of a failure on my brother in law's part to actually tell me if he wanted a ticket or not. This meant when Vintage called me and said he was 'good to go' on the ticket purchasing front, i didn't know whether I was buying one or two. I was also desperately trying to contact my brother in law on another mobile. Anyway it was a bit of a performance as my end, but vintage just hung on in there very calmly. 

That was actually the year that I didn't go, despite having a ticket. I actually gave my ticket to someone for free to get in in the end. It's a long story.

So, I still owe you that pint vintagelaureate. One day I shall honour my pledge to you. Maybe even next year. We shall see.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, WestCountryGirl said:

This....

I really believe that there will be a good number that will have watched this years nonsense.. (and we have havent seen the end of it..) and thought ".... Nah.. cant be arsed.." i am positive that there are thousands that go each year and never return, and this time they will have to be really keen.

alongside @Welly Bootand the loss of jobs piece.. there will be the largest resale they have ever had.

Keep the faith brothers and sisters.

4 minutes ago, Big durbs said:

I stick by this , especially as the sale is in October, there will be a large number of people who won’t try so close to lockdown and restrictions, plus the job losses and uncertainty, the “ bucket listers “ who just wanted the 50th ! I definitely think there will be tickets for the asking. Don’t forget cochilla had 40% ticket return! 

Its all good for the resale.

I hope so for all of us. So much. 🤞 But I also hope that no one who really wants it has to give up their ticket due to reasons beyond their control - that'd be crap, and life is tough enough. Take care everyone.

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, vintagelaureate said:

I hope so for all of us. So much. 🤞 But I also hope that no one who really wants it has to give up their ticket due to reasons beyond their control - that'd be crap, and life is tough enough. Take care everyone.

agreed with that....

Hopefully the dedicated on here have squirreled their hard earned away already in expectation...

'Thanks so much everyone ... Lovely to wake up to comments  after a bit of a lie in .....My birthday is either very flat pre Glastonbury or absolutely incredible during ... middle ground is sometimes hard to find ..... This year has been a toughie so today im going to spend a few moments of reflection for those that have had difficult times and birthdays during lockdown .... a while ago I lost someone I work with with mental health issues and if anyone has a few coins spare id love it if people might chuck a few £s  in this direction https://www.mind.org.uk very key right now ....

Anyway onto the positives ... my next birthday will be in a lovely sunny Glastonbury Queue next year and meeting you lovely lot at the efest meet at the best place in the world 

gonna stop now as ive a tear in my eye for the first time this week 

will crack open a cider later :)